SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Problem With A Friend~Love Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jjsgirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but need advice. My BFF and I posted profiles on Eharmony and we were contacted by a scammer. I realized after a few messages when I reverse searched his pictures and they came back to a Ukrainian journalist(I've posted about it on scamwarners and a couple of other scam sites). The problem: Fortunately, I caught it before she could send him any money but she had gotten further in the communication. I stopped emailing and he hasn't pestered me so i guess he has enough other victims. But she has decided to keep talking to him to(not sure exactly, waste his time I'm guessing). I(and another friend) have told her to quit. He doesn't have much information but he has some. He has her email address(not associated with her social media accounts, etc), her first name and city she calls home(she lives in an RV so she's rarely at home, shares home with ex husband, partly the reason she stays gone all the time).
That's not a lot of info to go on. But then I decided to reverse search her pictures and mine just to see. When I did, it traced back to our social media accounts, usernames, her blogs, websites, other email accounts, her ex, a bit more digging, family, rental property, even an ex boyfriend(and his sons, the ex BF lives in one of her rentals) and this rabbit hole just keeps going.

I don't know what to say to her to make her stop this nonsense and stop talking to him. After this experience(and I'm glad it happened with this man that was easy to look up because some might not be) I've now signed up for google voice(she has too) to talk to every man I meet online because you just never know. He could be a scammer, stalker, criminal, who knows? I've also signed up for a new email address and new username to use on dating sites. Never gave it much thought before but I do now.

Anyway, I'm concerned about her safety when/if this scammer realizes he's being strung along. What about me? Safety concerns? I've stopped all contact.
What about the safety of the victims? The ones that refuse to send money? Or can't send but a few dollars? Aren't they in just as much danger? Even though they don't know they're being scammed?

Any advice you can offer as to what I can say to her or websites/articles I can direct her to so she will give this up would be most appreciated. Thank you for listening.
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater. Although it appears your BFF is not a victim, this Sticky is still relevant: ***Victims of Scams*** I would suggest you click the link for more helpful advice. I understand you have already posted at ScamWarners and they are better equipped to advise this particular situation.

We preach baiting in a safe manner. This is to prevent any type of revenge from the scammers. Using your real life information to communicate with someone can have dire consequences. You have seen what can be found with a simple search. Now, imagine what a pissed off scammer might do. You never really know exactly where they are located and even then, they have no qualms with doing this:

http://fox8.com/2017/05/23/police-elyria-high-lockdown-was-due-to-swatting-incident/

https://consumerist.com/2016/02/11/diabolical-irs-phone-scammers-call-swat-team-tell-victim-theyre-there-to-collect/
http://wjla.com/news/crime/irs-scammers-swatting-against-people-who-discover-their-phone-schemes-114088
http://wavy.com/2014/09/16/police-irs-scammers-responsible-for-hoax-swat-call/
http://www.postbulletin.com/news/crime/scammer-gets-revenge-with-bomb-threat/article_b6f83e37-4adf-52be-8327-9bf366f23089.html

Drop all contact immediately and ignore all further attempts at contact. Do know they may try and contact you with alternative IDs.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Toomuchfun
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Heads up. I am going to steal this but with credit to you.

Closed lad accounts x31 x5 Cellphone Webstores x18 Cellphone x11 Easter Egg 2012 Purple Flower Mortar
Whip Jack Boot
$28,320.00 In Fake Checks

"Are you blind. I told you that i don't like this method payment,If you are serious
you have to understand me better" "You put me through all this pain" -Hitman

"YOU ARE MAD LOOK IM NOT HEAR TO PLAY GAME" Craigslist Scammer

"i ave your name do you want me to take your name to my native doctor you will just go totally insane overnight...YOUR ARE WARNED ...Don't dare"

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^No credit is necessary. These are happening more and more and just another reason to drop all contact with a scammer that comes into contact with your real life contact info.

It's all fun and games until this is the daughter of someone who simply refuses to stop communicating with a known criminal:

Happy early Eaterversary, TMF.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic