SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sugar Daddy Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
daddybaiter69
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone. On August 6th, a man found me on a dating app and offered to join in a romantic relationship with me and pay me to be his companion. I texted the phone number he gave me and almost immediately he sent me a check for $1,850, which arrived about a week later. The package was addressed from a non existent business in Baltimore, but the check was addressed from the Coordinated Resources Inc. of San Francisco. The check was signed by "Ray Norwalk", which is who the scammer claimed to be. I cashed this check at my bank account and was told by the scammer to immediately transfer $1,500 of the funds from the check to "seyifun obatala" via walmart to walmart. The next day I got a notification from my bank saying the deposit was put on hold, likely due to the fact that the check is fraudulent. I told the scammer, who had been harassing me consistently through text, that the deposit was held and I could not perform the walmart to walmart money transfer. He then proceeded to threaten me and tell me that he will "find me" and that he "wishes me death". I immediately blocked his number and told my bank to stop the hold of the check and detach it from my account, due to it being fraudulent. I am very concerned because this scammer has my address, name, and phone number. I have the scammer's phone number, screenshots of our entire conversation, and pictures that the scammer sent me of himself (which could obviously be fake). Any help with this frightening situation would be greatly appreciated.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Deposit the cash you got by cashing the check, talk to the fraud department of your bank, and do not withdraw any money for any reason whatsoever until the fraudulent money is sent back where it came from.

File a report with the police.

For further help, please post what happened in Scamwarners. Many people post both here and at Scamwarners, but Scamwarners is for helping victims and exposing scammers, while Eater is for baiting scammers.

Don't try to bait while you're dealing with this scam.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
wannab8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm so very sorry this happened to you.
Have you contacted the police? That would be the best thing since he communicated threats.
You should also post this at our sister site Scamwarners.com.
There isn't much we can do here because I believe at this stage it would be considered "revenge baiting." I'm sorry if these aren't the answers you were hoping for. Sad
Scamwarners has a support thread that may be helpful for you. Chances are, this guy is already on to his next victim.
Again, I'm very sorry you encountered this.

daddybaiter69
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have not contacted the police, mainly out of embarrassment for the situation. Also, based on our last messages it seemed like the scammer's threats were empty and my fear for him has decreased substantially. Is it really worth the hassle of a police report, does anybody know how much of a hassle it actually is. In the meantime I am making a scamwarners account now, thanks for the recommendation.
Padme

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

daddybaiter69, welcome to eater. As other members have said, you'll get great advice and support at scamwarners.com.

I do want to add, however, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. This is no different than if someone picked your pocket. You were targeted as the victim of a crime and you have a right to report it. At the least, certainly notify your bank of the situation as vonpaso xlura suggested.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

daddybaiter69 wrote:
Is it really worth the hassle of a police report

It's in your own best interest to file a report. The scammer could use your details as part of another scam or as some form of revenge. At the moment, you are a victim, but if the police have to come looking for you in relation to something else, they will be working on the basis you are a suspect and it will be a lot easier for you to convince them otherwise if you have reported this.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
wannab8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Yes to b8er's post. And yes to Padme: you have nothing to be embarrassed about. I was also nearly scammed and ended up here because of it. Learn the ropes and join the fight. There's a lot of wonderful people here!
To echo what b8er said, a police report is important. It may not seem like anything can be done, but giving them the information you have could potentially lead to taking this scammer down and others in his circle. Right away? Probably not. Eventually is a definite possibility. Charges against scammers are becoming more frequent it seems and I believe it has a lot to do with the work these guys here do as well as another site "Artists Against 419." Yeah, we do silly things and get good laughs, but we also work to get mule accounts shut down, and some of the folks here have had their work lead to arrests. Believe me, I know it's a hassle (just left a bad relationship which ended in multiple police reports), but staying silent gives them power to keep scamming. Sad

BTW, Welcome to Eater. Smile

Surfowl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Report it. Some very intelligent people have been scammed. I am here because my grandmother was taken for $3,000 until I stepped in and stopped it. She was a VP at Wells Fargo so not someone you would think would fall for it. No need to be embarrassed. It happens to lots of people across all social, economic lines and ages.

"Thanks moher fucker for wastin my tim... and mind u dis is what I do for leavng" Marvin Muela

"I CAN SEE YOU ARE NEVER A SERIOUS FOLLOWS. BUT ALL THE SAME THANK YOU FOR WASTING MY PRECIOUS TIME. YOU ARE JUST A PIES OF SHEET" Mr Netto

"I fear you play with my brain all this time and i may resort to sin and kill your skull" Quadri Mohammed
Nigeria
Netherlands
United Kingdom X 2
Closed lad accounts X159
X181
Sand Timer Edwin Mensah 3 years 2 months but finally a consistently engaged year!
Safari Maurice Yeo from Sierra Leone to Mali
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the greatest tools the scammers have is a victim's fear of embarrassment. The advice above is spot on. You should report this to your bank and the authorities.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic