SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Are talktalk any good now? UK

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got myself one those BT phones (BT8500) that blocks nuisance calls, but needs caller ID to get the best performance from. I'm with BT and phoned customer service (never a good idea on a Sunday) to add caller ID, but had a really torturous conversation with a call centre in India. I somehow ended up getting marched down an a down-grade, up-grade alley and not 100% sure what it is I've signed up for?? Confused

Anyway, I get a fourteen day cooling off period and the nice lady (who would make a great phone baiter Laughing) did put me down for a call back from BT to discuss package deals. So maybe I can find out exactly what just happened when they contact me.

BT are quite expensive and I was thinking of giving Talktalk a second go, after having problems with them years ago with a technical problem, that to be fair to BT, they settled in hours what Talktalk didn't manage to do in six months when I finally gave up on Talktalk and dutifully went back to BT. You get what you pay for with phone providers don't you?

The other problem is, they all want to sell phone, BB and tv packages these days. All I want is phone and BB. Anyone here with Talktalk who can give feedback? I believe they include caller ID at no extra charge?

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
username1939
Something the mods dream up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have the BT8500 and we are on Karoo (Hull), we turned off the fancy bit, that the call blocker, and just inputed all the numbers that we call. We also have caller id, no charge, and just let the answerphone bit deal with it, (it's easier). If I/we can help further, please pm me.

< --- my first
x5
Closed lad accounts < --- my first pink
Closed lad accounts x4
Go Gold

Never you insult me again. Never you write such to me. I am not begging you into this transfer, if you do not want to work with me call it a quit and never you write such to my mail box again.

Have a nice day. Mr. Richard Michel
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ OK, thanks.

You don't need caller ID, but leaving call guard on, means callers need to announce themselves every time they call. Which will probably result in getting no calls at all. Laughing Twisted Evil

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
username1939
Something the mods dream up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

call guard for us is a PITA, so we switched it off and just used the caller id

< --- my first
x5
Closed lad accounts < --- my first pink
Closed lad accounts x4
Go Gold

Never you insult me again. Never you write such to me. I am not begging you into this transfer, if you do not want to work with me call it a quit and never you write such to my mail box again.

Have a nice day. Mr. Richard Michel
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Just to butt into this item have a BT 4500 and was with BT, but after putting up with their call centre in India it seems if the problem is not in the manual in front of them, then you are passed on to someone else till you give up. I use to work with a mixed group of Asians and they could find it very hard to make the staff in India understand.

Switched to Virginmedia (British call centre) now they are teamed up with TalkTalk, been warned at my Computer centre not to deal with TalkTalk, you have a hard job changing providers.

Now with PlusNet.net monthly cost is lower and have a broadband cable from the master socket, around the outside of the house to where my computer is, still waiting to get broadband to the town.

Call centre is based in Sheffield, Yorkshire.

Only problem in the early days, e-mails I was receiving from customer services use to have "We have raised a Question on your behalf" I had no idea what they were talking about, later because I had not opened the messages, that had to write to me, turned out to be instructions on the connection progress on my broadband.

They only do phone and BB.

Before my printer could start to ring before the telephone rang, now it has no connection the telephone does not ring just sorts of bleat's.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with talktalk and have problems with upload speeds. call centre staff focus on download speed and can't do anything to speed up upload.

Apart from that any problems are usually sorted out pretty quickly.

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use TalkTalk.

Been with them for 3 years now. Longest I've been with any phone/internet company. They're cheaper than anyone I've used before and also more reliable.
Never had a problem with them and I'll renew the contract when it comes up.

They do give you the occasional call wanting to sell you something but if you tell the person on the other end of the phone you're not interested, they don't bother you again.

I have the TV as well (which I got for my 3 kids as I have SKY) but there's no reason AFAIK, why you can't get just net and phone.

And that's a Yes to Caller-ID.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Munchkin
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mother in laws contact details were somehow leaked out, She got a call from someone posing as Microsoft, But worrying enough they knew even her account number from Talk Talk, Safe to say she has now changed.....
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use talktalk and they are ok with decent speed and uptime. I got just the phone and ADSL package.
Downside; the router they gave me was a D-Link unit which was rubbish and wouldn't support a VPN. buying my own Netgear router fixed this perfectly and it's still a good deal cheaper than BT even including the router.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic