SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

more scammers arrested

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
username1939
Something the mods dream up

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A man and a woman have been charged in connection with a continuing investigation into a £2m fraud in south-west England.

Shameem Mohammed Ali, 43, and Atif Mohammed, 23, both from Glasgow, were arrested in the city on Thursday.

They have been charged with conspiracy to commit fraud and money laundering offences, police said.

Some 300 mainly elderly people, including victims in Wiltshire and Devon, have been tricked out of money.

A 45-year-old man who has also been arrested as part of Operation Zephyr remains in police custody, a spokesman said.

Police said the scam involved criminals phoning victims, who were normally elderly, and pretending to be a police officer.

They were then encouraged by a fraudster, who used "elaborate and convincing" reasons to withdraw large sums of cash, which they were then asked to send to a destination by taxi or a courier, or by electronic transfer to another bank account.

One of the victims, a 60-year-old woman from Salisbury, was duped out of £85,000, while a woman from Tiverton lost £13,000.

Other victims have been from the Wiltshire, Devon and Cornwall areas.

The pair appeared at Carlisle Magistrates Court earlier.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30052273

< --- my first
x5
Closed lad accounts < --- my first pink
Closed lad accounts x4
Go Gold

Never you insult me again. Never you write such to me. I am not begging you into this transfer, if you do not want to work with me call it a quit and never you write such to my mail box again.

Have a nice day. Mr. Richard Michel
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic