SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fake Cashiers Check Scambaiting Advice Needed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CookieOnCall
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received a fake cashiers check in the mail, made out for more than the purchase price of course, and I need some ideas on how to scam this scammer. My last text to him said "I deposited the check", which I didn't. My bank manager verified that the check was counterfeit. I am asking for replies with some good ideas on how to scambait this lowlife. All serious responses will be appreciated. I read the rules of this forum that prohibit forum discussions involving scamming the scammers for cash, so please PM me about this. I am new to this forum, this website, and the world of scambaiting, so please avoid using terms, acronyms and slang that I don't understand yet, or please explain what they mean. I am angry and I want to channel it in a positive and community-improving direction.
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, CookieOnCall!

First thing you need to know is, that scamming scammers for cash (in other words - cashbaiting) is not supported by the community, which basically means you are probably not getting a PM about cashbaiting. It's not done here at all.

Not only is it illegal - you're luring money out of somebody under a false information (that you are interested in his business, that you have to pay some bank fee, etc. - no different than what scammers are doing!) there's a security concern as well, especially for a someone new to the game. It puts you up at an unnecessary risk of the scammer getting some of your real information.

Do you really want to lure money out of scammers and potentially risk them finding out?

I would recommend reading the sticky posts - those "Top" threads in each category and especially read some of the stuff found all the way at the bottom in Eater U. You'll get a better idea of what we do to damage the scammer and what we do not do.

You might be interested in getting a mentor too Wink

And last, but not least - here's a glossary of the terms we use Smile
https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237944

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater.

First off if this scammer has any of your real life info, drop him immediately. These people are criminals and the first rule of dealing with them is bait safely. Just ignore him, do not do anything that would provoke him. Like cash baiting. All that would accomplish is pissing off the authorities and criminals alike.

If you want to bait that's fine, but it is in your best interests to find a different scammer. You can bait him from a different persona, but I recommend against it. There are plenty of scammers to have fun with.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mortal is correct about cash baiting. We do not engage in it, we do not condone it, and we do not discuss it.

My advice to you is to drop this scammer immediately. Presumably if he was able to send a check to you, he has your real life information, and therefore baiting him is not safe. I am glad that you recognized the scam before sending any money, but you should drop all contact with the scammer right now.

If you wish to bait him, start a new email address for a baiting character who has no connections to your real life whatsoever, and start over. Getting a mentor will help you immensely in this.

Welcome to Eater.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2
bobbybobby
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CookieOnCall wrote:
I received a fake cashiers check in the mail, made out for more than the purchase price of course, and I need some ideas on how to scam this scammer. My last text to him said "I deposited the check", which I didn't. My bank manager verified that the check was counterfeit. I am asking for replies with some good ideas on how to scambait this lowlife. All serious responses will be appreciated. I read the rules of this forum that prohibit forum discussions involving scamming the scammers for cash, so please PM me about this. I am new to this forum, this website, and the world of scambaiting, so please avoid using terms, acronyms and slang that I don't understand yet, or please explain what they mean. I am angry and I want to channel it in a positive and community-improving direction.

My advice.... walk away. Ignore his emails, don't correspond in any way with him. Read the stickies as others have suggested, learn how these scams work so you and your family or friends won't fall for them.

If after that then you want to waste scammers time and efforts then set yourself up with a fake email address (no links to the real you), apply for a mentor and head down to the surplus forum and take your pick of lowlife lads. Smile

"YOU ARE COMPLETELY A LUNATIC."

"PLEAS DO NOT SEND ANY OF MY EMAIL COPY TO THE MAD MAN.AGAIN."
Jack Boot Purple Flower Mc Fry Golden Pig
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here, CookieOnCall. Good for you for spotting the scam instead of falling victim. If you'd like more information about check scams, please check our sister site, http://ScamWarners.com .

CookieOnCall wrote:
My last text to him said "I deposited the check", which I didn't.

Please do not continue to bait this scammer, as you are using your real identity to do so. Remember, the person on the other end of those messages is a criminal. It's fun to receive death threats from them when they have all fake info, not so fun when they know all your real info.
If you would like to bait, please start a new bait (there are plenty of scammers to choose from) with a fake identity.
There is a lot of info here about how to get started. If you need help, just ask!

Quote:
I read the rules of this forum that prohibit forum discussions involving scamming the scammers for cash, so please PM me about this.

Cash baiting (trying to get money from scammers) is prohibited here. We do not condone it at all, even if coordinated privately. We can't control what you do outside of here, but any further mention or attempt to cash bait via our forum or with our members is a violation of our rules.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

as the others said, drop him immediately

contrary to the others, I don't see any cashbaiting. I guess, you are not a baiter but you sold something online and received a check. usually, those checks show a way too high amount of money, and the scammer asks you to wire the overpayment back to him.

then the bank would realize that the check is counterfeit, and you get into deep troubles (oh, and the money is gone).

so well spotted, that the whole thing is a fraud Smile

as the others said: drop him immediately. he has your real life data.

I wouldn't even risk to wait 2-3 weeks and start baiting him, he is now off limits for you.

if you are interested, grab a mentor (you already fulfilled the minimum requirement of one posting) and read the stickies.

oh, and welcome to eater Smile

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater!

If the check came by US Mail, take it and the envelope to the US Postal Inspection Service. If it came by something else, take them to the carrier's fraud department. The sender is most likely another victim of the scammer and needs to be warned. Then ignore all further messages from the scammer. You will probably get some heated rants about reporting you to the FBI. Ignore them.

If you'd like to bait this sort of scammer, there is a dropbox available to premium members for receiving mail from scammers. But first read the stickies, register for courses in Eater U, sign up for a mentor, and create a baiting character.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The sender is most likely another victim of the scammer and needs to be warned.

exactly, and that victim may believe, he is doing a genuine job. as everywhere, there are people who don't ask too many questions if they can get a job. and if it looks honest and not too hard, it's even better (for example a company from another country, who has a few customers in the US, who need to receive those checks. that would be plausible enough for them to do it).

for baiting them, you don't even need to have a dropbox. there are lists of abandoned cities and towns all over the world, dream up an address over there and start. for example, you can be the hotel manager of the polissya hotel in pripyat, ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polissya_hotel

that thing will be ITP-free for another 200 years...

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
CookieOnCall
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will definitely drop this scammer immediately. But scambaiting intrigues me so I think I'll just lurk around the forums and read and learn for a while.

I appreciate everyone who replied, sincerely.
Mr. Kruse
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cookie,

Once you get read up on the stickies and Eater U, you can find plenty of scammers to bait "here." You can answer any of them as if they were sent to you (your baiter character).

Good luck and welcome to the Eater!

"STUPID MOFO...U NO GET MONEY BUY CC....FUCKIN BROKE N#%%&" - Lee Gatsby, CC Mogul

Closed lad accounts X 297
Spain x3 United Kingdom x51 Cambodia Flag x2 France x5 United States x17 South Africa x5 Ghana x18 x17 China x2 Malaysia x2 Ivory Coast x3 Germany x3 Benin x3 Switzerland Netherlands Canada Flag Pakistan Filipino flag Belgium Burkina Faso Denmark Australia Indonesia Turkey Thailand
Easter Egg 2013
Sand Timer Anita and Tex
$7,715 so far of bad checks captured.

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic