SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The polite mugu

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
simoncross
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This one was so unexpected it made me laugh.

As a newbie, for a few of my mugi, I am following the traditional road of establishing a silly church which does silly things. The is actually going down rather well with some: I have high hopes.

You can see a little of the churchy bait (with artwork!) <a href="http://www.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59681" target="_blank">by clicking here</a>.

But I was particularly taken with mugu . His initial approach was textbook stuff:

kd wrote:
I am Barrister , a solicitor at law,personal attorney to , a national Of your country and a contractor with Togo Regional Water Scheme in Lome Togo. Here in after shall be referred to as my client. On the 31st of June 2003, my client,his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident...

In short, did I fancy pinching inheritence as noone else wanted it?

Well, as is proper for a nun (even a naked nun), of the EML plays hard to get:

ig wrote:
Dear ,

I am very sorry to hear of the tragic death of Mr. . Mine is an unusual name, and he may even have been a relative of mine, but I am afraid that I have never heard of him. I left the outside world to become a Nun in the in 1985, and I no longer have money of my own. The church fulfills all my needs, so I couldn't accept an inheritence anyway: I have taken a vow of absolute poverty.

You are probably wondering why I do not donate this huge sum of money to our church, but unfortunately our church has very strict laws. We only accept donations from members of our church: not from non-believers. As this money would effectively be coming from you, and you are not a convert to the , we could not accept this money from you.

It is a shame, because we do a great deal of charitable work, and this money would have been helpful. We send money from our every month, which Western Union carry to our converts all around the world, so that they can buy churches and establish new ministries, and teach the strict laws of our church. They collect money from congregations and send it back to us. But we can only do this with converts to our church: it is our absolute law.

I wish you luck in finding someone else to help you in your plans.

Yours regretfully,

All very carefully weighted, I thought. Nominally, a refusal. Make them think they'll have to work for it: but dangle the ready funds of the in front of them, already distributed by Western Union to strangers, and who could resist? At this stage, he doesn't even known of the inevitably foolish initiation ceremony!

Which is why it was something of a surprise to receive this:

kd wrote:
Thanks for the mail.

That's it: the entire mail. Shocked

Just goes to show: however carefully planned, sometimes it just aint gonna happen. Confused

EPILOGUE

I can't help wondering.

If he caught me out as a trickster, why not the usual mixture of abuse, voodoo, and extravagant punctuation?

But stranger: if he missed the point, and just thought he'd make no money, why reply at all? He's prepared to rip people off, but remembers his manners?

Or is he awed by flirtatious smile in the compliment slip I sent with my email: would he be suspicious about dissing a nun?

Or is this a subtle con: seeing if I'll chase him?

One mugu has ignored and three are still chatting, but what is it with the polite, enigmatic, ... Question
bigal
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Simoncross you could always say that as he us such a nice polite man you were so impressed that you mentioned it to mother superior who said that the church had been looking for someone to help them invest the churchs money in his area, a princly sum of $80,000 us to start with and could he reccomend some one trustworthy with him being a barrister? as you are not used to handling money you need a more wordly person to assist in setting up an overseas church fund for which he would be paid very well as your representative and economic adviser? if he does not jump at this then i will eat my hat good hunting Big Al
simoncross
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod Edit: Full requote of previous post deleted.

Well, it's got to be worth a try, because I'll either get my naked, fig-leafed, apple crushing, snake strangling initiation picture of , or perhaps an even rarer pic of Big Al, eating a hat... Shocked

I shall send it this very evening: thanks! Cool

Simon
bigal
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"get a pic of kolta' "get a pic of kolta" no sauce "get a pic of kolta" Big Al
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic