SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Article about carers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
username1939
Something the mods dream up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I make no appolgies for posting this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30290967

< --- my first
x5
Closed lad accounts < --- my first pink
Closed lad accounts x4
Go Gold

Never you insult me again. Never you write such to me. I am not begging you into this transfer, if you do not want to work with me call it a quit and never you write such to my mail box again.

Have a nice day. Mr. Richard Michel
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

About time us carers came to the fore, I'm fully entitled to carers allowance and have to tell the Government Department every time my finances change, so my allowance can be adjusted, just one problem, I'm fully entitled to the allowance BUT I do not get it.

The reason is because its means tested (Household income is totalled up and over a certain figure its not paid), this is happening to a lot of disabled people here in the UK, so don't believe anything about the UK government caring for the disabled, they don't. rant over for now. Mad Sad

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Some Buddy At Home
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fo'andles - it's the same in the US. Some states have what is called IHSS (In Home Social Services). They come to your home, evaluate what your needs are and then they tell you how much you qualify for and how many hours you qualify for. You then hire someone to perform those duties. The pay is usually around minimum wage, so you really can't find someone to perform certain duties, like dispensing medication, for minimum wage. At least someone who is certified to do so. I don't mind paying someone minimum wage to drive me to the doctor's, but to give me shots is another thing. A lot of families hire other family members to do the caretaker's duties. It's still not enough for the family member to quit their day job and live on a caretaker salary.

It is also based on income. It's why my fiancé and I are not married. If you co-mingle your income, you are pretty much disqualified for anything. We have to keep everything separate, down to the penny. We don't have IHSS, as I receive too much money from my SSDI, which is a joke in itself. I have my own business, but with SSDI, you're only allowed to make certain amounts of money before the benefits are taken away, so I only pick up work here and there for some extra cash. I am not well enough to work full time, but hoping in a year or so I will, but with MS, you never know what can happen.

It's disgusting that wealthiest of nations don't care about the sick, elderly and disabled. It's only slightly better than less developed countries. But not much...

my rant over

I do want to thank each and every one of you who are care-givers! You do a job, without pay (or enough) because YOU DO CARE! You also need breaks, which are hard to come by as caring for a disabled person is so emotionally and physically demanding. I do hope for the holidays, you get some time off and are able to enjoy yourself.

Rosy scams cancer victim, Derrick-NV classic!
US Safari 8 Safaris & 21K miles!- Pain inflicted by Juan Freizwidatt & Capone
The One, The Only PIG$ -What can't GTmama do to the pig?
New Users FAQ Goat Flying Monkey
metamit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent article. I've been on both sides of the coin. I needed a caregiver for a few years until we got my MCTD into remission (mostly). I am a care giver now to my youngest son who has special needs, and before I got sick, my other son who up until he was 4 was special needs. It is a full time job and I know that when I was sick it was a lot on my husband to take care of me and our kids. Being on both sides of the coin really gives you an appreciation for those you care for, that's for sure. Especially like was mentioned above when you can't get help because you're "over income".

People become care-givers because they care and mostly get little to no thanks from anyone. It would be great to see more articles like that to shed light on the sacrifices so many make for the people they love. That article touched my heart for sure.

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Closed lad accounts x274 Mortar
Senegal Nigeria Ivory Coast United States Burkina Faso Benin Japan Ghana Cambodia Flag Togo United Kingdom Spain United Arab Emirates Germany Thailand Ukraine Turkey Italy South Africa Malaysia Canada

"We apologize for the derangement caused to you. Thank you for understanding." - "Maitre Robert", lawyer-lad

Easter 2015
username1939
Something the mods dream up

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At 5 a.m. this morning I had to call an ambulance for my caree. Thankfully he was released 3.5 hours later. I don't like hospitals (white coat syndrome) but today they could not have done more.
1 ambulance responder and a 3 person ambulance team turned up.
WELL DONE NHS

< --- my first
x5
Closed lad accounts < --- my first pink
Closed lad accounts x4
Go Gold

Never you insult me again. Never you write such to me. I am not begging you into this transfer, if you do not want to work with me call it a quit and never you write such to my mail box again.

Have a nice day. Mr. Richard Michel
metamit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Well I'm glad to hear that your caree is OK. My husband has that same "syndrome" about hospitals LOL

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Closed lad accounts x274 Mortar
Senegal Nigeria Ivory Coast United States Burkina Faso Benin Japan Ghana Cambodia Flag Togo United Kingdom Spain United Arab Emirates Germany Thailand Ukraine Turkey Italy South Africa Malaysia Canada

"We apologize for the derangement caused to you. Thank you for understanding." - "Maitre Robert", lawyer-lad

Easter 2015
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic