SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Am i in danger?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
toonmokka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Recently my mom fell a victim of a AFF scam, the guy posed as an engineer working in Ukraine. She fell for him, and since i am new to all of this, i did not suspect anything, until 2 months later. Or 2 weeks ago he asked her for $800 due to his daughter emergency. I quickly caught on. He asked to send the money to a guy in NJ. I managed to get the city, and tracked that guy down. This morning i sent him the address of the guy and asking him if that's the address i need to be sending the police to. He never replied, so i just told him i am not going to send anyone and please leave us alone. I never got a text from him after that. But i have been reading that these scammers are dangerous. Does this mean my mother and me are in danger?

Thank you
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need to go to our sister site, http://scamwarners.com and post the details there, and ask for help. If your mom is still talking to him, YES, she is in danger of losing money. the scammer cannot physically hurt her or you.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
LadWarrior
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The worst that this scammer could do is to use the info your mom sent him (ex. photos) to try and scam other victims with it. Apart from that, he's just going to move on and try to scam other victims. These scammers are used to having victims find out about them and drop them, and they scam many people at once, so it's no big deal for them. They often live very far away and there's practically 0 chance of them getting caught.

Now I'm not sure how he wanted your mom to send him the $800; I'll take a wild guess and venture for Western Union (am I right or no)? The problem with WU is that the scammer can collect the $$$ from anywhere in the world with the secret Question and Answer request. So even if he wants you to send the $$$ to NJ, he can collect it very easily in, say, South Africa. Maybe the address of the guy in NJ is totally legit, and the guy in NJ was just (un)lucky enough to have some of his contact info stolen, or maybe he's a mule who may or may not be aware of the scamming scheme he's participating in.

Either way, I would just advise you to sit down with your mom and go over the info the scammer may have obtained from her. Hopefully, there's nothing too compromising (just email, telephone, some photos, maybe address). Your mom might get more spam than usual in her email as sometimes scammers sell email addresses of people they consider 'gullible' to other scammers, or they come back later and assume another identity to try and scam the victim again.

You better stop what you are doing by bringing down the reputation of my website you piss of shit. I will make sure you rubbish is deleted. - puppy lad
we are not happy with you ok... am very big disappointed at you - debt payment company
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic