SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question from a first time straight baiter

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Manchu
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know many of the baits published are funny and rather involved. Does it present a problem with anyone if I publish a rather mundane sometimes boring straight bait? I thought it might be useful for first time baiters. I tried to play it as straight as possible kinda how a real victim of a scam might respond to a scammer. What do you think? I should be wrapping up the bait within the next month and am going to configure it for publishing if you think it would be worthwhile.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure! Publish it. Everyone has their own style, and who knows? Maybe what you've done will inspire someone else to create a new modality or improve on an exisiting one.

"LET ME WARND YOU FOR THE LAST TIME DONNOT EVER TAKE FOR A JUCK OK I AM A GOVERNOR OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA"
-Prof. Charles Soludo
"i bet you're conceived from a monkey-style pregnancy. go ahead and prove that you're a product of rape...a product of collective virused sperm poured in to your mom's stinking ass by hoodlums. "
-thesolicitors
"...my mother is undergoing enormous stress and high blood pressure caused by Overthinking..."
-Ibrahim Bongani
TheBarSteward
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes please. As a n00b, I find this type of stuff really useful, because it means I can learn the various modalities the lads use, but also learn how we can get them really excited. The stuff I'm doing has been a great learning experience, but I'm not wasting too much of the lads time, so I rely on the published baits to learn new tricks and see how I can mess with them. A plain old straight bait would be lovely to see rather than the usual (and fantastic) submarine purchases etc.

I think all n00bs should be tasked with a trainee study guide, and aren't considered qualified baiters until they've done all of the following:

- Learned to bait safely
- Got used to having regular email contact with a lad
- IP Tracing
- a 'find attached my passport' bait, witht he various 'no attachment', 'dll attachment', 'front of passport scan attachment' modalities.
- a WU Xfer bait
- a 'send me your photo looking stupid' bait
- a 'meet me at the airport' or 'under the webcam' bait
- slapping/death threats
- EDIT [and a ASEM]

Then, an advanced baiting qualification:
- set up a VOIP bait
- long safari
- bank killing
- arrest modality (successful or not)

This is not to form some sort of 419 class society ('I'm a qualified baiter and you aren't'), but to give the n00bs decent work experience in the various types of bait going, and so we can be set free on the lads to do some real damage. It will also give us the confidence to handle anything thrown at us by the lads, have the resources (telephone numbers, library of DLL attachments/WU forms and so on), and have the technical skills (IP tracing/Photoshopping) to bait the lads properly.

In other words, more published baits in full (with all the boring emails, and lots of explanation comments) please!
cvb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheBarSteward

What I generally do if they want a passport or copy of the Western Union receipt or anything really is send them a 800 by 600 plain black bmp.

They can open it up but it is just black. This really confuses them. If requested I generally send it as a jpeg as well. Cue cursing and general condescension.
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My baits aren't exactly laugh riots by most people's standards. I've taken to publishing them because 1) Unexpectedly, some people seem to like reading them, even get laughs out of them 2) How are newbies supposed to learn to straight bait if we never publish straight baits? and 3) I like to breed a more realistic expectation among new baiters about what to expect from baiting. You aren't going to get a 100% response rate with the comedy levels of Church of the Red Breast. I hope even my baits that fall flat not far out of the gate help someone, or maybe give someone an idea they wouldn't have tried, otherwise. I say publish it.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Larry Flynt
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Publish with impunity! Nobody here is too experienced to learn something new. Cool And remember, the stuff here is usually what people consider to be their "A+ work." The stuff that fizzles out or nosedives for whatever reason typically doesn't see the light of day on this forum.

Thanks Mr Larry, I dont need any kind of monkey. -Jurgen Sterk

...and moreover the name is Wesley Harry and not Hairy Weasel. -Barrister/Bannister Curtis Davis

Odium. Fallacia. Perfidia.
Manchu
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I want to thank all those who responded to my question. A certain amount of weirdness, not of my design has arisen. I expected to get the standard send the money by Western Union thingie. Instead, they really want me to come to Amsterdam. (With 10,500 Euros) You don't think they would rob me, do you? Laughing Laughing I will publish it as soon as I complete it. Hmmm safari trips to Schiapol Airport and paid for hotel reservations come to mind.

Thanks again everyone!!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Manchu wrote:
A certain amount of weirdness, not of my design has arisen.

That's the best kind. Straight baits can often take a pretty interesting turn when the lad you expected to zig, zags.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Straight baits can often take a pretty interesting turn when the lad you expected to zig, zags.

My signature quote came from a rather straight bait. I decided to post the bait even though it's not a very good story, because it shows how a fairly long "straight" correspondence can lead to some very unexpected results.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic