SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dell Molester Laptop.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
geniv
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

newbie scambaiter here.

I posted my scam/bait on another forum before discovering this site.

read the original here.
http://sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=266034&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

hope you get a good laugh.

and would appreciate some advice and critique from your more experienced baiters

Browade
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Geniv,
Actually in most cases when they send the prepaid label they have opened an account and paid for the shipping with stolen credit card information. This has two negatives. That means that the shipping company looses the money and your address and information and signature is on the shipping records, if someone checks on the fraudulent uses of the credit card. The guy in Nigeria is pretty much immune to any action being taken against him becuase of the corruption there; but you on the other hand are within reach of law enforcement. They may not believe you or understand about a freight bait; because the Lads often use sweethearts to reship merchandise they purchase with stolen card info and these accomplices are often arrested. You can talk to a lot of them who have horror stories over at www.scamvictimsunited.com who were ignorant to the fact that what they were doing was criminal; and still got arrested. I have tried a freight bait or two and always checked with the shipping company to be sure before I shipped anything. If you check and they say it is good then keep notes on date and time and number called and who you spoke to there, just in case.

Bait safe.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Browade wrote:
Hi Geniv,
Actually in most cases when they send the prepaid label they have opened an account and paid for the shipping with stolen credit card information. This has two negatives. That means that the shipping company looses the money and your address and information and signature is on the shipping records, if someone checks on the fraudulent uses of the credit card. The guy in Nigeria is pretty much immune to any action being taken against him becuase of the corruption there; but you on the other hand are within reach of law enforcement. They may not believe you or understand about a freight bait; because the Lads often use sweethearts to reship merchandise they purchase with stolen card info and these accomplices are often arrested. You can talk to a lot of them who have horror stories over at www.scamvictimsunited.com who were ignorant to the fact that what they were doing was criminal; and still got arrested. I have tried a freight bait or two and always checked with the shipping company to be sure before I shipped anything. If you check and they say it is good then keep notes on date and time and number called and who you spoke to there, just in case.

Bait safe.

wow, never knew that. what would I say to the shipper? and how would I check?

in this case it is Fedex that I'm dealing with a big company.

Browade
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quiet easy, just call FedEx and ask for the number of the Security Investigator in your area. Each district covered by Fedex in the United States and Canada has one or several security investigators assigned to handle just this sort of issue. They will be able to confirm if the account was paid for using a phished card.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Browade, you're definitely a good resource to have on this site. (Ooops I hope that sounded right. I meant it in a good way.)
geniv
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

will this work? as in keeping me from being label as a fraud.

instead of saying I'm selling a "Dell Molester" laptop.

I convince them that the Arock. system.

and when they pay for Arock they I mail them "a rock"

nomad0613
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Geniv. I'm hoping the email info and the phone number you gave him were not actually traceable back to you. I noticed the email you sent matched your screen name in the other forum. Funny as they can be, some of these guys can be downright dangerous. Proceed with extreme caution.

The Artists Against 419.... Mugus sleep, but The Lad Vampire never does
geniv
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no worry, he can come over the US and look for a fake address.

or if he trace my email he can come and kick my arse.

ohh btw: I edited their import and shipping label to have the item valued at $500.00 USD will that set any red flags with customs or fedex?

just wondering before I ship it out

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic