SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mr Austin Wemba would like to meet Mr Richard Dastardly Esq.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mangetout

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My first attempt at scambaiting, which went rather well; just a little disappointing at the end:

Date:27 February 2004
Subject: Urgent Response Pls!!!
Tel: Tel:+27-83-982 1892
Johannesburg,,
South Africa.

Attn: Sir/Madam/Ceo

My name is Mr.Austin Wemba the elder of Mr Alexander Wemba of Zimbabwe . It might be a surprise to you where I got your contact address.I got it from the South Africa Information Network Online(SAINL)/South Africa Trade Center (SATC).

During the current crises against the farmers of Zimbabwe by the supporters of our President Robert Mugabe to claim all the white owned farms in our country, he ordered all the white farmers to surrender their farms to his party members and their followers. My father was one of the black farmers in the country who did not support the president�s political ideology, the president�s supporters invaded my father�s farm ,burnt down everything, shot him and as a result of the wounds sustained, he became sick and died after two days. And after his death, My mother and I with my younger Brother decided to move out of Zimbabwe for the safety of our lives to South-Africa.

BUT, before he died HE WROTE HIS WILL ,which reads "(MY BELOVEED SON ,I WISH TO DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THE SUM OF $22.7 MILLION U.S DOLLARS WHICH I DEPOSITED IN A BOX WITH A SECURITY COMPANY IN JOHANNESBURG (SOUTH-AFRICA). IN CASE OF MY ABSENCE ON EARTH CAUSED BY DEATH ONLY" .you should solicit for reliable foreign partner to assist you to transfer this money out of SOUTH-AFRICA for investment purpose.
I deposited the money in your Name "AUSTIN WEMBA" and it can be claimed by you alone with the deposit code, your mother has all the documents, Take good care of your mother and brother." From the above, you will understand that the lives and future of my family depends on this money as much, I will be very grateful if you can assist us. We are now living in South-Africa as POLITICAL ASYLUM SEEKERS and the financial law of SOUTH-AFRICA does not allow ASYLUM SEEKERS certain financial rights to such huge amount of money .

In view of this, I cannot invest this money in South-Africa, hence I am asking you to assist us transfer this money out of South-Africa for investment purposes. For your efforts, I am prepared to offer you 20% of the total fund, while 5% will be set aside for local and international expenses and 75% will be kept for my family and I.(ME).
Finally ,modalities on how the transfer will be done will be conveyed to you once we establish trust and confidence between ourselves.
Looking forward to your urgent reply .

For detailed information, you can contact me on the above telephone number or my email address NOTE: THE KEY WORD TO THIS TRANSACTION IS ABSOLUTE CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECRECY. THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% RISK FREE. YOUR URGENT RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

Best regards,

Austin Wemba
( For the family)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Mangetout (at my work email address, which I'd rather not share)
Date: 27 February 2004
Subject: Re: Urgent Response Pls!!!

Dear Sir

It is indeed an attractive and enticing offer, but I'm afraid I cannot help you, as my name is not Austin Wemba

Kindest Regards

Mr Richard Dastardly Esq

Date: 28 February 2004
Subject: Modality!!!

Dear barrister Richard,

I never address you as my Mr.Austin Wemba. Austin Wemba is my name, I am citizen of Zimbabwe presently in South Africa as asylum seeker (refugee). I left zimbabwe as a result of crisis in my country which was cause by president Robert Mugabe that led to the death of my father.

Now I am staying in here in a refugee camp and was restricted of some financial right. That is why I seek your assistance to clear and transfer this fund into your company or private account for investment in europe. I will appreciate if you will indicate your interest and willingness to assist me on this humble business transaction so that I will give you the break down detail on how this can be achieve with the assistance of a financial adviser whom I contacted already before seek your assistance.

Note that I am currently working to achieve a hitch free transfer of the said fund into any nominated account of yours and it is risk free as well.

I await your urgent and immediate response on this regard, Don't forget to include your direct phone and fax numbers for easy communication.

sincerely yours,

Mr. Austin Wemba
(for the family)

Date: 28 February 2004
Subject: Re: Modality!!!

Hello again Mr Austin

I tried to email you but I had some hardness with my email box yesterday; did you find my messages?

I am anxious to carry further with your idea; please let me know what to do next.

I am setting up another account for you to contact me, as I think my superior also desires to have your money; he is a bad man who constantly shouts at me on the telephone and does not deserve your favour.

Warmest thanks

Richard Dastardly

Date: 02 March 2004
Subject: TRASACTION (CONTED)
JOHANESSBURG
SOUTH-AFRICA
ATTN: ATTN: MR. RICHARD DASTARDLY

SIR,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY AND THAT COULD COUNT ON YOUR WILLINGNESS AND DESIRE TO ASSIST ME TRANSFER THE MONEY IN QUESTION.

BEFORE I CONTACTED YOU, I HAD MADE ALL NECESSARY ENQUIRY TOWARDS A HITCH FREE TRANSFER THROUGH AN EX-FINANCIAL DIRECTOR WHO HAS ASSURED TO ASSIST FOR SMOOTH TRANSFER, AS SOON AS I AM READY WITH MY FOREIGN PARTNER AND HE SUGGESTED THE FOLLOWING ON YOUR ON YOUR ARRIVAL.

WE WILL SIGN A BINDING AGREEMENT THAT WILL KEEP US TOGETHER, THIS AGREEMNT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGE AT THE COMPLETION OF THE TRANSFER.
YOU WILL COME DOWN TO SOUTH AFRICA TO OPEN A NON-RESIDENT ACCOUNT ON YOUR NAME INTO WERE THE SAID MONEY WILL BE DEPOSITED FOR ONWARD TRANSFER TO YOUR OVERSEAS ACCOUNT. THIS ACCOUNT I CANNOT OPEN BECAUSE OF MY STATUS HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA AS REFUGEE.
ON YOUR ARRIVAL, WE WILL PROCEED TO THE FINANCE HOUSE TO SIGN A RELEASE ORDER DOCUMENT THAT WILL ENABLE US TO COLLECT OUR CONSIGNMENT BOX (MONEY) FROM THERE CUSTODY. NONETHELESS , ALL NECESSARY ARRANGEMENT TOWARDS TRANSFER OF THE MONEY IN QUESTION IS IN PROGRESS WHILE AWAITING YOUR ARRIVAL TO EFFECT THE TRANSFER.

I WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU WILL START PREPARATION TOWARDS COMING DOWN TO SOUTH AFRICA TO CONCLUDE THE PROJECT.

CONFIRM YOUR TICKET AND FURNISH ME WITH DETAILS OF YOUR ARRIVAL SO THAT I WILL BOOK HOTEL RESERVATION AND SEND YOU DETAILS.

I AWAIT YOUR URGENT REPLY.

REGARDS,

MR. AUSTIN WEMBA

NB: FEEL FREE CONTACT ME THROUGH EMAIL OR MY DIRECT TELEPHONE LINE +27 83 982 1892. DON'T FORGET TO SEND ACROS TO ME YOUR PRIVATE PHONE AND FAX NUMBERS FOR EASY COMMUNICATION.

Date: 02 March 2004
Subject: Re: TRASACTION (CONTED)

Dear Mr Austin

I had a little troubles understanding your last message; I should explain that English is not my first language; do you speak Blikster? It would help greatly in our communication.

In any case, I think I grasped the most parts of it; you need me to travel to South Africa? I must say that this is a thrilling and joyous prospect, as I have always wanted to go there for the scenery as well as the wildlife, particularly (hopefully)pigeons. Do you have pigeons in South Africa? They are like small chickens. I have made them my life's work.

From now, please message me at [email protected] - I set this account up so that we can avoid the attention of my supervisor - we call him 'The General', but he is a horrible and frightening man, who only ever calls me to shout complaints on the telephone. He must not get a share in this money.

I already sent you my bank and contact details in my last email - did you not receive it?

Kind Greetings

Richard Dastardly Esq

PS: I feel as if I trust you well enough to drop the formalities - Please call me Dick (which is the shortened form of my name),

Date: 03 March 2004

Dear Mr. Dick,

Thanks for your email. Actually, this transaction requires you to come down to South Africa so that we can conclude everything and have the fund transferred into your oversea account like I told you. Now you are expected to start an immediate preparation to come down here as the transaction demands. Arrange your travel and send me your schedule so that I book a hotel reservation and send you details. I did not receive your bank account details. Could resend it again. I repeat, send me your private telephone and fax numbers so that I can give you oral information about everything. Call me on my direct telephone anytime.

regards,

Austin Wemba

Date: 03 March 2004

Dear Mr Austin

Many warmest hearty thanks for your recent reply; I am truly sorry that my details didn't seem to come across, I do not know what must have happened there; I am a little bit concerned about expressing my bank details out along the interweb, in case someone else is catching them. We should talk on the telephone and I will be able to recite the full details.

I shall urgently look at flight preparations today; will you meet me personally at the airport when I arrive? What airport should I try to fly to in South Africa? I'm afraid my geography is very poor, otherwise I would attempt to fly there in my own private aeroplane (I love to fly my plane - it is a magnificent machine that is equipped with a wide range of useful devices for every convenience - it is painted in a wonderful deep red colour and is the envy of all who see it.) - perhaps when our all of our business is concluded, you will be able to take advantage of your new-found wealth and travel here, where you would be my honoured guest.

How long do you suppose my visit to South Africa will last? - should I pack clothes for two weeks? Is there anything else that you think I should plan to bring with me? I do not suppose I will need a great of local currency, once the bank details are sorted out, will I?

Please telephone me on (09~091 +1) 818 954-6000
(NB: this is the number for Warner Bros Studios in California, of which Hanna Barbera cartoons, creator of the Dick Dastardly character, is a subsidiary) at your earliest convenience - this is my telephone at my place of work, so you will certainly have to ask the receptionist for me by name - Dick Dastardly (nobody calls me Richard here, as we are all very informal) - In respect of your request for utmost secrecy, I haven't told anyone about our deal, so if I am not available at the time of your call, please don't talk to anyone else about it; especially not my despicable and avaricious subordinate - Mr Mutley - I DO NOT want him included in our deal.

I am very excited about this now and I look forward to speaking with you and meeting you personally.

Sincerest regards

Dick Dastardly

Date: 04 March 2004

Dear Mr. Dick,

It was nice to read you mail which is delighting. Regarding your question on about duration of your stay and which airport to land. From my financial adviser, I was made to understand that you stay here will be for only three working days to conclude this transaction. Then Johannessburg international airport will is the ideal airport because the venue of the this transaction is there.

I tried to get in touch with you through the number you gave me, but there is no access. Could you please reconfirm to me your direct phone numbers to be able to speak to you. I was delighted to hear that you are keeping to the level of confidentiality that this transaction demands.

Make an urgent arrangement for your coming and give me your flight schedule so that I will book your hotel reservation before your arrival.

I look forward to meet you in person soonest,

warm regards.

Mr. Austin Wemba

Date: 04 March 2004

Dear Mr Austin

My heart leaped with joy to see your message in my mail box, but I am bitterly disappointed that you didn't manage to telephone me; I stayed at the office until 10:30pm waiting for your call, but nothing happened. Are you sure you did dial the number correctly? - It may be that I got the international access code wrong for calling out of your country; you need to dial whatever code necessary to call the United States, then 818 954-6000 - I will stay late tonight again in the hope that you can get through.

In any case, I have booked a flight for Wednesday of next week (10th March) - I will arrive on flight SA202 into Johannesburg at 3:30 in the afternoon. I know you said three days would be sufficient, but I have reserved to stay a whole week, in case there are any complications and to allow a little leisure time - I really do want to spend a little time taking in the scenery and looking at the local wildlife - but of course, I don't expect you to pay for my hotel accommodation for the extra days - I expect you will have planned a lot of things to do in those days, when you receive your inheritance.

It is really hard to keep from telling people about my good fortune with this transaction; I have never travelled abroad and one of my mothers is insanely curious about my movements for the next week, but she knows about my obsession with pigeons, so I have so far been able to excuse it as purely a leisure trip to see some birds, but still she required to be sedated before she would cease asking questions. I can't wait to see the look off her face when I come back as a multi millionaire!

Will you meet me at the airport when I arrive? It will be my first time in a foreign country and I am very uncertain as to where I must go. It would probably help if you could clearly write WAITING FOR DICK on a large piece of cardboard and hold this up at the arrivals gate when my flight comes in. How will I recognize you? It would help greatly if you could emailsend me a picture of yourself holding up the card, then I will be able to walk straight to you on my arrival without any embarrassment or confusion. I would also really look forward to seeing the face of the kind hearted man who is to be my financial saviour!

What anticipation I have, I can hardly contain myself. Tell me what other things you think I should bring - perhaps there is some gift that you or your family particularly would like? How much spending money will I need to keep us going until the bank transfer is actualized?

Your faithful friend and associate

Dick Dastardly

Date: 05 March 2004

Dear Mr Austin

I waited again yesterday night at my office for your call and it did not come. I stayed past the hour of midnight on this time and The General gave to regard me with much weariness.

You are still serious about this transaction, I hope, are you? I have already spent nearly a thousand currency units on plane tickets and travelling papers, which cannot be refunded. Please tell me you have not found another business partner as I am distraught beyond the point of physical pain.

I hope you will excuse my dark mood; I am very tired and the General is shouting on the telephone again - something about racing cars this time.

Yours in kindness

Dick Dastardly.

My Dearest Dick,

I am very, very sorry for not being able to contact you as promised due to my wrong code during dailing your number. however i am still and will remain working with you to conclude this project.
Every necessary arrangement towards a hitch free transaction is on place while awaiting for your arrival. i will try to call you again tonight south african time for further familiarazation.
nonetheless,i have intimated the finance house on our readiness to retrive the consignment box on your arrival and following that, they will issue to me before monday next week my detailed computation of security bill which i will inform you.
On the side of gifts, anything will be appreciated by us. i will also want you to arrange some valuable gifts for the security manager, his assistant and the secratery. if i may recommend, wrist watch to thank them for there services.
Coming to the airport to receive you on arrival would have being lovely but due to my status and the fact that i am keeping low profile here in SA to avoid being noticed by people from my country, i will arrange for our family driver to collect you from the airport on arrival. so what you will do on arrival is to call me on my direct line (083 982 1892)to confirm your arrival then i will arrange to pick you.
please, remain confidential as far as the project is concern.
i will book your hotel reservation and furnish you details before your departure.
thanks.

Austin Wemba.

Dear Mr Austin

It is overwhelming relief to hear from you again - I do not know why so, but I was overcome with fear that the deal might have fallen apart or that you must have sought another business partner with to help you with the transaction - I think maybe I should have put more trust in your integrity.

Of course I will arrange to get some nice watches for the people you mentioned - but you did not say whether the assistant and the secretary were men or ladies - but no matters, I have decide to buy of a pair of matching of ladies and of mens of watches for each of person, then they can give the other of watch to their wives or husbands, as appropriate - I thought possibly maybe perhaps the Omega Constellation Quadra Chronograph, or Speedmaster or something like that. I will, of course, get a pair of watches also for yourself, but in recognise of your special kindness to me in this transaction, I feel that would not be nearly enough - I will look around search for an extra special surprise gift for you additionally - are you interested in digital photographery and mobile computering at all?

I may not be able to stay late at the office tonight (Friday) to receive your call, as I have been asked to a dinner meal with Vulture Squadron (My flying club where I keep my private plane), so do not have worries if you cannot speak with me - also I do not intend to be at my place of work to the week-end, as I have some important shopping now to do for your gifts.

Cash money might have been a problem, but fortune has smiled upon our heads - it happens that I have been nominated as sole trustee of the prize fund for a forthcoming cross-country novelty vehicle race, organised by many of my associates - the prize fund consists of nearly forty thousand American dollars cash and is in a locked security deposit box to which I have unrestricted access - of course, I am not supposed to put my hands into the money for my private use, but I have already used some it to buy my air travel flight journey tickets and papers. The race does not start until three weeks time from now, so I will easily be able to replace the money from my own private fortune, which will be mine after we have concluded our transaction.

I am very concerned and frightened that, on my arriving as an unfamiliar traveller, with now carrying expensive good gift and money, in foreign land, that I might be attraction of attention from undesirable types, and my security might be at great risk. it would really set my mind at rest if you could send me photograph identification of your family driver, so that I can go straight to him without fear.
Would you do this one thing for me as a sign of our mutual trust and faith? As you probably know, I struggle much hard with this awful language of English and it would be of great huge comfort to be greeted in Blikster (my native tongue of speaking, as I said before) - in my language, the words 'waiting for Dick' are translated to ORI FICE FOR DICK - If I could just see photograph of you or your driver holding paper with these words, it would ensure my full reassurement and make for a comfortable week-end with no worry time. Can you find away to send this? I willl not feel very safe without it.

I will keep looking at my e mail box through the week-end, so do not be of concern if you have trouble of telephoning me.

Many warmest regards, my friend.

Your humble servant

Dick Dastardly.

Date: 06 March 2004

Attn : Mr. Dick,

I tried to call you yesterday night at about 7.30pm South African time and a lady responded and told me that I was calling a studio center, moreover they do not have any body that bear that name.

However, try to provide me your direct line to avoid all this embarrassment or in alternative, you can call me on my direct telephone line (+27 83 982 1892) because I believe that it is time we speak to each other orally concerning this transaction. I will book your hotel reservation tomorrow and send you the reservation number.

Waiting anxiously for your urgent response because I have passed a clearing notice to the finance house pending your arrival.

Kind regards,

Mr. Austin Wemba

Dear Mr Austin

What a day it has have been; a bitter mixing of joy and deep sorrow; first let me just say that I am happy to be report than I have procured some exceptionally fine gifts for you and associates; The jewellery store did not have sufficient stock of suitable of Omega of watches, so some of your friends will have to accept with of Tissot or of Cartier of items - I am sincerely hope that this will not cause dissatisfaction or bickering among themselves. I have chosen of a special selection of gifts of items for you personally, but I shall not say too much of these because I want it to be a special surprise joy when we meeting.

But it has been a sad day also; I returned home to learn of the sad death of my maternal aunt, Enema Morphy-Richards; the grand-daughter and last surviving descendant of great Osbert Morphy-Richards, inventor of the electric toaster. She will be deeply mourned by all, although she was over ninety years old, so I suppose it should not have been too large of shock. Still we miss her.
Obviously this has tumbled our household into somewhat chaos - today many of my extended family have visiting to pay their respects and every room is filled with weeping persons; obviously for this reason, it is neither convenient nor appropriate for me to telephone you at this time, and indeed privacy is not available, due to the large number of youths and children running about the place (these we have affectionately termed The Ant Hill Mob).
I shall continue to keep in great touch by with you of email though - I hope this is to be alright.

Please be assure though of my best intention to remain in trust and faith to our agreement - the funeral will have held on Monday and most of our guests will have departed before I have make my final preparations for flight journey on departure Tuesday. I am sad though that you have not yet send email me your photograph with comforting and reassuring words (Ori Fice For Dick) in my language as described - can you not do this one thing for me now as a sign of our trust?

Kindest and weary regards.

Dick Dastardly

Dear Mr Austin

I also mean to tell you that I cannot be sure what happened when you try to telephone - my place of work is not in a studio, but is a publishing house, making mostly books of erotic art, but because of my family's sad loss, I will not be return to work until after we are meeting in person.

I must go now to comfort my guests.

Kindly regards

Dick

Date: 08 March 2004

Dear Mr. Dick,

Firstly, I really sympatise with you for the daeth of your aunt Enema Morphy-Richards. I ask you to accept my condolence even though she was old, but death is always painful.

On the issue of gift items, I will say that whatever you bought from you heart will be appreciated because it is a gift, but my major concern is to have this clearred and transferred into your overseas account before you leave.

For the sake trust, I shall send to you my current asylum seeker temporary permit to enable you believe and understand my predicaments here as refugee, but I won't be coming to airport with the driver for security reasons. Like I told you when you arrive at the airport, there is a phone boot at the arrival hall. Walk in there and call me , I shall direct the driver to pick you because he will be there waiting for you.

I would want you send me your flight detail (e.g the airline you are coming with, your arrival time) so that I will make sure everything is in place before your arrival.

Hope to meet with you soonest,

my regards,

Mr. Austin Wemba

Dear Mr Austin

Thank you much for your kind words of condolence; it means a lot to me - more than you can imagine - to read them, All is well, but I am emotionally drained.

I did send already my flight details, but here again they are: I shall be arrive on flight SA202 in Johannesburg at half past three in the afternoon.

I am partly confused about you say about transferring - you want me to send the gift items by courier instead of bring them in person as I planned? - Please clarify?

My apologies again for the lack of understanding - I have some struggle to read English.

Many kindest regards

Dick Dastardly

Subject: Final round up!!!

Attn: Mr. Dick,

Compliment of the day, I have concluded every arrangement from my side. Firstly, I have booked a reservation for three nights at Holiday Inn Express hotel Johannesburg with telephone number +27 11 622 00600 and reservation numbers 5B9FQ.

Our family driver will pick you on your arrival to your hotel room, Please try to call me on your arrival so that I will instruct the driver to come straight to you.

Nonetheless, I have also recieved a details computation from the security company where the consignment box is deposited and the summary sums to US$9,650.20. This amount has to be paid before collection of the consignment box from their custody. But already I have contacted the ex-financial director who will assist us for a hitch free transfer from the bank here. He has assured me that he will make the money available for on your arrival to settle the payment.

Meanwhile, he advised that I should inform you of the requirements to open a NON-RESIDENT ACCOUNT in South Africa.
1.You will bring two passport photographs
2. Your international passport copy
3. Money not less than US$3,000.00 to open and activate the account into where the said money will be deposited for onwards transfer.

Please my brother, try to come with the requirements as stated above to ensure no delay on your arrival. You can even call the ex-financial director on your arrival to his direct line (083 362 6365) Name is Mr. Donald Sylvester.

Remember the gift items. The manager is a white man, his assistant is also a man and the secretary is a lady.

I wish you safe journey to SA.

regards,

NB: For the photo, I am un-able to send it through attachment because I don't have access to scanner. Can you provide me a fax number to send it.

Subject: Re: Final round up!!!

Dear Mr Austin

Much thanks for the reservation of hotel - I will appreciate it. I have much worry that I will be attacked or troubled by menacing strangers in the airport on arrive, as I will carry much value of items on my person - It has been told to me that Africa is some times a place of dangerous people, How can I recognize your driver?

I am partly confused about the amounts of $US$9,650.20 and $US$3,000.00 as you have not mention these before - which part do I have to pay? Is it both? I have a small amount over han cash $US$10,000 left of from the money I borrowed from the Wacky Race Prize fund (after I was shopping for gift items), but also I would withdraw a part of my own savings to add to cash to this amount if it could smooth the transaction. I think $US$5,000 is the limit I can take out in a one day. Should I do that?

I tried to call you on the telephone number you email sent to me before, but there was always just the beip-beip-beip sound that I cannot understand. I will bring with all me my bank documents and identifications in order that we may start accounts - I hope this was what you have told me.

I have very much worry now for that my safety on arrival. Please, for the sake of faith and for my peace in mind, can you try to get a way to send photograph of your driver, the man who will meet me, holding the card with Blikster words 'Ori Fice For Dick', so that I can sleep without great fear of stranger abduction in the airport - I will not be able to go with any person, into any car, for fear, unless I can have looked and reconigzed him already, by face and words. Please must you do this for me. Thank you. But I have no fax machines at my home.

I have of each of ladies and of mens of watches pairs for each of your associates, so that they can make a gift also to wives or husbands, so there is no problem with that.

I look forward to our meeting.

Warm Regards

Dick Dastardly

Date: 09 March 2004
Subject: Final round up!!!

My dearest Dick,

Concerning your worry about your safety on your arrival. I would want to understand that South Africa is one of the country's in Africa with good security nation wide due to their good and stable government. I am giving you the assurance that no body is going to touch you under the Surveillance of their well trained securities. The reason for not using a play card as you suggested is to avoid publicity. I will try to go Johannesburg center to send my picture via email scanning so that your mind will be at rest.

On the issue of money.US$9,650.20 is the computation summary clearing bill from the security company. My ex-financial director assured is going to give me the money to offset the bill at the security company while US$3,000.00 is the money you are required to bring to open and activate the NON-RESIDENT ACCOUNT you shall open here on your name where the said fund will be deposited for onward transfer to your overseas account. So I believe that US$5,000.00 which you said you got will be okay to take care of everything.

Don't forget to call either me on (083 982 1892) or Mr. Donald Sylvester (083 362 6365) when you arrive Johannesburg airport. Lastly, never disclose your mission to anybody even at the airport for confidentiality purpose. Dick, your safety is guarrantee because you should know that if you are not safe, How do I actualize this project.

Hoping to see you face to face tomorrow, have a nice filght to SA.

kind regards,

Mr. Austin Wemba.

Date: 09 March 2004
Subject: Re: Final round up!!!

Dear Mr Austin

Thank you for your kind reassurances, but must you understand that this is my first time of international travel since I leave the country of my birth as a small tiny child. And I am much apprehensive of public spaces and people of whom I do not know. It is absolutely required that you can send me photograph of yourself or your driver holding paper with the words of greeting as I asked. I know my fears may must seem foolish to yourself, but it is very real to me and I tremble.

I am partly relieved that only I must bring the smaller amount of cash money - it was that I planned to bring $US$10,000 from the Wacky Races Prize fund and $US$5,000 from my personal own saving account, but if you say that I will not need the more money, I can leave behind the $US$10,000 in the safe deposit box - shall I do this?

It is hope that you will excuse my fears and troubles again, but do not please forget the photograph with words - I will check again my email later today before the flight journey departure.

Warm regards

Dick Dastardly.

Date: 10 March 2004
Subject: Awaiting your arrival!!!

Dear Mr. Dick,

Thanks for your message. I will try to send you my picture as requested, the driver will be at the airport waiting for you. It is much easier to connect him through phone as I suggested.

Call me or the ex-financial director on arrival and the driver will be instructed to meet you immediately.

For the money you are talking about, It is not needed, you can only come with the US$5,000.00 as you mentioned for account opening / activation.

Call me as soon as you arrive on (083 982 1892) direct.

Awaiting to recieve you upon your arrival.

regards,

Mr. Austin Wemba.

Date: 10 March 2004
Subject: Re: Awaiting your arrival!!!

Dear Mr Austin

What to tell you? I do not know; the flight journey has so far been both difficult and impossible. The airplane on the second limb of flight journey was much troubled by weather and many passengers were of extreme sickness, but in the cloud also one of the jet engines was made to stop by filled with ice intrusion and the flying could not continue properly.

The commander was made a special difficult landing in a different place by necessity and this place was also Lagos, which also is in Nigeria. The flight travel company was of apology and made arrangement for hotel accomodation of me here, as well as for the compensation of soiled clothes. I am much shaken about with great weariness. It was terrible and awful. There is also today having been a large and terrible fire here in this city (though not at the place of my hotel), so the world seems like upside-down.

Onward flight journey travel will have arranged in short times at my selection, it is promised, however, rest here will perhaps possibly require to remove my now terror of the flying travel. Airport at Lagos also was a frightening and difficult place. As I walked out of the room on my legs, a man of whom I do not know tried to take away my bags from me and threw me on the ground, but he went away without holding any of my properties. I shall wish to be recovered before I must desire to go again into that place.

I am deeply sorry for this trouble, but I cannot alter it. Sorry also for the difficulty of English - they have not even the helper of language program here at the computer of the hotel, just have the helper of word spells.

I will need sleep now so tomorrow to email contact you again from this place in the morning.

Warm regards
Richard Dastardly

Date: 11 March 2004
Subject: Re: Awaiting your arrival!!!

Dear Mr Austin

I am sorry for the way of my messages that I email send you yesterday night - it was indeed a great terrible day and I was felt lucky to be living still, but also very frightened and terror about the bad things that have happen.

Today morning is the sun shine and blue of sky and I was sleeping very good with great rest, so everything does seem not to be as bad. I still have the very fear of people and flying travel, but already also it is get better a little. I will stay here though until you can send email of me your photograph as I ask.

Today is Lagos seem to be after alll a very nice place with also many things with to look for and also I notice many pigeons, which I love. After eating food I will go out of the room for the walk of looking about.

Warm regards
Dick Dastardly

Subject: What is your story now?

Dear Mr. Dick,

I don't believe what you are telling me , The flight SA202 arrived JHB at 15.19 yesterday and I confirmed it with the airport.
How did you get self in Nigeria? What is your story all about now?

thanks,

austin

Subject: Re: What is your story now?

Dear Mr Austin

There has been much of confusion - when the change of flight in NYC, there was the problem of too many persons for the seats having been sold and therefore I was asked to be remove from onward flight SA202 and be waiting in order to be paid money or having the movement to better kind of seat - this was not choice of mine, as too many people for the flight had been given ticket.

As I am saying in my email of yesterday, the later flight journey from NYC in towards Johannesburg was much troubled by weather and was made a special difficult landing by necessity in Lagos.

There already has been too much trouble with this journey and still the great fear I have. Perhaps possibly I should simply return to my home, making also to forget all of the ideas as I feel maybe perhaps your kindness is too much abused.

Regards
Dick Dastardly

Date: 12 March 2004
Subject: What must I do now?

Dear Mr Austin

Please tell me what should I do now? Are you still want to be going forward with the transaction? I cannot stay in Lagos here for too many days.

Regards
Dick Dastardly

Date: 12 March 2004
Subject: Please send emails!

Dear Mr Austin

Please tell me what should I do - are you still want me to be going onward with the transaction?

Date: 13 March 2004
Subject: Reconfirm your ticket and come down here

Dear Mr. Dick,

I would have you understand that this transaction requires poeple who are capable and matured to be able to handle it. I don't know perhaps, you think this is a joke. If you really want to execute this business with me then, don't hesistate to reconfirm your ticket and fly down to South Africa to meet. I don'y know if you are serious or not because how can you prepare from your country to fly down to South Africa so the cause of this transaction and you are telling me that you in Lagos, for what? I seems that you not the serious type.

Tell me when you are coming and when you arrive here, you should follow the instrustion I have passed to you. Call me upon your arrival and my driver will be there to pick you up
final.

Hope you will understand my stand. If you did not arrive here before the middle of next week then I will assume that you are not serious.

regards,

Mr. Austin Wemba

Date: 13 March 2004
Subject: Re: Reconfirm your ticket and come down here

Dear Mr Austin

I cannot be understanding your hard way of talking about this - As I am telling you, it is having had been a terrible journey travel for me in these last week - I am having had enough troubles in this week of days to last me seven life times. Are you not being understand? On the flight journey that was made a special difficult landing in Lagos, I was feared for my life and I am still not all recover.
I have not choice to be here. I was having suppose to land in Johannesburg.

I am not wish to be calling of rude, but I wonder if maybe perhaps you are one who might not being serious about the transaction - how many times you have promise to email send your photograph? And still yet is not here. Perhaps maybe how can I trust you?

Here attach is photograph I am email send myself with George,
(Actually a photo helpfully provided by someone else on the Straight Dope Message Board) who is Lagos tour guide local - he is having tell me many good places to find pigeons.

It is pass midnight here in now and tomorrow Sunday, but I will try booking of flight for as soon possible.

Regards
Dick Dastardly

He stopped responding after this; I opened another account and emailed him as Penelope Pitstop, claiming that her beloved Richard had gone missing, I even had Penelope fly out to Nigeria, to discover the details of Dick's email account and that Dick had been kidnapped - the ransom demand would require her to complete the transaction with Wemba on Dick's behalf, but he wouldn't bite - ah well, at least I made him waste some money on international phone calls and I think he probably did hang around at the airport, despite saying that he wouldn't be there.

I contacted Yahoo and had them shut down his account, but I don't imagine it will cause him much inconvenience (unless he was halfway through negotiations with another mark).
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very very promising start indeed. My only wish is that you got a photo of him holding your 'dick' sign Smile Other than that I can safely say you will fit in here very nicely!

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Mangetout

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah; he was pretty much determined to resist sending a photo - I think I played the game a little too fast this time, but I'm learning...

I get up to a dozen 419 emails per week at work, so there's plenty of fodder - My next one, if it comes off to plan (which is a novel idea based on a suggestion I received), should be truly stunning, but more details of that as it develops.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic