SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Any Ideas?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scamzilla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received an email from a lad today, sent to an email account I have never used for baiting, not even once. Standard AFF letting me know I have beneficiary money coming to me. The issue I am having here is that they used my RL dad's name. And not only that, but they used a family nickname for him that few outside our family know. No one in my family, other than me, has attempted baiting. Im sure the first bit of advise I will get is to not bait this lad, but fear not, that is the last thing in the world that I would do. But I would like to know if any of you may have some theories as to how this lad may have come by this info. I am more than a little angry about this and I have to figure this out, if only to protect what lite sanity I have left. If any mods want more details let me know and I will send a PM.

dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is odd. My first thought would be that someone phished an email account of a family member or close friend?

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
TheLoneHaranguer
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If a scammer knows your dad's name/nickname, I think it's likely that either your dad or someone else in your family has had their email compromised.

I'd spread the word and tell your friends and family to change their passwords and check their sent logs.

Safari T.W.A.T Vcamera Pastor Omar (Edo->N'Djamena->Abeche): "I have been slept in tached huts in the Sahara deserts"
Safari x3 T.W.A.T Vcamera x3 Tattoo Rev. Prosper (Lagos->Timbuktu): "I have never been in to this type of thing in my life and you called it enjoyment"
Easter 2015 Vcamera Goat Jack Boot
Mortar

House Haranguer: Alone we stand, together we thrive

"trust is hard to build until the foot step of trust has been stepped" Jammy King, getting philosophical

"i HAVE WRITTEN 73 MESSAGES TO YOU WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?" Rev. Boutin Dickson, not getting it
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic