SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Might This Be A Scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all, just want to throw this out there. Something about it felt off to me and I'm trying to figure out if it might be some kind of scam. Basically:

-A man calls identifying himself as a real estate agent for a major company
-I answer, he says "our connection is bad, I will call right back"
-He calls again and asks me if I'm planning to sell my house
-I say "no", he hangs up

Why this strikes me as weird is because I Googled the number that called me and it seems others have had the exact same experience. It seems he always calls and says the connection is bad, then calls again. What are the odds? I also searched his name on the real estate company listing, could not find anything. Nor did it link to his number, which is weird considering there were phone contacts for all the other legitimate agents.

Brainstorm with me here. What kind of a scam-if its one at all-could this be?
Huntsman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds like it may have been one of the scams. Where they want you to call them back. When you call the number back you get a huge phone bill. I knew a guy that had something similar happened to. He called the number back and got a 100 dollar charge on his phone bill.

Here is a news article on it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/tompor/2014/02/09/susan-tompor-did-your-cell-phone-ring-just-once-do-not-call-back/5280047/

x47

United States x9

Sand Timer "I am a ranked Drilldo, and as you may know, its a very secretive one." Drilldo-Captin James Hall

"You are talking like a drunker. This is not what I contacted you for". David Kim Lee
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could you post it at Scamwarners with the phone number? They would be better able to advise you there. Eater is a baiting site, and we don't bait scammers who have our real-life phone numbers or other RL info.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
MuzunguTheHuntress
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds more like a robbery set-up than a scam. If you agree to have him look at the property, he eyeballs everything in the home including the security set-up. Next time you get the call, tell him it's a rental and his company is the agent Wink or start checking Craig's List to see if he 'listed' it for you.

Anderson: ask the Doc if my perfect sperm can make you pregnant and i wont fail. (to my character's recent surgery - a hysterectomy.)
'abeg' challenged "David Nelson", worlds most inept romance lad: se u won dey abuse me ni?? (from english to laddish in 2.5 seconds.)
Easter Egg 2012 Closed lad accounts x8 Mc Fry
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic