SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fastest bait in the west...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
iwatch75

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This was basically my first scam. I have been at it since I saw your website 3 days ago. This was one of my first baits, and although it was kinda fast, it was fun.

Note: The Lad in quesiton made the ultimate schoolboy error. He put the list he was sending the letter to in the CC box on his mailer - not BCC! Result? Well... take a look:

paul smith <[email protected]> wrote:
3/09/05
Good day,
I am Mr. Paul Smith,the owner of Quest and co Ltd I am a business
man who deal on raw materials and export of goods into
Canada,America/europe. My company is searching for representatives who can help us
establish a medium of getting to our customers in America/europe as well as
making payments through you to us.
Please if you are interested in transacting business with us I will
be very glad. Please contact us Subject to your satisfaction you will
be given the opportunity to negotiate your mode of which we will pay
for your services as our representative in America/europe.
If you are interested I want you to contact me through my direct
e-mail [email protected] so I can give you more details about us.
I will be very glad to hear from you,thank you and have a nice day.
Best regards.
Mr. Paul Smith.

Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:10:20 +0100 (BST)
From: "quentin wallace" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: Foreign Representatives Need
To: "paul smith" <[email protected]>
CC: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Txxxxxxxx.com, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Dear everyone on this scammers list.

I am sure most of you are aware of this, but I just want to make sure that this idiot criminal does not take any of you in. This type of mail is a version of the well known 419 scam. It is called 419 because that is the Nigerian penal code for mail fraud.

It works like this: Our friend Paul Smith will offer you a big favour - money or goods or opportunities or something, often they pose as needing your help to clear large amounts of money out of their country (as in this case).

Mr. Smith will send you any proof of ID you request - driving license, passport, ownership documents etc. because he is part of a well organised criminal gang who can fake documents. The documents are, in fact, very inferior forgeries, but how many of us are sophisticated enough to spot that an e-mailed image of a false Nigerian ID is not genuine.

Anyway, further down the line, you will have to jump through a few hoops, sign a bunch of documents etc. and these are all meant to get you impatient. THEN, they will ask you for some money or gifts to be sent over to help facilitate the transfer. If you send them any money, they will take it and disappear. If you don't believe me, type '419 scam' into google and check out the pages devoted to this.

If any of you fancy having a crack at a fun new internet sport, type in '419 scam baiter' to google and look through. If you wonder why we go baiting for them, as far as I am concerned this is worth it. 419 is a MAJOR business in Nigeria and dupes people every year. There have even been instances where scammers have gotten people to fly to another country with cash, then robbed and killed them. I just enjoy messing with criminals secure in the knowledge they can never ever find me, and that I am genuinely disrupting their business.

And, of course, if you are going to start scamming, get a fake e-mail address (like this one - my name is really not Quentin Wallace etc...) and never, ever, ever give any real information out about yourself to the scammer.

To the criminal disastermind behind this: you stupid MUGU - you put the entire target list in the CC box, so I can reply to the entire list. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! You really are too dumb to get into this. Why not try better work instead of trying to get something for nothing!

I fucked you my brother! I call this the fastest bait in the west. Tee hee!!!
xx
[/b]
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

iwatch75 wrote:
To the criminal disastermind behind this: you stupid MUGU - you put the entire target list in the CC box, so I can reply to the entire list. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! You really are too dumb to get into this.

Well, you certainly helped him to scam more efficiently next time.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
spot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe should open a new forum dedicated to giving NOOBIE MUGUS hints and tips

What should we call it? ...... Lads On Line? LOL Very Happy

iwatch75

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[/quote]Well, you certainly helped him to scam more efficiently next time.

I did think about that, but chose to send something warning the rest of the list instead, since the opportunity arose. I have had one of those e-mails from a scam patrol service, and they seemed to think that people do not take the warnings seriously, so I reckoned that including the Lad in the reply would give it more weight.

And I know these guys are pretty daft, but I'm sure he would have worked that one out without my help...
Hudson
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to do that next time, I'd send him a seperate email letting him know what you've done as opposed to explaining your whole MO to him as well as ways to find out more info.

Though that's not to say he hadn't already done that, or doesn't really care.

** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Two things:
Firstly, how do you know he noticed that he had put the list in CC not BCC? If he hadn't noticed, your email will make him very careful about watching that in the future. i.e. you helped him out.
Secondly, what if that email goes to some old lady or something? Do you think they would appreciate reading
Quote:
I fucked you my brother!
Personally, if I received this email, I'd listen for the first bit, and as soon as I got to the end, I'd think you were just someone playing a joke.
I would go with Hudson's advice and send the profanities to your lad in a seperate email. Or not at all. Don't help them any more than you absolutely have to!
BB

WORTHY PERSON - Kerry Williams (He clearly doesn't know me....!!)
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. A good thread for what to do with possible victim addresses is here

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic