SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

"Google" scammers targeting business owners....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Herp
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone gotten one of these, or know more about it? Looks like a new twist on the "Microsoft" scam that's been going on for years. I don't know what the object of the scam itself is, but i guess they want you to pay to improve your Google search rank?

http://www.cringely.com/2015/09/07/evil-google-waiting-on-line-one

deal breaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get those calls several times a week and just hang up. I am sure that it is just cold call soliciting to sell a pay-per-click advertising program. It has nothing to do with google. Claiming your google listing is something that many older business owners haven't done and take very little time but why not offer to do it for them and then solicit their business?

I wouldn't even classify it as a scam as they undoubtedly will put together an ad program (not very good) and charge (on the high end) for it. As I told one unfortunate woman that wandered in a few months ago. The fact that you paid a company a huge amount of money for "crap grade" flooring that was properly installed is not criminal. Poor ethics of the business owner and poor decision by you, but you really don't have much of a legal argument as to why they should refund your money...all hail P.T. Barnum.
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This isn't advanced fee fraud, which is what we deal with on this site. there are all sorts of phone scams floating around as well as some genuine calls made with abysmal customer relations. Please make sure which you're receiving before posting.

In any event, hanging up is always the right way to handle it. Just make sure you don't give the caller any further info like your name or contact info.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Herp - it's nice to see you back. I remember when you used to fill the surplus forum every day. Very Happy

As Capone said (and you probably already know), this isn't advance fraud, so not relevant to Eater or baiting, but interesting to discuss.

I followed your link and read the article. I'm not certain what is going on, but if it's not actually Google calling, it may be a version of a directory listing scam that targets businesses.
The way those work is that some company calls you about your free listing, then tries to bill you for services you didn't agree to.
I'm familiar with a version in which the scammers were using variations of Yellow Pages names. It may be that they've moved on to doing this in the name of Google, or it may be a scheme as described by deal breaker.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic