SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Victim Fraud? - Voice Mail

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SmarterThanARock
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi! I was directed to your site as a group of folks who might enjoy playing around with a phone scammer. Apologies if I post this in the wrong place.

We received a threatening robo-voice voice mail. "Do not try to disregard this message." We need to call the number given, or have our retained attorney do so, the SECOND we receive the message. If we don't, "the only thing we can wish you is good luck as the situation unfolds on you."

Does anyone want to play with them? It's a Canadian area code (Hamilton, ON). The voice mail message is here:
link removed -Padme

Phone number is removed -Padme

--Tricia near Toronto
Padme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SmarterThanARock Welcome to eater. This site deals with advance fee fraud. What you received sounds more like a straight up threat, which is also very unfortunate, but not what we deal with here.

I removed the number from your post (though a google search of the number does show it as "high risk") as it is not the sort of criminal that we engage with here. I also removed your link to the voicemail simply because the site you linked to seems to require users to download the link and this is your first post here.

My advice to you is to block this number and do not engage with it further.

ETA... Moving this post from Surplus letters to Misc scams.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
SmarterThanARock
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, makes sense. You don't know me. Smile

Thanks anyway!
Padme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No worries. I think you'll find most forums are skeptical of first time posters that put up links, but I didn't assume any harm. It did just look like a voicemail file. That said, since it's not the type of scam we deal with here, there is no need to post it up again. If you do end up baiting 419 scammers (advance fee fraud, romance scammers, etc.) and end up wanting to post sound or video files, sites like 4shared, youtube and vimeo are good for those.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@OP -- I'm not sure the exact context of your post, but we don't bait telemarketers, debt collectors, or "Rachel from Card Services". End of discussion.

I'm locking this on the way out

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic