SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craigslist

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Drums
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all. I'm sure there's a thread on this, but time's probably running out to get this POS. One of those "too good to be true" deals (Jetski). Last e-mail from "her" - "I decided to explain you how the transaction works in a single mail, so read this email carefully in order for you to understand the transaction. We will use only eBay to close the transaction.The jetskis are in eBay custody at their shipping company sealed with all the papers in Omaha NE. The shipping is free because i supposed to ship the jetskis to another buyer, then he told me that he doesn't have money to pay for it. He already paid the shipping charges. The total amount that you will pay is $2500. The payment will be handled by eBay and they will keep the money on hold until the end of the testing period. This way we can both be protected and insured. You will receive the jetskis in 2-3 days depending of your location and you will have the chance to inspect it for 5 days. During the inspection period you can test the jetskis or go with it at your local mechanic for inspection. The jetskis will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as eBay will have the payment confirmation from you. If by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense and eBay will send you a full refund. I'm sure it won't be the case because the jetskis is in excellent condition.

For more info on how it works, I can ask eBay to send you an email with more details on how to buy it. They will as soon as have your personal details. If you would like to receive the email from eBay Motors with all the transaction information, please reply with your whole name, full shipping address zip code and phone # so I can notify eBay that you are selected my possible buyer and they will contact shortly."

Any recommendations on how to play this? TY!-
Drums
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I should add: I haven't lost any $. Unless I hear a more fun idea, I'll probably just tell "her" I sent the $, just to get her hopes up.
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have used your real life name or phone number you need to drop contact immediately. You don't want a pissed off criminal causing problems for you.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
Drums
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, all they have is my e-mail. I'll drop it if best.
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If they have your email address (and it's one you regularly use), we recommend you drop them. You'd be surprised what your email can reveal. Try doing a Google search on it, or search your favorite social media site using it to see what can be found.

Craigslist scams are quite common, but they tend to use the same scripts. Our sister site, www.scamwarners.com is great at posting these scripts and the contact details. That way, should a potential victim search, they will see it's a scam.

Feel free to send a PM to me (or any mod) with a link to the CL ad and any additional contact info you have ( especially any email from "Ebay") and we can make sure it is passed to SW.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Drums
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I'll stop it, ty. I've seen that 100x in Autotrader/etc before. Always "too good to be true", always has "a story". Here's the 1st email I got, if it helps. Links to a scam "E-Bay": My name is Margaret, happy to see you are interested in my two 2012 Kawasaki ultra 300x jetskis &Triton double axle trailer. garage kept, trailer stored, fogged and flushed every ride. Half fresh/half salt water use. I am selling them at this final price of $2,500 because my husband died 3 months ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason why I want to sell asap. Me along with my daughter decided to sell the house and so we moved to my sister in Omaha, NE trying to start a new life.

I want to use eBay‎ services for the safety of both of us. The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the jetskis. Using eBay Motors we are both 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. so if you're interested in purchasing this jetskis just email me with your full name, address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay‎ that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

PS: Here is a link to the jetskis photo gallery: https://www.ebayphotogallery.com/zdjecia2/Galeria/9616739/1#zdj3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic