SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Had my card scammed in the USA, I live in the UK

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammer had tried to obtain £3 from my bank account.
My bank's (Barclays) the fraud squad had flagged up 3 transactions all yesterday, managed to get hold of me at the 3rd attempt, thought the first two calls were frauds, I would not answer (recorded messages).

Two of the transactions were from Amazon already had the goods, so could vouch for them, the 3rd from America I could not, had no dealing with America, now having a new card sent.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The £3 is probably a trial run to see if the card is active - most probably an online purchase/game top up. If it had gone through and the card remained active then there would have been multiple other transactions.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's about time we got some payback. Every time my card gets tested, it's some bastard from the UK having a go at it. Laughing

Have you recently used the card online, or ordered something over the phone? Not that it matters really, could be the local grocery store has gotten their computer system compromised.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

in-person card skimming is pretty hard in the UK and EU as they almost all use chip/PIN for transactions. It always amazed me when I go to the US and they don't require so much as a signature. Are there any signs that this will change soon?

bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^It's already started. However, the security isn't at the level you see.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/just-how-safe-is-your-new-chip-enabled-credit-card/

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2991473/financial-it/fbi-takes-down-alert-on-chip-credit-cards-after-bankers-complain.html

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The real risk is contactless payments. The limit on my card is 40fr per transaction without a PIN and as far as I know, there's no daily limit. I wonder how many 40fr ish transactions it would take for them to start being questioned by the fraud systems. You could probably stock up on quite a lot of toblarone and cuckoo clocks before it's noticed.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

B8er wrote:
The £3 is probably a trial run to see if the card is active - most probably an online purchase/game top up. If it had gone through and the card remained active then there would have been multiple other transactions.

That's exactly what it was. I had this happen to me twice. When the bill showed up with an under-the-radar amount it included the name of the "business," along with a phone number, who was pinging my card number. The number took me to an answering machine (not an answering system, a machine). Each time there was a URL for a web site that looked much like the scam web sites we report. This happened before I joined Eater so it didn't occur to me to report the sites.

However, I did report it to the bank, who immediately issued me new cards. You should do the same if you haven't already. The second time it happened I got feedback from the bank a few days later. Apparently some loser working out of a one bedroom apartment in Arizona was running the scam.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was only having multiple transactions appear in my account the same day, that it was flagged up by the fraud squad otherwise if it had been a single transaction then I doubt if they would have known.

I have a suspicion at the back of my mind this could have happened to me before, just put it down to me having forgot to write the transaction down.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Both my cards have excellent security departments-they call when there have repeat small transactions and all international charges-unless I've called and told them I'll be out of the country.

Some years ago, I had my identity stolen along with a number of neighbors-a loser with a gambling addiction stole mail from the whole neighborhood. It was an incredible pain to deal with it, even though LE was great. They arrested the guy, who's now doing time in the Federal system. My bank was oblivious-even though there were $1000 withdrawals everyday for a week. The bank restored the money, but I couldn't believe their internal security didn't notice the activity.

I had to deal with collection agencies calling about "my account" for years. LE sent me their investigation file which I handed out to every agency that called me. Wouldn't surprise me a all if I get the same call in the future.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
calvin
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It could be this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34527439

Is your AV up to date?

Sand Timer - Danilla 2yrs
Sand Timer - John Smith / David Coleman / James Pearson

"The person that went to the bank say is like you are playing a fast one on me,Because the cashier was just laughing at him"

"PLEASE IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THE "SCAMWARNERS" REFERENCE ON THE INTERNET ... THE INFERENCE THAT SOMEHOW THAT I AM RUNNING A SCAM IS HURTFUL TO MY BUSINESS"

"GUY U DE VERY WICKED AND HEARTLESS."

Whip
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently used my debit card to pay a subscription fee online with a company registered overseas - within minutes I was getting texts from my bank to verify that I knew about the payment.

No doubt if I hadn't been around they would have stopped the card. Disaster if you are traveling at the time, but reassuring to know they are watching my back. It shows that you should tell them if you are going overseas, rather than getting there to find your card doesn't work any more banghead

My elderly inlaws had a call saying that their bank had stopped their debit card because someone had used it in an all night supermarket at 1am - in fact it was actually them, much to the bank's surprise (they live like students, staying up half the night then getting up at the crack of lunchtime).

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear that Fo. Had my card cloned about 7-8 years ago. Didn't notice until my account had been cleaned out as it happened over Christmas.

Barclays, were pretty good about it and told me straight off I would get my money back because it was obvious (they didn't tell me how they knew this) my card details had been obtained without my knowledge.

The only thing that pee'd me off about the whole affair, was they said the actual theft was from them as I would be fully reimbursed. But it was me that spent all day trundling back and forth from bank to police station to sort it out and fill in all the effing forms. Lots and lots of forms. Evil or Very Mad

** To add.

Barclays told me that they traced the user to someone who lived in travel lodges along the M4. They'd move from one place to another and use the card to buy rounds of drinks, dinners, takeaways and go to the pictures.

Bastard, bought a top of the range DVD player as well. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
RebelDestroyer01
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Windy - That's despicable, especially having it done over Christmas.

Rowan
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My bank immediately shut down my debit card after a security breach at a store I used it at. Their quick action was appreciated. It very well might have saved me from having my account drained. But it was annoying that they didn't bother to tell me, so when I stopped to pick up some groceries on the way home, the cashier scanned my shut-off card, looked confused and told me that my account didn't exist. So, it was cereal for dinner at home followed by a long wait until morning when I could call to find out what was going on with my account.

Sand Timer A.Z. 2013-2015
Easter 2015
"If You can't figure out the scanner find someone smart to do it ok?"
"KISS YOUR INHERITANCE GOOD BYT DUMP ASS"
"its [wo]men like you who truly ruin my days."
"Do you realize that you have pushed me to tears?"
"I pray you die of horrible disease in Jesus name for wasting my time. The is serious business."
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Boo hoo....

Got My bank statement on Saturday just gone, and noticed four spurious transactions. Two for insurance companies and two for cable tv subscriptions.

I went to the bank and reported them to find they can only have gone through as an inside job because they didn't have my three digit code along with long number. Card stopped and money returned on the spot.

Seems banks and companies know their account and billing departments have been infiltrated top to bottom but can't or won't do anything about it.

Crims, get themselves into a position where they can circumvent security measures and charge various cards over a short time, transfer the money out, then leave before anyone knows what has happened.

Grrr....! Evil or Very Mad

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:
It's about time we got some payback. Every time my card gets tested, it's some bastard from the UK having a go at it. Laughing

You really need to put some money into your account you tight bastard. You're hardly worth robbing any more.

My card was done for £15 a couple of weeks ago. A taxi in Amsterdam. The scammer picked my details up from a purchase I made on a website belonging to a reputable company. Fraud officer at my bank told me they'd had problems with the company before. More than likely it was my details being kept in an unsafe environment rather than any hack.

For that reason, I always have an account that I use just for online. I never keep more than £50 in it unless I'm making a purchase. The scammer would have been metaphorically but not physically screwed if he tried to buy a hooker after the cab ride. Twisted Evil

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
KissOfDeath
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Similar to jose_cuervo -- my most recent dealings with this :poop: traced to China!

And as in your case, SOOI, it appeared that the origin of the problem could have been perfectly reputable websites that I've dealt with for years. Or my plastic
may have been skimmed in a restaurant or doc's office, where the card was actually out of my sight for a short time. (I no longer permit that -- I now
physically follow my card to the register!)

Moral of these stories for all of us: Keep an eye on your financial institution and credit card statements. Getting into the habit of looking at your account
between statement dates now and then is a sound practice, too. Be paranoid -- it pays.

GoatJack Boot
Closed lad accounts x14 ~ Assorted
x33 ~ Assorted
x78 + Closed lad accounts x3 ~ DT
x789+959 w/Team BaconBoi ~ "This charge-back/reversals is now getting on my nerves." ~ "What exactly are you? Why are you fooling me?"

Gadgeteer Grad Thumbs up 05/29/15

2015 Easter 2015 Co-Winner w/Nick Roper

“What the hell is wrong with you?”~"Stop playing games with me okay" ~ PartyBoi w/Team Sley

“jose and KoD, Eater's <strike>most vomit-inducing</strike> cutest couple” ~ TheLoneHaranguer

Last edited by KissOfDeath on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I only use a credit card for online purchases, had my debit card # compromised once and it was a real pain. Lost nearly $1000 USD out of my checking account before my bank called me.

I was moving at the time, and my bank was very slow returning the cash (about a week). Sucked.

I had my CC compromised a few different times, different banks too. But in those cases the charge was reversed quickly (24 hours) and a new card sent out.

My AMEX card fedex'd me a new card and I had it the next day, and the charges were reversed before I got off the phone with them. Of course it helped that it had been 'used' 3 states away from where I live.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic