SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

HYIP sites- not AFF

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Father Moleman
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have found two Ponzi Schemes, although not AFF/419 they are still fraud nonetheless, which is why I have posted them in Misc. They are difficult to prove as fraud. but I have reported both. #1 should be dead soon and #2 may take a while longer.

#1 http://stockshares.page.tl/ **DEAD**
#2 http://online-investments.net/

EDIT- In case anyone is wondering why I'm killing these even though we deal with AFF, it is because to me fraud is fraud and now that I'm up to 82 fake sites killed its a good challenge Smile
thePenguin
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

how exactly do you "kill" these sites? I run into advertisements regularly, would like to help with that.

Regards

Penguin

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts - Sorry Paulette, don't you know I'm pescetarian?
Father Moleman
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Report them to the registrar. Please don't necro old threads though Wink
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@FM: Not really much of a necro, since everything here is still relevant.

@Penguin: The process for reporting sites that are fraudulent or phishing is pretty much the same as we use for phone lads or advance fee fraud sites.
You find proof or evidence and report them to their hosters and registrars. If you read the info in the fake sites forum, much of it will apply.

We don't work on them here, because they're not advance fee fraud, but feel free to report them on your own. There's no need to post them here (in fact, we prefer that you don't).

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
thePenguin
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK... Sorry for the necro - topic interested me, didn't look at the date... Smile. Anyway, thanks for the info. Guess I'll sign up for the site-killing tutorial here when I find the time - will probably be a good starting point, AFF related site or not.

Regards

Penguin

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts - Sorry Paulette, don't you know I'm pescetarian?
Father Moleman
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll be honest, I only killed that pyramid scheme site for the sig icon.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mostly, we never got around to messing with HYIP/Ponzi sites because there were others that did, and Eater/AA419 was more focused on the fake sites.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Father Moleman
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:
more focused on the fake sites.

100,000+ dead says it all.
thePenguin
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I gotta admit it... nice pyramid. I'll sign up for the site killing tutorial when I have time.

What kind of proof could this be, in the case of a HYIP?

Regards

Penguin

firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You hit the nail on the head with one of the biggest challenges about taking down HYIP sites - it is typically not nearly so straightforward to establish to a host that such sites are violating terms & services, compared to those that are outright fakes.

However some of the same kinds of evidence can be used against HYIP sites if you are keen to go after that sort of thing: particularly cases where the site owners are misrepresenting themselves or their businesses in a documentable fashion. As TSnerd already mentioned, this discussion doesn't happen here as it's beyond the scope of the site. Oddly enough the best anti-HYIP discussions seem to be on HYIP forums.... especially when it comes to identifying those that may be fraudulent.

However keep in mind that if you go to such forums, they tend to be populated and moderated by people who believe that some HYIPs are legitimate and worth doing (and they may even have some official policies that forbid criticism of some "favourites"). And some may be so convincing that previously skeptical individuals are drawn into undesirable "deals". Often this leads to people who are more generally involved in anti-fraud activities being unceremoniously booted from such forums (myself included, back in the olden days).

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

About 10 years ago I was really active on reporting HYIPs.

Here is a sample abuse report I sent to registrar & higher level up.

I receive a few responses. You just need to point out they can get screwed if they continue to host them.

Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam:

The site www.xxxxxxxxxx.com which is currently hosted using your server(s) and/or resources is home to an HYIP (High Yield Investment Program.) This site is both in violation of your Terms of Service and illegal for three reasons:

1) The site advertises it's services through unsolicited commercial e-mail (SPAM), including the use of unsolicited commercial e-mail which fails to meet the regulations set forth by the CAN-SPAM Act.

2) The site fails to implement protections against the collection of personal data, or prevent the financial involvement of persons under the age of 13, as required by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.

3) The site actively advertises a "High Yield Investment Program", or HYIP. These programs are illegal in many countries, the United States included; only authorized parties are legally permitted to invest money on another's behalf, or to accept such payments as the site is soliciting. Such phrases as "earn 300% on your money in 24hours" are clear indications of this illicit activity. Furthermore, many sites claiming to operate as "High Yield Investment Programs" are in fact Ponzi schemes, also illegal in the United States (in addition to many other countries around the globe.)

Therefore, in light of these reasons set forth, upon receipt of this message, we request that you IMMEDIATELY remove, disable, or otherwise terminate access to "www.12dailyprodouble.com ". If possible, forward/redirect traffic to the US Securities and Exchange Commission's informational page, located at "http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm " Doing so will help educate potential victims, and help reduce the success of this type of fraud.

Should you fail to prevent said access, despite receipt of this message, you may become liable for any loss incurred by participants in this scheme. A record of this message is archived, and will be provided to law enforcement in addition to other involved parties, should action not be immediately taken.

Thank you for your cooperation,
XXXXX - Part of a group to stop spam and scams.

P.S. it also looks like this IP hosts a pharmacy site that spams: www.xxxxxx.com and an ex-fake bank (that is now dead) www.xxxxxxx.com

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic