SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

"Merry Christmas" or "The Adventures of Wild

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I baited a lad over the Holidays. I think this lad was experienced since he baled right after he found out the victim had a grandson with computer savvy. Still, it was fun.

Scammer/lad: Mrs Margaret Loughrey
Baiter/hero: William “Bill” Hickok III, crusty 72-year-old rancher from Montana, U.S.A.

18 December 2014

[Standard Lad scam letter, although I'm still trying to figure out how someone can start with 26 million of anything and pay out 10 million to 10 people.My calculator must be on the fritz. Or was it 1 million? This lad is very confused.]

My name is Mrs Margaret Loughrey of Carlton Drive, Winner of EuroMillion Lottery, won the sum of 26,863,588.20 Pounds, I want to give away ten Million pounds to 10 people around the world which they have to put in good use to better the life of people around there region,This is a Christmas gift from the bottom of my heart.so am contacting you now because you where among 9 others who benefit from Me, Now all you have to do is to get back to me with your name,Phone Number and Address, So I can verify you before release the cash worthy 1 million Pounds.Merry Christmas to you and your family..God bless you..

Mrs Margaret Loughrey

20 December 2014

[Standard scam bait response]

Mrs Margaret,

As I have always been a Godfearing man and done my best to better the life of people, I gladly accept your generous offer.

Yours,
Bill

20 December 2014

[This lad is fast! Maybe too fast note the 24-hour deadline. Hmm, he's not asking for money, yet. Looks like he/she is going to let the “courier company” lower the hatchet. Smooth.]

Dear Friend,

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your last email and to confirm your reliability in this donation.My previous circumstances had influenced my decision to help other people.I knows what it's like to have nothing.That's why i am giving away money to help people from various countries.I want you to know that this is an opportunity for you to help the less privilege people around your region.You see after taken care of my needs,I voluntarily decided to donate the sum of £ 1,000,000.00 pounds Sterling to you as part of my own charity project to improve the life of 10 unknown lucky individuals all over the world plus 4 close friends and family members .I have decided to do this charitable donation to other individuals around the world who can also be of great help those in need, the local fire department, the Red Cross, Haiti, hospitals, developing countries that are undergoing famine and intense Hardship , Development of communities that needs medical aid where they treat people with cancer, and some other organizations in Asia ,Europe , Africa  that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes where not left out. The bulk of the funds we are donating have been deposited with an affiliate authorized Bank , the payout bank of this charity donation scheme. "Children's charities are close to my heart, so we will be exploring how we can use this money to help those charities.

Recently,i discovered a huge number of double claims due to beneficiary's informing close friends relatives, attorneys and third parties about their donations. As a result, these close friends, relatives, attorneys and third parties tried to claim the donation sum on behalf of the real recipients hereby causing problems for the courier to deliver the draft. Please be informed that any double claim discovered in the disbursement process, will certainly result to the cancellation of that particular donation, making a loss for both the double claimer and the real beneficiary, as it is taken that the real recipient was the informer to the double claimer about the donation. So you are hereby advised to keep your information;s strictly confidential until your claim has been fully recovered.

You are required to make contact with the delivery company as soon as possible, and discuss with them how your cheque would be delivered to your home address in your country and you will be informed about the cost of delivery by the courier company in charge of your certified cheque of [1 million pounds ($1.56 million)] .
You will need to contact Treshold Courier Service which is our accredited delivery company.You are to reach them with the information below.

CONTACT INFORMATION
Treshold Courier Service
Name:Mr Paul Woods
Director of delivery Service
Tel: +447045720396
Email: [email protected]

You are to contact them with the following information within the next 24 hour

Note This Form Must be filled and sent to the Coureir

1. Full name:
2. Address where you would want the parcel delivered to.
3. Telephone Number

Please note that upon your contact with Mr Paul Woods, you are to provide him with your Donation Code Number [Xmas/2014/10111] so that he will be sure that i sent you. Please endeavor to keep me fully informed on all developments with the courier company so that i can also monitor the delivery process through a feedback from you.I look forward to your prompt response, should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me as soon as you possibly can.

Your follow up and full cooperation is highly anticipated.

Best Regards,
Mrs Margarat

22 December 2014

[Now for some bad news.]

Dear Mrs. Margaret,

I'm sendin this letter to apologize to you. Ya see, I just now saw your kind email you sent
late Saturday tellin me to contact that courier company within 24 hours. And of
course I realise now is just too dad gum late. I feel real bad too becuase I had a whole
passle of charities I could have used that money for. Like the Fire Dept. needin a new
engine, my annual gifts to Toys for tots and the Make a wish Foundation. Not to mention the
Northern Plains school for girls and orphans over in Lodge Grass (them folks on the Indian
reservation are always needin something and I'm more than happy to help). Well that's how
the horse cookies crumble as we say around here. When ya run 800 head of USDA prime bison on a 1,000 acre spread like I do ya sometimes miss out on the little things in life and it looks like this is just one of em, I guess. Plus I couldn't have responded on Sunday, anyway, it bein the Lord's day and all. I don't do any money related business on the Sabbath. My wife would skin me alive if I tried that!

Before I sign off I just have to say that while I understand your tryin to be careful, this
whole idea about usin a courier company is plum crazy. Hell even out here in the ass end of
nowhere we use things like Western Union, Moneygram and bank wire transfers. Every one of those things is faster, safer and cheaper than countin on some courier to deliver somethin
for ya. The wire transfer even creates a paper trail you can use for your business records.
Well bein a woman and all I guess your not real knowlegable on how things work out in the
real world, so that's understandable I suppose. Any way you have a Merry Christmas and best of luck gettin that money out to folks who need it. As far as I can tell with the way your
goin about things, your gonna need all the luck you can get.

All the best in your blessed endeavor,
Bill Hickok III

22 December 2014

[“not late yet”, huh? Ya could have knocked me over with a feather!]

Dear Friend,

Thank you so much for your email. Its not late yet something can still be done.I have been waiting to receive your email.The reason i said we should use courier its because its cheaper than using a bank to bank transfer,Here in England the tax charges are too high and also they will request for COT fee.Western union has limit,there is no way we can send 1 million pounds via western union.

I wanted us to finish this transaction before my trip to India to help the less privilege people. If you insist on using a bank to bank transfer i will send you the contact details of the bank so you can signup an offshore account where the funds will be deposited.After that you can make the transfer from your online offshore account to your local account.

The content of your mail gave me guarantee that you will put this funds in good use.Thanks for been open to me.Let me know your preferable option,if it is BANK  TO BANK TRANSFER OR COURIER.

I await your reply

Regards
Mrs Margaret

23 December 2014

[Oops! The old fart made the mistake of giving Maggy his information instead of the courier comapany!! This old sourdough must have taken too many bison kicks to the head.]

Dear Mrs. Margaret,

Praise the Lord and pass the ketchup. That's the best gol dern news I've had all day! There's gonna be a whole lot of youngsters have a better Christmas thanks to you and your kind heart. I sent my wife Pearl and youngest boy Joe over to Billings to make some extra special purchases purchases already.

Listen, I know what your sayin about them tax men tryin to squeeze ya for your last dollar. We got the same kind a lowlife sidewinders over on this side of the pond too. And there I was thinkin you were crazier than a bag a jack rabbits till you mentioned them lilly livered galoots. Well, I ain't too proud to admit when I'm wrong. You just tell that courier fella to head on out to the Little Bighorn Ranch. We're just a few miles outside of Hardin Montana. The address here is Little Bighorn Ranch, Route 4, Montana 59019. You also tell that fella all he has to do is go to the only gas station in town and talk to Bill Hodges. Bill owns and runs the station and he's also a good friend of mine. He'll make sure your courier don't get lost between town and the ranch.

Now me and my two oldest boys, Adam & Hoss, will be bustin out of here shortly with some of the hands to round up some strays. But I should be within shoutin distane of the house most of the day, tomorrow and, a course, we'll be home all the next day for Christmas. We'll see that he's all set for his trip home either way. This time of year don't nobody stop by the ranch without getting fed and loaded with a heep of Christmas cheer.

Mrs. Margaret, I just can't tell you how much this will mean to the folks out here in Eastern Montana. God bless you for helpin make the lives of the poor and needy a little better and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Sincerely,
Bill Hickok III

27 December 2014

[The lovely Mrs. Margaret sends Bill another email informing him that she has passed his information along to the courier company, along with another request that Bill send the same information to the same courier company. These lads are REALLY obssessed with sticking to their script! All that's left now is for the “courier” to get stuck at the airport in need of money to pay customs.]

Dear Friend,

How are you doing today.I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. As i have told you on my previous email,I traveled to India to support the less privilege people over there.I have spoken to the courier company on behalf of you and they are waiting to receive an email from you, before they can commence on the delivery of your cheque. Please get in contact with the courier company with the below details.

Treshold Courier Service
Name: Mr Paul Woods
Email: [email protected]

Keep me informed on any new development..Happy Christmas and a Prosperous new year..

Margaret

29 December 2014

[William “Bill” Hickok responds as instructed, cc to Margaret's email address. Just a note for the uninitiated: Searches for “Treshold Courier Service” and the “Mrs. Margaret Faoundation” turn up nothing, of course. And the web adress is listed with a company in Hong Kong! Note: I have to give these lads credit, as both IPs used register from Redmond, Washington. Well, they've “foiled” an IP address search from discovering they're in Africa but Redmond, WA still isn't exactly jolly old England, then, is it? It's enough to put one off their tea!]

(header) Information you already have

Mr Paul Woods
Treshold Courier Service

Dear Mr. Woods,

I've been asked by a customer of yours, a Mrs. Margaret Loughrey, to give you some information about me that she already gave you a few days ago. Why you folks can't just go ahead and do your job is beyond me but, since there is a substantial amount of money involved for helping the poor and needy, I'm sendin you this email with the requested information. Here it is again. Please write it down somewhere it won't get lost. My name is William Hickok III. I ain't got a phone because I don't need one and they're just a dad gum waste of time and money. But you can always reach me at this email address. My home address is Little Bighorn Ranch, Route 4, Montana 59019. Anything else ya need to know just drop me a line.

Sincerely,

William "Bill" Hickok III

[And to Mrs. Margaret. To give the lad credit, he/she is keeping all previous emails in the body of each new email. Smart for keeping your scam letters straight.]

Dear Mrs. Margaret,

We did have a joyous and wonderful Christmas here at the ranch. Thank you kindly for askin. I hope you and your family had a joyous and wonderful Christmas holiday, too. I just sent an email to that courier company givin them the same information about that I already gave you and you already gave them. I've got to say that it don't speak very well for a company that needs that many people givin them the same information in order for them to make a simple delivery. But I think I know what's goin on, there. I also made sure to cc you so you could stay in the loop, as you asked.

Tell me the truth, now. This "company" is run by your brother in law, ain't it? And because he ain't too bright, he needs to be told everything two or three times before it registers in his brain. Well don't worry. I know how important it is to "hire the handicapped". Fact is, a few of my hands here on the ranch are differently challenged. And for the most part, they make for fine workers. Just remember not to shake their hand unless you know where they've been! Am I right? Anyhoo, we was wonderin why we hadn't seen hide nor hair of that courier fella, but it's all clear now.

Well, enough talkin shop. I'm headin over to Billings to arrange for a newer truck for our Fire Department. I also need to check on an order of winter coats I placed with Sears for the orphanage and school for girls. Ya might remember me mentioning some "special purchases". Well, these coats are one of them. I can't wait to see the smiles on the faces of those kids! But I don't need to tell you how good that feels, now do I?

I've got to go now. The grandkids are out there honkin the horn in the drive way. I swear, don't nobody love goin into town more than a bunch a kids. You take care and rest assured your money is bein put to good use.

Sincerely,

Bill Hickok III

[Oops! My bad. I thought this was a variation on the “courier-stuck-in-the-airport” scam, but it's just the old “send-us-money-to-deliver-the-cheque-to-you” scam. Either way, by the looks of this very official-looking letter, these lads are anxious to get some cash from Mr. Hickok!]

WE SEND BY AIR. WE SEND BY VAN.
THRESHOLD COURIER SERVICES©
THRESHOLD COURIER SERVICE
Address:  16, Broad St,
Enderby, Leicester LE19 4AA,
United Kingdom.: 

THRESHOLD PLUS DELIVERY ENSURES YOUR PRODUCTS ARE SAFELY INSIDE AND DELIVER SUCCESSFULLY.

Dear Customer: Mr. William Hickok III 

We are a well established courier  company and transport services 24 hour a day for priority delivery of letters, parcels and consignments to any destination by road, air or sea. We have a substantial team of couriers available for motorcycle dispatch plus van driver couriers in all size vehicles from small vans up to 7.5 tone and international couriers for dispatch by road, sea or air. Threshold delivery option ensures that our customer’s purchase is placed inside the first safe entryway and never, ever left on a porch or at a curb or outside a garage where it is subject to theft, Our delivery team will take the time out to let our customers examine and open the packaging to inspect the product inside to ensure that it is in pristine condition. In fact, we instruct consignees to do just that and not to simply sign for a package they have not inspected.

Our customers have the opportunity upon inspection, to take a short delivery printed right on the delivery receipt telling us about the experience and indicating if there is any damage to either the packaging or the product itself. We image the delivery receipt and keep it in on file for your review. delivery team and consignee signatures are view-able on the delivery receipt. This service level does not require our delivery team to remove packaging or to move existing furniture. According to our delivery regulations, you are required to choose one of the delivery option that is most convenient for you, After you have meet up with the delivery requirement and your delivery payment has been confirmed, we shall instruct our delivery team to proceed with the delivery of your grant award to your representative country of residence.

We use this medium to inform you that we where contacted by Mrs Margaret Loughrey Foundation, With reference to the delivery of your grant award amount of ($1,560,000.00 USD), you are to note that we are ready to disbursed this grant donation amount to you after you have been able to meet up with the grant delivery requirement, You are advice to adhere to our rules and regulations so that your grant award can be delivered to your home there in your representative country of residence. Please find below our delivery options which you are required to choose the one that is most convenient for you to enable our delivery team deliver your grant to your home address in (Little Bighorn Ranch, Route 4, Montana 59019. Western United States,) For your information our delivery team will be coming over to your home once we receive your delivery requirement.

Cost of delivery
(2 working days)
Mailing
£240.00
Insurance
£180.00
Vat (5%)
£100.00
TOTAL
£520.00

Cost of delivery
(4 working days)
Mailing
£210.00
Insurance
£140.00
Vat (5%)
£100.00
TOTAL
£450.00 

Note: we have been providing Home Delivery services to commerce and cataloger retailers for over 20 years now. This experience can not be coupled with our in-house developed technology, provides you with secure, reliable delivery and visibility of your package right through to your home. This service is mostly used for package that cannot be left outside in case the receiver customer is not home, This is a security measure put in place by the depositors of the cheque [ Mrs Margaret Loughrey Foundation ], to ensure that the amount issued on your cheque corresponds with the total amount that will be eventually be disburse to you. An attempt for us to act otherwise will certainly attract serious legal sanctions and the management is not ready to bear the risk.

Your grant prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the great cheque before remittance. This means that the above delivery charges cannot be deducted from the great prize and hence must be provided by you before your grant is delivered to you. This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the international gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3RD July 1996 by the constitutional assembly.This is to protect recipients and to avoid misappropriation of funds.

Mr Paul Woods
Director of Delivery Service
Direct Tel: +447031900215
The high speed home delivery leader!
===========================================================================================================
This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it.If you have received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
===========================================================================================================
© 1995-2015 Threshold Courier Service.

29 December 2014

[Old Bill may be living down on the ranch but he hasn't been living under a rock.]

Mr. Woods,

I got yer letter and have ta ask just what are you playin at? I've been in the ranchin business since before you was born and I have ta say I've seen my share of shake-downs. Our ranch has been shippin and receivin things since before either of us was born so don't think I don't see you comin from a mile off! That's right, ya see I already know how the shippin game works, so I know that don't no legitimate shippin business move nothin without shippin fees bein paid up front by the shipper - in this case that dear Mrs. Margaret. Now maybe you don't know but that package she hired you to send will be of great benefit to some very poor and needy folks. And I know that good woman well enough to know she wouldn't hand over a valuable package like that without  payin you to make sure it got delivered safe and proper.

Of course, you might also be one of those low-life scum who would see sick an destitute children go without just so you could make an extra buck. I don't care much what kind of person you are, either way, but I do care about little ones in need. As far as I'm concerned, there ain't no one lower nor meaner than the kind of gopher puke who would take food, clothing and shelter from a child in need, not to mention takin advantage of a kind-hearted woman who is tryin ta help those children.

So hears the deal, instead a tryin ta get paid twice ta do one job, I'll give ya this one chance to get off yer dead behind and deliver that package like Mrs. Loughrey already paid ya to do. Otherwise I'm goin to report you and your little scheme to your boss, Mrs. Loughrey, the F.B.I. and New Scotland Yard. Now do yer job. This ain't a request and I won't ask again.

Sincerely,

William Hickok III

[And a quick note to keep Mrs. Margaret in the loop...]

Dear Mrs. Margaret,

I just wanted ta let ya know that that courier company you hired got in touch with me to arrange delivery of yer check. They seemed a tad confused on a couple of things. But don't you worry because I set them straight right quick and I expect I'll be usin that money ta help folks who truly need it, just like you wanted, real soon.

Have a blessed and joyful new year.

Sincerely,

William Hickok III

31 December 2014

[Right on cue and right on script, our lad advises his/her victim, er partner, to do what he's told. But, seeing how it's New Year's eve, Wild Bill is busy with other things for a couple of days.]

Dear William,

In regards to your email. I want you to follow the courier company instructions so you can receive this donation successfully without complications,I am sorry for the late response to your email, As i have said in my previous conversation i am in India for my charity program, My motto is to make the world a better place for the less privilege people, because i have been in that situation, i know what it feels not to have. I am very happy you have the same orientation to help the less privilege people.

You have to pay for the courier charges so that this delivery can be made to  you Mr William. I await to get a positive response from you..Happy new year to you and your family..

Mrs Margaret

2 January 2015

[Unfortunately, there is a wrinkle. Isn't that always the way it goes?]

Dear Mrs. Margaret,

We had a real rootin tootin New Year's eve party over to the Church. And thank you fer askin. We even had real champaign to ring in the new year! Of course, I only drink that stuff once a year. I prefer bourbon, myself. Still, we had a grand ol time. How was your celebration? Good, I hope. Although I don't know what them east Indians do to celebraate other than goin fer a swim in that sacred river of theirs.

As for that courier fella, I'd be more than happy to pay for delivery of that check but there's just one problem. Ya see, I got me a feelin in my gut about that fella when he first started askin me to pay for a delivery I was sure you had already paid him fer. So I had my grandson Brent do some checkin on the internet. I swear that boy at 15 knows more about this computer stuff than just about anybody else on the planet! Do you know he went on there and found a Christmas gift for my pet buffalo. Now, I know ol Bob doesn't appreciate getting a gift like humans do. But it's the thought that counts, ain't it?. But enough about that. The upshot is that he couldn't find so much as a whisker about them rascals.

Mrs. Margaret, I'm afraid you've put yer trust in a two legged varmint. Over here we call em “confidence men” or “con men”. I expect you'll need to get hold of your ban right quick and put stop payments on any checks you've handed over to that Mr. Woods. Shoot, that probably ain't even his real name. Then you'll want to get yourself a real courier service that's licensed, insured and bonded, and who issues you paperwork after receiving payment up front. That way everything gets done right and proper right out of the shute.

If, with you havin over 29 million pounds, yer still too poor to pay that piddlin fee, I'll be happy ta pay it fer ya. Just send me the particulars on a real, bona fide courier company and I'll have my ranch manager send ya a check. Oh, and while yer at it, I'll need any and all information you can give about yer charitable foundation. Or I can have my grandson go on the internet and check you out, if you'd rather.

Cheers and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Sincerely,

William Hickok III

6 January 2015

[...and a little nudge to seeif thereis any life left in this horse.]

Dear Mrs Margaret

So, are we gonna do this thing or not? Here it is the new year and them kids over to the orphanage still need food clothes and warm blankets. Now, I know ya thought ya had a good thing goin with that courier fella. And I know findin a new courier ya can trust can seem like a big job. But the factis that this sort of thing happens all the time and ya just have ta move on. Like I said before, all ya need to do is find a courier company thats bonded and insured. What, with you livin in England and bein a wealthy world traveler and all, I'm sure that won't be a problem. Am I right?

Listen, you take care and let's get them kids taken care of.

Sincerely,

Bill Hickok III

8 January 2014

[Looks like our lad has scampered off. Must be a fairly experienced lad. So there was nothing left other than to hurl a few insults his way via email (to which he did not respond) and bid him a fond farewell.]
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[“Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in.” Either this lad has some experience or they brought in a closer lad. Either way, ya gotta love the pep talk!]

Dear William,

Your email was received. I am not really happy with the way you spoke to me. As i have said in my previous mail to you. I told you i was on a trip to India to establish my Charity Foundation. My Foundations is not well recognized that is what i am working towards.

When I give you my time, I’m giving you a portion of my life that I will never get back. Please don’t make me regret it. You have gotta wake up every morning and ask yourself,   How bad do you want it?” How much work are you willing to put forth for the things and people you want and need in your life? Nothing great comes without effort. But I promise you that if it’s something of great meaning in your heart and something you need in your life…Every risk, Every step and Every drop of sweat will be worth it. If you feel you are still interested in receiving this great donation from me. I am in London now so i can handle this.

Regards
Mrs Margaret
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

19 January 2015
[It will be interesting to see what, if any response this letter gets.]
Dear Margaret (if that's really yer name),

I don't give a rat's butt whether you like the way I speak to you or not. It ain't me who needs the money yer offerin - it's the the poor and destitute people who need help in my community what need it. I already told ya just a few of the things I do told help out in my community and I don't need to answer to the likes of you.

But I'm willing to give you one more chance to show me that yer for real. All you have to do is provide me with the street address of this Foundation of yers, so I can have my grandson look it up on the internet and verify that it's real. Then provide me with the contact information of a real, verifiable, bonded & insured courier company and I'll be happy to pay the delivery cost of this supposed check.

If ya refuse any of this then yer just another banana-sucking bush baby as far as I'm concerned and God will be yer judge.

Yours truly,

Bill Hickok III
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice start, Thursten-only one thing...we don't advise "burning" the lad, ie letting them know you are skeptical or think they're a scammer. This gives the lad a chance to improve his script to make it more believable. For instance, your lad could just steal an address from a real building.

There than that, keep'em coming!

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, Capone, for the tip. I know I'm still a rank amateur at this, so I appreciate any help I can get! In my defense, I did tell them that I wanted the address to verify them, so a fake address would be pretty easy to debunk. Plus, since I've gone down this path, I'll just have to see it through to the end. I'm thinking I can always pretend to be satisfied with the fake address, but I do see your point about helping the lads with their scams.

Last edited by Thursten3rd on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[I really thought the jig was up after my last letter. But this lad is on task and on script! Looks it's time for lawyer lad to swoop in.]

21 January 2015

Williams,
How are you doing today. I just want to info you that my Lawyer is processing the needed documents to complete this transactions. I will
keep you informed as soon as the donation certificate is out and also the letter of Guarantee will be sent to you. I hope you are your family are doing great.
Mrs Margaret

[But "Wild" Bill doesn't like lawyers...]

22 January 2015

Mrs. Margaret,

Either I didn't make myself clear or you don't understand plain English. But before I repeat myself, you need to know that I ain't gonna deal with some low-life, scum-sucking lawyer. In all my years, I ain't met a one that was any better than a sneakin snake.

Now let me try to put this in words you'll understand.
1. Provide me with the street address of this Foundation of yers, so I can have my grandson look it up and verify that it's real.
2. Provide me with the contact information of a real, verifiable, bonded & insured courier company.

No dancin around. No dad gummed lawyers. Just the information I asked for. Then we''l (sic) see about payin someone some money.

Sincerely,
Bill Hickok III
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[No response in nearly a week so, inspired by advice received on this very forum, I decided to wipe the slate clean and see if I can fish this lad off the bottom by offering a new maga. Enter Mr. Hickok's daughter. For the grammar police, please cut Jane some slack. Her father just suffered a stroke, after all!!]

Dear Mrs. Loughrey,

My name is Mrs. Jane Calamity. I am Mr. Hickok's daughter and I am writing to you at his request. I am sorry to say that Mr. Hickok suffered a stroke and was rushed to the hospitol early Saturday Morning. He is now resting comfortably at home but complications related to his current condition have made it necessary for others to takeresponsibility for any projects he has been personally involved with.

The main reason for this letter is that I have been asked to take charge of the project he was working on with you. Unfortunately, my father has only given me your name and contact information, along with the instruction “no lawyers” (whatever that means!), and that your business is involved in some kind of charity work. Mrs. Loughery, I feel like I'm working in the dark here. But charity work is a passion of mine and I am sure we can see this project through and help people who truly need it.

Warmest regards,

Jane Calamity
Little Bighorn Rnch
Hardin, Montana
U.S.A.

P.S. I usually keep things more formal, but I have a good feeling about you. To my family and friends, I'm just Jane. Since I feel that we are goingto be good friends, please just call me Jane.
huskywowzer
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thoroughly enjoyed this! It literally made me Laugh Out Loud! This is giving me great ideas for my character development. So far my character is just a plain ol' business man. No flair. No cheek. I guess I'll have to change that soon.

By the way, did Margaret ever reply back to you?

I loved this! It made my night. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all, thank you huskywowzer, for your words of encouragement. And thanks to Capone for helping steer me along my path.

As for dear Maggie, he has so far been MIA. "Jane" has sent one last email to see if he'll come back, which I will post once I'm reasonably sure the bait is finished.

BTW, there are literally a gazillion great ideas for characters on this site (not to mention many laugh-out-loud baits). It's both humbling and entertaining at the same time!

Good hunting...
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it looks like the lad has moved on. So, once again, I bid him fond farewell...

3 February 2015

Dear Mrs. Loughrey,

I hope this letter finds you well. Since you have not responded to my initial email, I must conclude that you have either decided not to help the children in need in our community or that perhaps were never interested in doing so. And I don't mind telling you that I was feeling very sad at this prospect.

Well, the reason I am writing to you is to let you know that I forgive you and wish you all the best in your charitable giving. As it happens, we were recently contacted by another wealthy woman who wants to help those in need in our community with a donation of 9 million dollars. Her name is Mrs. Joyce Ballo and she lives right here in the U.S. We remain very grateful that you were kind enough to offer us your assistance but, as you can see, we no longer need your contribution.

We, here at the Ranch, wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Jane Calamity
Little Bighorn Ranch
Hardin, Montana
U.S.A.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic