SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New User - friendly hello and a questions about rules

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GrowerGirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there!!

I hope that everyone is having a great evening. I am new to this site (obviously).

I was first prompted to research scams when I started selling a few of my things on Craigslist to pay for my upcoming wedding in September. Every post would get a response from a scammer trying to run the "I sent you a check for $500 more than the total, can you please wire the excess money back to me?" I'm a smart girl, I never fell for it, but it sparked an interest in scams. I eventually found this site, and here I am!!

My question regarding the rules is this: how do I link back to or verify that the e-mail address in question is a scammer's e-mail address? (Rule: don't post the e-mail address unless you can verify that it belongs to a scammer)

Also, what is IP free e-mail? (I know what it is, but which services are IP free or how do I make my Gmail IP free?)

Thanks, and have a great day all! I look forward to wasting scammers time and money!
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater

Try reading through Eater University, https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51

Most of what you want or need to know is in there, any other questions, just ask away, most of us don't bite, although Pastor Frank may try to convert you to being a Canadian.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
which services are IP free or how do I make my Gmail IP free?

Welcome to the friendliest and most socially conscious forum on the entire interwebs! Very Happy (Actually, pretty damn true.)

Gmail is automatically IP free so if you set up a fake name on a Gmail account you are baiting safely right from the start.

Pull up a chair, do some reading, then sign up for a mentor and bait away. It's good, clean, socially useful fun. The first time you get a rant, or better yet a totally toothless death thread from a scammer you will know you have arrived.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GrowerGirl wrote:
how do I link back to or verify that the e-mail address in question is a scammer's e-mail address?

Welcome GrowerGirl.

Just post the email that told you it was a scam. Sometimes, you'll know from the first mail others it won't be until the scammer mentions the cheque or asks for a Western Union transfer. The rule is there to stop people just turning up and posting "I was scammed by xxx" type posts where the email address could belong to anyone.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Growergirl,

You've gotten some pretty good answers. I'm a big fan of gmail-using totally fake into to fill the the account request-it will ask you for a recovery number-you can just skip this.

For our "rules", the Stickies at the top of the page has our TOS. Things we do and don't do. B8er is correct, the reason we require some proof that an email address s lnked to a scammer is we've had people come here and post their exe's or their bosses address or phone number.

The Craig's list scams are pretty familiar and not easy to bait since your real life info is connected with your ad. You can pull a lad out of our Surplus Letters section or from your Spam box as long as you respond from your shiny new fake gmail.

Does this help?

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater!

Gmail strips your IP address if you access it via the Web. If you use SMTP (like Kmail), it doesn't.

If you already have a Gmail address that you use for things other than baiting, create a new one used only for baiting. Locate your character at least 100 km from where you are at an address that doesn't exist.

You can bait Craigslist scammers by writing to them as if they answered an ad for a nonexistent item. See https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=238470 .

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

yes, that's the problem with gmail, it does not hide the IP if used in conjuction with a mail client.

regarding craiglist-scammers: how about setting up a fake ad? something ridiculous like an iphone 3G for 800$. the point is, that real customers would be drawn away from that offer, since it is way too expensive for an old phone, yet the scammers need a certain minimum amount of money in order to get the scam working (20$ item and 500$ overpayment check doesn't work).

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Doctor Seviche
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Everyone else has said what needs to be said regarding the forum rules and IP masking, so I'll just say Get a Mentor, Bait Safe and Welcome to Eater!

[edited to add]
Oh yeah, and one other piece of essential advice; Never talk smack about the mods unless you are sure they aren't reading the thread.

Don't jock with the man of God - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

i don't think i will ever come in contact with bastard bad luck stupid and idiot poor foolish man like you,that wasted my time for no reasons!!!!!!! - Father Augustine, United Nations Bishop

...are you goatfucking or did you honest fool you eyes? - Father Augustine, United Nations Bishop after a very long day driving around Accra.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^wise words dr S Wink

Welcome GrowerGirl, we're happy to answer any questions as you can see.

bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here. Don't worry. Mods never read any of the threads...

Very Happy

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
MorganleFay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Don't believe a word of it! Mods read all the threads and keep a blacklist of all malefactors and naughty peeps in the mods' lounge. Especially beware bware, who has extremely refined antennae for the detection of over-quoting and gratuitous leeting. Laughing

Welcome to Eater.

Very Happy
EU321
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater

Hope you enjoy it Wink

who are you and what are trying to do? why are you playing with me? JACK 5MITH

WE DON’T PALY HERE, WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR GAMES. United R1vals after 30x MTCN v4ult logins
EU321
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the most interesting and friendliest forum on the net!

who are you and what are trying to do? why are you playing with me? JACK 5MITH

WE DON’T PALY HERE, WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR GAMES. United R1vals after 30x MTCN v4ult logins
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

EU321 wrote:
One of the most interesting and friendliest forum on the net!

AND, 99.83% Canadian free.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ The other 0.17% is under review. Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
GrowerGirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all for such a warm welcome and for answering my current questions.

I am so excited to start baiting; before I knew that scam baiting was a "thing", I would beg my fiance to hand me the phone so I could have a little fun with the scammers. He would always say, "Babe what's the point? They're not going to stop."

BUT....I have spent the last week or so prior to registering on the site reading through the forums, the letters, FAQ, Guidelines, Tips, looking at photos, listening to the audio archives, etc etc. It became my nightly reading material, and we got so many laughs out of the baits that have been posted.

I can't remember who was responsible for the adventures of Professor Rupert J. Feltch III and Major Muff Diver of Arctic Skunk Explorations, but we laughed so hard it brought us both to tears. If I hadn't already been in love with the idea of turning the tables on the scammers, that would have convinced me.

I have my new gmail account, now all I have to do is bait some stupid scammers! I hadn't even thought about setting a location in my gmail, so thank you very much for bringing that to my attention (I'm a very bright girl but I'm also naturally blonde...or at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I will most certainly be signing up for a mentor, and I look forward to contributing to this very fun, friendly, and socially conscious site. It feels like I'm doing global community service in the funnest way possible.

(And by the way, cheers from the greater Los Angeles region United States no Canadians here)
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It feels like I'm doing global community service in the funnest way possible

That's about it, in a nutshell. Looking forward to seeing what you can do. Cool

Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

found the bait

http://www.419eater.com/html/user_subs/akim/akim.htm

one thing that popped into my eyes: sending a lad a photochopped passport is a nogo nowadays. even with a pic of keith richards. lads can reuse something like that.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the facility, GrowerGirl! Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
GrowerGirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Robert Heinrich der 1. wrote:

one thing that popped into my eyes: sending a lad a photochopped passport is a nogo nowadays. even with a pic of keith richards. lads can reuse something like that.

I saw that in the rules, and I'm so glad that was posted, because I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise. I really like the rules, someone went to great lengths to come up with the guidelines and they all make perfect sense.

What's a good phone service to use for voicemails/calls? I was originally thinking of using Google Voice (they give you a free phone number and it forwards all calls to your home/cell phone); receiving calls is free and it offers free voicemail and global texting. But, I don't know if it's such a good idea to have the phone and voicemail service linked to my actual cell phone number. I also considered TextMeNow or a similar service that doesn't require a forwarding phone number, it's just a WiFi phone number.
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
You have PM. Or will in a minute.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic