SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My First YIM Bait: Windy Tom's Phones - Safari to Abuja

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jwalker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah the lad (or someone for the lad) has photoshopped this. Check out the invoice number - it just one on from the orginal invoice number. If he'd ripped this out of the same book the orginal invoice came out of you'd expect all the invoices in the book to be the same, but this one has subtle differents like the currency and the way that the invoice number has been embossed.

The other thing which suggests that it been photoshopped is that the text has obvious been added on using a photoshop program, now if we are to believe this was a paper invoice how'd he do that? Unless he scanned a blank invoice and then added the details, but if he's done this then the blank invoice can be reused and surely this consistutes fraud? Surely the invoice should have been hand-written or typed on using a typewriter Sorry Mik this looks dodgy! He wouldn't be trying to pull a fast one would he?!? Shocked

Very Bad Hosting | Scampatrol | Click here to support 419Eater.com

United Kingdom x1 Ireland x1 Netherlands x1 Canada x1 Togo x1
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a great bait. The invoice was a great touch and it's amazing how long you've strung it out.

Are these kind of chat mugus common? I've never had one of them try and sell me something before.

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
jwalker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YIM mugus tend to want to 'purchase' things rather than 'sell' them. But they will generally adapt to sell stuff if you've got nothing to purchase.

YIM lads are generally easier to wind up that the sort of lad that responds through email. Not sure why, maybe its because it in real time and the messages you send them are short and sweet so they are more likely to read them instead of them quickly scan reading an email before they send off that next scripted reply. Also because there are no scripted replies it much easier to throw them off the trail onto a subject that is not related to the 'business'. Homosexuality seems to a favourite that just crops up time and time again.

Very Bad Hosting | Scampatrol | Click here to support 419Eater.com

United Kingdom x1 Ireland x1 Netherlands x1 Canada x1 Togo x1
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jaywaker:

What? Do you think windy is trying to take advantage of poor Mik Shocked
In my book, if a lad takes the time and effort to photoshop something for e then far be it for me to challenge him on that. Especialy if there are more hurdles to pass.

Battery:
Thanks for the compliment. But this is nothing. I've got a "Chineese" lad trying to get money out of me for over a year now. You'd be amazed how long you can keep a straight bait going. Wink Jaywalker has one for even longer.

And now off to YIM to find Windy and take him to the next level (I hope) Smile

Are you sure you are of a sound mind.maybe you are not well in your brain hence you are deviating from the topic of claiming your money.i give you two days to send the money or i will put a case against you with FBI on your neck.- Barr.Mrs Mariam Yameogo

A THIEF CAN NOT RECOMEND ANY BETTER THAN ANOTHER THIEF,IT THAT CLEAR. - Chon Chin

United KingdomUnited KingdomSwitzerland
Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got the lad on YIM:

Quote:
Mik Cisco: Tom are you still there
Windy Tom: ya
Mik Cisco: thank you for the invoice
Windy Tom: it's ok
Mik Cisco: There is a small problem though
Mik Cisco: My wife who is my business partner also needs to countersign the cheque
Windy Tom: ok
Mik Cisco: that is the other reason that I needed an invoice
Windy Tom: how long will that take u
Mik Cisco: well I showed her the invoice and she is still having doubts
Windy Tom: how
Mik Cisco: I have her here as I want her to talk to you
Mik Cisco: to prove to her you are genuine
Mik Cisco: will you talk to her
Windy Tom: sure
Mik Cisco: Thank you tom. This is Shebang my wife
Windy Tom: hi
Mik Cisco: Hello Tom
Windy Tom: am ok and u
Mik Cisco: I am fine. My husband Mik is telling me that you are selling us some phones
Windy Tom: yes
Windy Tom: have sent the invoice to him
Mik Cisco: But I'm having a hard time believing that he is getting them from a shop in Nigeria
Windy Tom: it's a private company
Mik Cisco: but how can you sell them for such a low price?
Windy Tom: the name of the company is shown on the invoice
Mik Cisco: My question is how can you sell them for such a low price
Windy Tom: we are looking for customer
Mik Cisco: I'm glad you are. So are we
Mik Cisco: And at such a price I know we will find them
Mik Cisco: Tom
Windy Tom: am here
Mik Cisco: What kind of business are you?
Windy Tom: i don't understand
Mik Cisco: are you a sales shop or are you a distributor?
Windy Tom: am a sales representive
Mik Cisco: That is not my question
Mik Cisco: Is there a store
Windy Tom: yes
Windy Tom: we have a store
Mik Cisco: So there is a store that says Capitol Computer?
Mik Cisco: Well is there?
Windy Tom: that's is the name of the company
Mik Cisco: I need some proof that your company exists before I will countersing the cheque
Mik Cisco: Can you give me some proof?
Windy Tom: like what
Windy Tom: it exist
Mik Cisco: Like can you send me a picture of your store?
Windy Tom: why not
Mik Cisco: is that yes?
Windy Tom: i mean i can do that
Mik Cisco: That is fine
Windy Tom: but u ve the address and the phone number with you
Mik Cisco: I know but I want to make sure that we are dealing with the right people.
Mik Cisco: In fact what I really want is you to stand in front of your store and show me one of the phones you want to sell us
Mik Cisco: No funny business now?
Windy Tom: i know i you feel
Windy Tom: but we're not the type
Mik Cisco: I hope you are not
Windy Tom: yes we're not
Mik Cisco: So to prove it will you send me a picture of you in front of your store holding one of the phones?
Windy Tom: i'll get back to you

And he logs off. I think he may have gone to take the picture Confused

Are you sure you are of a sound mind.maybe you are not well in your brain hence you are deviating from the topic of claiming your money.i give you two days to send the money or i will put a case against you with FBI on your neck.- Barr.Mrs Mariam Yameogo

A THIEF CAN NOT RECOMEND ANY BETTER THAN ANOTHER THIEF,IT THAT CLEAR. - Chon Chin

Number 16
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Idiot still spelled "Samsung" wrong. Thats a problem in my opinion.
Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And then Laughing

Windy to Me

Quote:
Hi mik, sorry for delaying you,i reallly understand the way your wife felt, But i want to tell you that we do a genuine business here, We distribute phones and computer to other countries and each goods are order out, there will be a commission for me, i will really luv to do a business with you that is why i sent my personal picture to you i snaped in thefront of two branches we have in LAGOS- NIGERIA.That is why it took me so long to send the picture......And more over with this prove i believe your wife will know that the company exists.I will be expecting your reply tomorrow with the neccessary information....Thanks

And here they are:

wilson888
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This lad doesn't look poor to me. In fact quite well off amongst his fellow countryman! Confused

Mark Time
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still, the only way to be 100% sure that it is your mugu is to have him holding a sign. For all we know, the lad may have just taken pics of the people who work there or something Razz

Michael Osei (after seeing my passport): "WE ARE A SERIOUS ENTITY SO FOR US TO RECEIVE
SUCH A PICTURE AT THIS CRUCIAL TIME OF OUR TRANSACTION
WAS VERY SHOCKING AND MIND BOGGLING." I thought it looked cute!
Richad Smith (before voodoo curse): "Listing and listing good i will not set here and watch you insulting my person okay, and i repeat never again you ever use such words on me never in your life."
mafrazou
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

omg he has 2 compaq pcs ... he should be slapped just for that

<br>Lad Banks Killed: 31x United Kingdom | 4x Ivory Coast | 6x Canada | 3x Bahamas, The | 14x Nigeria | 15x Netherlands | 9x Spain | 7x United States | 2x Switzerland | 2x Flag Monaco | 2x Isle Of Man | 1x :flag_th: | 1x Serbia and Montenegro | 3x Burkina Faso Mortar x3
| 1x Indonesia | 2x Senegal | 4x Togo | 5x Ghana | 3x Cayman Islands | 4x South Africa

Join the Bank Killing Fun. Run the Lad Vampire or the Mugu Maurauder a few hours a day and get that warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mark Time: My original plan was to wait for his picture and then call him on that point and ask him for the photo with sign. Unfortunately, the lad screwed up my plans by sending four pictures. Confused

Still haven't figured out how to go yet. I think I'm going for a photo with sign but I have to have a very convincing story of why I need more proof.

In this situations the best thing to do is nothing for a day or so and get him anxious.

Cracking pictures though.

Keith Nambla
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, that's easy. The signs say "Nokia Capitol" and "Capitol Investment"... no hint of a "Capitol Computer Investment" anywhere. For all you know, they're a firm that specializes in renting out rooms in the Lagos Capitol. How, exactly, does one invest Capitol Computers?

Also, one of those pictures seems to have a guy sneezing. As a devout germophobe, you've burned the lot and need a new set without any sneezes.

WE THANK YOU FOR ALL THE STRESS YOU HAVE BEEN TAKING US THROUGH, NEVER THE LESS WE ARE STILL ON YOUR SERVICES. - Tinted Lewis
Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just as I expected, Windy is getting a bit anxious about his money Laughing

Windy to Me

Quote:
Hi , we have been waiting for you, we want the transaction to start today ..So that on monday you will receive the items....Expecting your respond today.Thanks
TOM.....

Still haven't decided how I'm going to play him

Mark Time
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Mik: I did enjoy the pics though - don't get me wrong there Wink

I'm holding out on a pic from my IM lad - supposedly of his entire village or something Laughing

Michael Osei (after seeing my passport): "WE ARE A SERIOUS ENTITY SO FOR US TO RECEIVE
Richad Smith (before voodoo curse): "Listing and listing good i will not set here and watch you insulting my person okay, and i repeat never again you ever use such words on me never in your life."
DementedAngel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

in the bottom pic, on the far right there is a small sign that is hanging above the banner that has the pics of phones. Sign reads "capital computers investment". So, this appears to be the same place as the name on the original invoice.

First thought would be that he works there and is 419ing on the side. But since the second invoice was photoshopped, it means he only had access to one blank invoice, which makes me think he doesnt work there.

Not that any of this matters... but i like to try to get a glimpse of the real person behind the scam. my thoughts are that it would help with the bait (after all, you need to understand your prey)

Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Right, we're going for a trophy photo Confused

Me to Windy

Quote:
Tom,

This is embarassing. I've shown her the pictures, but she doesn't believe them. She said its just some guy in front of the shop that you took photos of. I tried to reason with her about all four pictures and all but she just wont have it. She told me she would believe it if you held up a sign with her name on it. I told her not to be so daft. But she won't listen to me. She said she wanted that kind of proof or nothing.

Please Tom, can you do it? Can you send me another photo of you holding up here name. Her Christian name is HALLOWISO. This is the only way I can get her to countersign the cheque.

I am so sorry for asking this Tom.

Mik

Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just when I just about gave up all hope. The lad writes back.

I think he just slapped me Confused

Windy to Me

Quote:
Hi mik, i received ur mssg, it seems it look as if you don;t want to believe us .She said she need a prove which we asxed that which kind of prove she wants and she said she needed a picture of me standing in front of the company which i sent.How would she say that i wasn;t the one standing in the front of the company ,and also i wasn;t the one sitting in my office.But when we started this business you did;nt tell us that your wife will be involved.We have been doin this business for over 5years now without any complain....Yesterday we sent some phones and laptop to CAMBERWELL GREEN IN LONDON{UK}.We just want to do business with you,and if u don;t trust us forget about it.So by monday i will send the picture. Shocked And that will be the last prove that i will send .This is embarrassing as you said early..............Pls reply this mail ...........................TOM

And my reply:

Me to Windy

Quote:
Tom,

As I said earlier I am so embarassed with even having to ask you. But what can I do, it was her father that lent me the money to start the business and his one condition was to include her as an active partner.

From time to time she uses that fact against me. I really don't know what to say other than I am so sorry for even having to ask this. But please, once we get the phones and I prove this to her, I promis you that I will make it up to you.

Thanks,

Mik

Not to thick I hope Wink

Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it's Monday and no photo. But he did send an excuse Confused

Windy to Me

Quote:
Hi mik,i got ur mssg yesterday i really understand the way you feel , i really understand why ur wife is thinking like that , well i will send the picture tomorrow . i could have sent it today but i was;nt in the office, And pls after doin that i will like you to send the control number so that we can ship ur order ontime.THANKS.........
TOM........

Mark Time
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it just my imagination, or are instant mugu lads much more demanding than the normal lads?

TMM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

they are much, much more demanding and arrogant, it takes a bit longer for them to 'trust' you too, as they can't obviously handle much more than two or three magas at the same time. You actually have to be *nice* to them the first 5-10 minutes, they bail pretty quickly.

so yes, you are right Smile

ofcourse, later on, after wasted all this time, they seem to be more forgiving (even) than the email mugus.
Mark Time
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I'm not sure about arrogant though. The trust issue I've well and truly resolved. I just let them lay their cards on the table for all to see. This is the beauty of the instant mugu bait. What does really make my blood boil is the fact they want something from you almost by the time they're done typing their request Rolling Eyes

Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you're right about them being demanding.

Your average run-of-the-mill dead bank customer/dictators fortune lad will send out a few thousand emails and try to cultivate the responses they get back.

The YIM lad has to get you there and then. And if he is talking to you, he can't be trying to scam another maga. So basically to them time is money so they can't afford to waste it on endless chit chat. They want you to commit so they can set their sites on some other maga just entering their YIM room.

Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So he finaly delivered as promised:

Windy to Me
Quote:
hi i want you to respond to this email today.
thanks

Keith Nambla
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rolling Eyes Has he never heard of studio lighting? The sign is good, but you can't see his face at all. I think he needs to do better than that.

WE THANK YOU FOR ALL THE STRESS YOU HAVE BEEN TAKING US THROUGH, NEVER THE LESS WE ARE STILL ON YOUR SERVICES. - Tinted Lewis
Mik Cisco
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I really didn't have anything to say to him, I sent him my patented empty email to buy some time.

Well Windy was waiting. Within 10 minutes of me sending the empty email, this arrived:

Windy to Me
Quote:

Hi mik,
thanks for the mail but i don't understand what u mean,i need i good response from u.
thanks TOM

What the hell does he consider a good response from me?

So I guess its time to put on the safari hat. Very Happy

Me to Windy
Quote:

Tom,

Was there nothing in that message. I don't understand what happened.

All I was sayin is thank you for the picture. I spoke to the wife and now she has relented,, Unfortunately she spent the day down in Dublin visiting her aunt and wont be back till late tonight.

I will get her to counter sign the cheque and will be sending it to you by noon tomorrow.

Again, thank you for humouring her.

Mik

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic