SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

INVESTMENT CO-OPERATION SCAM

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
henry69
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi
Has anyone come across an investment co operation scam?
(Name of scammer has been removed to conceal my sting which is in advanced stage against him)

I would love to hear from you if you have as i am currently dealing with scammer diverting his attention from real victims.

He has sent me his passport scanned copy & a utility bill for his ID.
He now wants me to do the same which will never happen.

How do i respond to him?
Has anyone fallen a victim to this scam before?

Last edited by henry69 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capt. Tripps
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all, make sure you are contacting him on an e-mail address that has absolutely zero connection to your real life persona. If you are contacting him using your personal e-mail address, then cease all contact with the scammer immediately.

Anyway, regarding the scam. It'll have an AFF element to it somewhere; guaranteed. You'd be required to pay something up front, in other words.

Most likely, before the scammer puts in any of his own non-existant investment money, the would-be victim would be required to put in some of theirs under the pretext of obtaining a document or some administrative fee or other. Of course, like any 419 con, the fees go on ad infinitum.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Capt. Tripps wrote:
First of all, make sure you are contacting him on an e-mail address that has absolutely zero connection to your real life persona. If you are contacting him using your personal e-mail address, then cease all contact with the scammer immediately.

What difference does it make if someone is using their personal email address.
Since no personal details have been share by myself i persume no yarm can be
done or am i wrong?

Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You would be surprised how much information can be found from just an email address. Your name is already known to the scammer, and if you've used the email to register on Facebook for example then your whole life and that of all your friends and family are potentially available to scammers.

The bottom line is, you are dealing with criminals, so you really don't want them knowing who you are and where you are.

ETA: Take a read of this https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=273763 and the linked article and then decide whether using your real life details is a good idea.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip đźš˝
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Henry, first of all welcome here!

Second of all, when you are told not to share anything personal it's a well meant advice.

Consider this. Scammer did a mistake and shared his real, personal email address.
And just from this one piece of information I found the following:

His Facebook
His real name
His wife's name
His sons name
Photos of the entire family
Birthday of his family
Where he works
What soccer team he is fan of (online betting sites)
His dating sites profiles

Especially today, everything is connected in ways you might not be even aware about. B8er is absolutely correct when he speaks of criminals. I would listen to him Wink

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What difference does it make if someone is using their personal email address.

You would be surprised by how much personal information can be harvested from an email address. I believe that Mortal did a great job of conveying that.

We are dealing with criminals here. Do not for one second think that you are too far removed for any repercussion. They have associates everywhere. Why would you risk even the slightest chance of harm on yourself or your family?

Even if they can't cause physical harm they can still make your life hell by harassing you via email or phone.

If you want to pursue baiting please read the stickies. Learn how to bait safely. And if you have used your real life email to talk to a scammer CEASE CONTACT IMMEDIATELY.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All relevant information and good advise. I'll go a step further. It's irresponsible to think lads do not have connections near you or cannot cause harm (see B8er's link and example) across the distance. What can you get from an email address? In addition to what Mortal posted, it's possible to glean home addresses, work addresses, websites registered, former businesses, current businesses, etc. These are criminals. We preach baiting safe from experience.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic