SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Have you heard of anything like this?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PilferingGoblin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I own my own business and sometimes get things from online sites like ebay, amazon, etc. I received a small box in the mail and my mother signed it for me. Inside was just crumpled newspaper. I checked my email accounts and online shopping sites. I cannot find the name, tracking number, or address in any of my correspondence or online transactions.

I am wondering if this is some kind of box scam? I looked up the address and the house on the address listed is for sale. I'm thinking of filing a police report for record. I've been checking my bank accounts for suspicious activity. So far nothing unusual and I haven't gotten any threatening calls, yet.
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I’m guessing you don’t have much to worry about unless you have some sort of empty box phobia. Simply recycle the paper products and move on I say.

Back in September I also took a delivery of a suspicious nature but there were Kit Kats in the parcel so I moved/ate on….

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
PilferingGoblin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just can't figure why i would get an empty box from someone I never heard of in another state. It costs them 10$ to send it to me, so thought maybe it was some sort of scam or something.
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll agree that it is odd but probably nothing to worry about.

However, report to the proper authorities if you are uncomfortable.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Mulmangcho
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, this is a guess on my part, but did the package have any documentation with a customer service number?
If it did, I'd say you are probably supposed to call it to find out what's going on, at which point you'll be informed that something valuable was sent to you, but is still with them due to an error. They're very sorry, and you just need to pay a processing fee to get it sent to you.

But like you said, $10 is a bit much to spend on a scam like this.
That's just a total amateur's take on it.
Padme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It might have simply been a mistake. Given that there was crumpled newspaper in it, it sounds like perhaps they forgot to put whatever they were shipping in the box. Sending it to you could have been a mistake also. Could be that they later discovered they sent something to the wrong address but didn't bother following up when they realized they also sent a box of nothing. Sounds like the clerk wasn't on his game in any case. I'd bet incompetence over scam, but who knows.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could call up the delivery service (ups, fed ex, usps, whatever( and report the mistake if you are concerned. But as there was nothing in it I would probably just toss it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic