SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Skype and scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Susiescambaiter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a new lad who wants to video chat on Skype. Is this a good idea? Any tips or things I should watch out for?

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you video chat with a scammer, you are giving them real life information (in the form of your real face at the very least) that they can use. VERY bad idea. Just tell your lad that 1. your webcam does not work or 2. you don't have a webcam and you wouldn't know how to set one up if you did. Hopefully, you can use your character to work something along those lines into your bait.

...you cannot kill me of Innocency....! - Reverend Mark Obum

Well, is now getting to a point which you're searching for the other side of me, and if you don,t reason well, you will surely see it from me. - Steve Jobs, Commander in Chief
Susiescambaiter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing. I am curious that he wants to video chat. I'm assuming that he doesn't look like his dating profile pics.

Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with T-3rd -- don't appear on video. One angle might be to appear enthusiastic about the idea of video but then sadly be unable to get it to work.

Depending on the forum profile picture he used originally, it's possible that it's "close enough" that he thinks a victim wouldn't notice -- or at least would attribute differences to the usual "profile picture vs reality" distinction that happens all the time.

Or, he may be planning the same sort of scheme: he will offer to do a video call but then never manage to get it working on his end. This is particularly likely if he doesn't look like the profile picture (although there are ways to get him to reveal himself "honestly", which is an essential step if you want to try and get trophy photos or video from him).

It may be worth giving it a try, making sure your webcam is entirely disconnected, just to see whether he appears on video or not. If he doesn't appear you can claim the problem must be on his end and move ahead as normal.

But if so, be VERY careful about your webcam and skype - if you usually have a webcam connected it's extremely easy to answer an incoming video call with video (particularly if you use video calling in non-baiting circumstances, where answering in this way may be habitual).

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Susiescambaiter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Turns out he was looking for phone/video sex. Ewww. I feel like I need a shower.

#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^You'd probably need much more than a shower if you'd gone through with the call.

A piece of Electrical tape or something similar over your Webcam is a worthy investment BTW.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
Susiescambaiter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't even have a Webcam!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He was probably thinking of trying to blackmail your character with the video.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic