SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mailing from iPad

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Schumann
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How safe it to message lads from the Mail.com app on my iPad, using a public WiFi network?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless you give the lad your personal info, it should be perfectly safe. Lads are generally completely unaware of IP addresses, and even if they weren't, all they would be able to use it for, would be to trace the server you accessed the internet through. Unless said server is a company server (ie. belonging to the company you work for), there is nothing to fear - all they get is the information of your ISP.

Some baiters feel better using Gmail or Outlook or other mail services that strips the IP entirely and replaces it with their own, including myself, but the fear is really irrational - the lads can't really use it against you in any way (except for in the above example).

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Schumann
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, TheDane - very helpful!

Thumbs up

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a question about that. If scammers have your IP address and they can only find your location, then they can't find you. I thought that criminals were able to find out your real location no matter how little information they had on you.
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ IP information is not information about you. It's information about your ISP.

I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

let's differenciate a bit.

let's say, a lad really knows about IP-addresses and everything.

first, it would lead to a lot of baits (and victims), where the lad accuses the baiter of lying, because the IP-tracer clearly says sunnyvale california (google, yahoo and a few others), while the baiter told the lad about another location.

second, the lad would then just get the name of the isp. depending on the size of the country and the way the provider maps the IPs, you should be pretty safe. I know, that the german telekom pools the IPs per city. so the same IP will just be given to customers in the same city. other providers just have country-wide pools, and in case of shortages even transfer IPs between different countries.

depending on your povider you are more or less safe, the lad could trace you down to the city, if your provider has IP-pools for cities. again, just if your lad even knows about IPs.

third, and now it's going to be difficult: if you log in from your workplace. companies (especially the larger ones) have their own IP-ranges (beginning with an /28 block (gives 8 IP-addresses) to /8 (16,777,216 IP-addresses). those blocks can be looked up via ripe, arin and other regional internet registries.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_Internet_Registry

so, if the lad knows about IPs and how to look them up, you are still pretty safe from your home internet connection. access from work however might not be so safe, it can disclose your workplace to the lad.

so, there are some very simple ways to hide your IP, for example gmail or yahoo... but just by using the webfrontend (not via pop3/smtp client). and even if you don't care, the lad might never find out about it.

hey, just a challenge: is it possible to tattoo a lad with the IP-address he was using in his initial mail?

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
RockinBrony
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

okay, next question. So, if a "lad" has your IP address, but not your real address, then if you make him upset, you don't have to worry about someone special "knocking" on your door. The reason I ask this is because there was supposedly a type of "gang" that could hack into systems and find your RL location and if they had that information, they pretty much did horrible things to you since they knew your location.
TheScamHater
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only way someone can track your home address with your IP is if they have a order from the courts to do so, which the lads will never have. Do not worry, most lads are too dumb to know what an IP is anyways.

"I JUST WANT TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TELL YOU THAT I MYSELF WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY WITHOUT ANY QUESTION FROM ANY OFFICE IN THE WORLD" Martial Emile
"na God go punish ur hustle guy for wasting my time" Sir John Anthony
"After all the stress, look at what you are saying,thanks for wasting my precious time and if you care to know your deposit would have made my Hospital upgraded now you have brought shame and disgrace to me. Thanks a lot for the disappointment, God bless and reward you to what you done to me" Dr Salami
RockinBrony
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well if I understand from everything I read, this so called "gang" didn't have court orders and they were still able to obtain it. I doubt that "lads" would go through that trouble, but still it's scary.
Mattaz
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use gmx which gives out my IP. If I look it up, it gives a location 20km from where I live. I never give any RL information, photo's, addresses...
I challenge the lad to find me Smile
I always play a character in the neighborhood of my IP so I can use it for the story if they search for it.

Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yes

the only thing, that could happen: if the lad looks it up and finds out that you are not in the country you are pretending to be.

on the other hand, my baitphone has an austrian area code, and I claimed to be somewhere else. and even that did not bother the lads... one would say, that country-areacodes are quite obvious. +43 is not +44 or +234...

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As mentioned, there is no risk, but one can always play it safe and use Gmail.

Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not concerned about your IP, I'm more concerned that you are using an Apple product.

I kid, or iKid. Welcome to Eater and stay away from Malus domestica

Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I agree, we're only just getting the outbreak of rednecks under control and now we appear to have an infestation of hipsters. Very Happy

Welcome Schumann and RockinBrony, bait safely, but not to the point of paranoia Wink. Many of us have been baiting for years (including when the main mail providers didn't hide IPs) and we're all still safe and haven't been hunted down by any vigilanty hackers.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Well, there was that one guy, but I guess we'll just let him go.

Too soon?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic