SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sad story of a real scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Paul_Mapud
Not quite a Newb

Location: SoCal [GMT-8], and loathing it, thank you very much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

J. Dog wrote:
How can any rational person not accept an argument for a lethal injection for these predators?

Sorry, but I don't agree with that.

Mugus do not deserve lethal injection, firing squad, the electric chair, or hanging.

Being dipped into boiling oil at a rate of an inch an hour--maybe.

Skin removed with sandpaper dipped in salt-water or lemon juice--okay.

Each of their joints bent backwards until they snap, one by one--yeah, I'm cool with that.

Slowly roasted to death at low temperature (low for cooking, that is) over the course of days, while being kept just hydrated enough to prevent premature expiration--sounds good.

Belly slit open, starving, angry, crackhead rats stuffed inside, incision closed or covered, and HCl or H2SO4 poured over their bodies--now that's what I'm talking about.

Of course, all of those would be brodcast internationally, and would have the mugu surrounded by people laughing, taunting, celebrating, humiliating the piece of shit.

Jien-Yu Hui
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

two points:
Quote:
Only an idiot would believe that these con artists should be pitied or that we should look at their poverty and feel pity or try to understand.

One minor error J.Dog - You definately should try to understand. If a researcher is trying to cure a disease he/she tries first to understand the life-cycle of the pathogen. This doesn't mean he/she is barracking for the wrong side. Being angry at the disease or feeling emotional about it is human nature but it can sometimes be counter-productive. 419 is a disease. Think of it that way.

Sure, if I was alone in a room with that guy and I had a crowbar, he probably wouldn't be looking too pretty by the end of it. But I wouldn't be fooling myself that I was doing much about the problem any more than the action of swatting one mosquito does about malaria. The best thing that can be done about malaria is to removing all the discarded tyres around tropical cities that collect still water, where the mosquito lavae mature. So where do 419er larvae mature and what do they feed on? Answer is magas. The most effective way to stop it? Educate people about fraud until their food-source dries up and they starve away.

Ask a 419er what is the biggest threat they face and they won't think "jail", or "getting beaten up by someone on shiver's board" Smile they'll think "the magas are getting fewer and fewer these days".

Don't flame me please, I'm just as pissed off about this as you.

Fake banks canned: Spain Spain Netherlands Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Canada United States Nigeria Mynamar Flag China China China South Africa Mortar x2
Hey! My name is "Scooby" not "Scoopy". Scoopy Doo is what Shaggy has to do sometimes when we go to the park
Paul_Mapud
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Jen Yu Hui's point that the most effective route would be to attack this malignant, cancerous, festering disease at its source. However, I, and most people here, I'd guess, lack the knowledge and resources to do so. So we do the best we can. We target the disgusting, oozing boils (the mugus) taht are the symptoms of the disease.

Of course, it is good to try to understand the enemy.

Khaan
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just read the final part of the exchange. This is awful. Sad

I hope some of the more experienced baiters gather around and do a "Omar" on his ass. No jokes, no funny names, just trying your best to completelly rot his life.

Don't forget to visit 419 S-C-A-M: Scamming Con-Artistic Mugus http://www.freewebs.com/419scam/index.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
just trying your best to completelly rot his life.

From the inside out. Evil or Very Mad
Nightflyer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I set here and read the entire thing and as someone else stated it was like watching a car crash in slow motion. I had a sick feeling afterwards and and at the same time highly pissed off.
I would hope that this sorry f*ucking slime ball scammer gets whats coming to him and soon.
May he die a thousand deaths and each one be worse then the last

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I felt sick reading through that correspondence. These scumbags have no morals, no ethics, no feelings for their fellow man. How the hell can they sleep at night? Total trash!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
komsomol
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many people have dropped me a PM that Monica's telephone number has been left in the correspondence. I appreciate these notes very much, thank you for taking care for her privacy. The number was actually scrambled by me previously, so it wasn't actually hers. But due to the obvious irritation it has caused, I have replaced it with '11111111111111' now.
BulgingBlueVein
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

truly a sad story.

Far out! this should be published far and wide.

once I have proof read the full bait again, and the few instances of monica's email address have been removed, I will spread that URL far and wide for all to read.

I could not bring myself to read it all, but read the first 20 or so messages and then skipped to the bottom and read approx 10 msgs before you alerting her.

I for one will be stepping up my effort on the F&&&ers. I will be taking it out on my current pets big time.

Sh!t, just reading the bits I did brought a tear to my eye. Words cannot express how I feel towards this scammer and ALL scammers after reading.

Can someone make this a sticky! I really would like all that browse this site to read that sad story, then they will better understand why we do what we do.....

This is now a sticky - (Nigerian 419)

abu ahmed [email protected] said YOU ARE A STUPID AND IN RESPONSIBLE ELEMENT. GO TO HELL AND SUCK THE DEVIL ASS.
Millsea
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scum. Pure scum.

Good work komsomol. You penetrated this poor woman's hell and saved her from it. That makes you a hero, whether you like it or not.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been sharing that link. It's important that everyone read that exchange.

That Mu-F--kingGu deserves not to die, but to live in such agony that he wishes for a death that never comes...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

And I consider myself a Christian and I think that thought.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If a researcher is trying to cure a disease he/she tries first to understand the life-cycle of the pathogen. This doesn't mean he/she is barracking for the wrong side. Being angry at the disease or feeling emotional about it is human nature but it can sometimes be counter-productive. 419 is a disease. Think of it that way.

I respectfully disagree with my colleague on this point. I think the analogy is incorrect. The precedent I cite is the Nazis after 1938. There was no need to isolate and study them. There was a need to systematically destroy their growing war machine and crimes against humanity. What was there to understand about Hitler?

419 is not a disease; it is a crime against humanity wherein people's lives are destroyed. The governmental corruption endemic to the nations of Africa is known and documented. The root causes of poverty are understood and yet we cannot accept the moral calculus which argues that poverty excuses criminality if we believe that no one, not even the leaders of sovereign nations, should be above the law.

I use an American analogy of the Wild West. American settlers in the Wild West wanted peace and order and yet there were robbers, bandits, extortionists, and corrupt politicians. The law was powerless before these rapacious, armed criminal bands. So the ordinary people -- farmers, bankers, merchants, teachers, widows, organized as vigilantes and held "necktie parties" when they caught one of these criminals. A forty year battle from the period 1850-1890 was waged in the Western US against lawlessness. As the law gained power, vigilanteeism was outlawed.
Were the vigilante excesses? Of course. But the US government turned a blind eye to vigilanteeism because it recognized it needed armed citizens to help extablish the Western territories.

We, as internet vigilantes, do not hang people. But we do impede their progress. We are a quasi-organized band dedicated to fighting 419 crime in the Wild West that is the internet. The internet is such a huge sewer that honest people are needed to go out into the darkness and do battle with the incipient sewer rats. Where does compassion fit in? It applies to the victims. The lads, with their 1,000,000 man hours per day make our efforts look insignificant. But someone somewhere needs to fight and that is us.

People with moral qualms will have to wrestle with their qualms. I do not despise anyone for having considerations or ethical conflicts. As one fully realizes what scambaiting is and what they are doing there is a natural confrontation with self and a questioning of the validity and value of scambaiting. There is a psychological price on has to pay for it can be depressing to witness the onslaught of internet crime up close and personal and realize that one's efforts are relatively meaningless when we consider the enormity of the enemy we oppose.

However, if we do nothing else except raise public awareness of the 419 fraud, if we entertain and expose, then we have at least accompished something meaningful.

I believe it is wrong to flame someone for having an unpopular opinion. We should remain unified and not allow an unpopular opinion to drive a wedge into our unity. If we allow for unpopular opinions to be expressed, then we are defenders of free speech and not angry censors.
Millsea
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
We, as internet vigilantes, do not hang people. But we do impede their progress. We are a quasi-organized band dedicated to fighting 419 crime in the Wild West that is the internet

To continue and re-use your analogy - are we a vigilante group, disenchantised with the lawmakers that we resort to our own methods of "justice"?

Only we impede (kidnap/imprison?) those we feel are not brought to feel the weight of our version of justice upon them.

(I'm simply playing devil's advocate here)
Dr. Max Wieldruk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The correspondence between Monica Hoving and this Mr Koffi Ali is absolutely nauseating. It's easy to tell she's a single mother on social security, with 809 euros a month (and the rent to pay, and the gas and electricity bills, and what not...) one of the poorest groups in the Netherlands. Being defrauded of 1500 euros must have left her and her children absolutely destitute-probably for years to come. But the filthy rats just kept on coming back for money.

There is a lot of humor on this site and in this forum, but this sort of thing shows the true face of 419 fraud. I'm more or less lost for words after reading Monica's story.

Komsomol, excellent work. I take my hat off for you.

Dr. Max

- What happen because we where at the Airport to pick you up as we schadule but we could not found you. (Evans William)

Netherlands 2x| Safari 1x, Amsterdam-Delfzijl, 250 km Mortar x12
komsomol
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

millsee wrote:
Good work komsomol. You penetrated this poor woman's hell and saved her from it. That makes you a hero, whether you like it or not.

No, no, stop that. This is not my person in focus, and I don't want to get there. I hardly even exist. It's not my person who warned her, it was the idea - some might be tempted to say the "spirit" - of this group. I'm just contributing my labour to this idea, that's it. Any of you would have done that, and there is nothing brave about it. This is the only consequent step you can do if you are dedicated to scambaiting... or... scambusting. Just like if you see an injured person lying on the street, you just cannot walk away, you MUST help. And if you do, you are not a hero. It's your duty what you did.
Old Coaster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nicely put Komsomol. The important thing is that if we see a scam like this in progress, we should advise the victim. If occasionally the victim does not appreciate our efforts, so be it, but we must continue to warn them.

United Kingdom Nigeria United Kingdom Spain
Tor
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Two thumbs up from me Komsomol... would have been more if I had more hands. Yes, she might have lost a lot, but you stopped her from loosing everything.

As for the scammer... I get this strong urge to grab my serviceweapon (a nice, handy MP5A2), fill the magasines and go 'have a talk' with him... the last talk he ever have with anyone.

I'll redouble my efforts at baiting this scum. That I can promise y'all.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/won_tolla_1973/tranlation.htm">My interview with Aftenposten.</a>
Paul_Mapud
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tor wrote:
As for the scammer... I get this strong urge to grab my serviceweapon (a nice, handy MP5A2), fill the magasines and go 'have a talk' with him... the last talk he ever have with anyone.

Just make sure the talk starts at the feet, then works its way up to the shins, knees, thighs, nads, then go to work on the arms.

babe_in_muguland
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

from BBV:
Quote:
I could not bring myself to read it all, but read the first 20 or so messages and then skipped to the bottom and read approx 10 msgs before you alerting her.

The best way to read it is to read down for Monica's replies and then read the first few lines that follow from the scammer. A lot of the Bank's as well as the scammer's comments are from the usual scripts. They are repetitive and can easily be skipped over.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
To continue and re-use your analogy - are we a vigilante group, disenchantised with the lawmakers that we resort to our own methods of "justice"?

Only we impede (kidnap/imprison?) those we feel are not brought to feel the weight of our version of justice upon them.

(I'm simply playing devil's advocate here)

First, we do not kidnap or imprison people as we lack legal authority. I do not understand what you are saying in this regard.

Second, our version of justice is a non-violent civil uprising against criminals. What we are doing is not illegal. If I am contacted by a criminal I am free to respond in a deceptive and misleading manner in order to confuse and dilute the efforst of a criminal.

Third, there is a doorway here. You can leave anytime you want. I do not say this in an insulting manner. Rather, I say it to indicate that a person does not have to scambait. There is no compulsion. If you are conflicted then cease and desist. You can scambait or not. It is that simple.

If you scambait then you should scambait without reservations. If you have reservations you should either resolve them or quit scambaiting. I see no room for conflict in a voluntary circumstance: You're either in or out. Where is the difficulty? Walk away of you have a problem.
nevertrustahippy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
No, no, stop that. This is not my person in focus, and I don't want to get there. I hardly even exist. It's not my person who warned her, it was the idea - some might be tempted to say the "spirit" - of this group.

I think you understate your part in this particular situation. In terms of the differance made to Monica's life, your actions have been the primary contributer to her being better off and the scammer getting away with less than he would of otherwise.

Good work, Komosol.
Millsea
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

komsomol wrote:
millsee wrote:

No, no, stop that. This is not my person in focus, and I don't want to get there. I hardly even exist. It's not my person who warned her, it was the idea - some might be tempted to say the "spirit" - of this group. I'm just contributing my labour to this idea, that's it. Any of you would have done that, and there is nothing brave about it. This is the only consequent step you can do if you are dedicated to scambaiting... or... scambusting. Just like if you see an injured person lying on the street, you just cannot walk away, you MUST help. And if you do, you are not a hero. It's your duty what you did.

I'm sorry komsomol. But you must take plaudits here. For centuries society has revered and idolized extraordinary individuals called heroes.

They are often subject to stereotypes and misinterpretations, many of these heroes are archetypal - legends who bravely risked their lives while conquering some inconceivable obstacle.

Now, we should break this archetypal mould as we learn about and discover heroes of the twenty-first century: role models who serve as an inspiration to others and make a difference in society. Although heroism is subject to various interpretations, heroism is not simply about death defying feats, but is about making a positive difference and improving lives.

You did what was right. In the face of danger (as controllable as it may be), that is heroism.

Well Done. I bow down to you.
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

komsomol wrote:
millsee wrote:

No one here thinks you are blowing your own trumpet by posting that information. I know you don�t want to take credit for your actions but the fact remains that I and many others feel you have done good work here and you deserve the plaudits given.

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
komsomol
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Embarassed I'm embarrassed. Once again, for the last time. What I have done, is right - I have no doubts about it. But it is a normal and logical consequence of the actions we all do here. I was in the situation to warn someone, so I did. No big deal. You all would have done the same. Don't magnify my action, because then you all miss the point. There is no difference in my reaction whether the victim is in such a desperate situation like Monica or if he/she is very well off and has just lost 5 cents. I warn them all. This is heartbreaking what has happened to her, but it has nothing to do with my actions.

And most importantly, it is unjust to call me a hero disregarding the fact that there are quite a lot of fellows among us who do and did such warnings on a daily routine, a hundred times more often and better then I did. This was my first warning ever and I cannot do anything for or against it that it was Monica whom I stumbled into. So skip it now, PLEASE!
Fred Flintstone
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fred is happily skipping along. Very Happy

Member of Flashmob Number 1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic