SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Spanish/Portguese scam letter sent to my home address

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
laughingcow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For the first time I received a 419 scam letter. It was postmarked from Portugal with a handwritten address. It claimed to actually be from someone in Spain who gave a Spanish phone number.
I am tempted to screw with the guy, I can speak Spanish and some Portuguese which might add to the fun but the fact that he has my real home address is a little worrisome (I am based in the USA). Interesting that I know that he got my details from my property records which are freely available (my name is misspelled in my official property title!).

Should I play around with this bozo or just leave well alone?

It's the usual story, large fortune guy and family died in Madrid train bombing, new Spanish banking laws blah blah blah...
I am just amused that the guy spent almost $1 to mail me this sad letter and bothered to write my name and address by hand.
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Allow me to be the first to tell you to drop the lad. Rule #1 in scambaiting is to bait safely, and if he has your home address you would obviously not be baiting safely. For the record, rules 2-10 are also "bait safely."

He has your real life information, so drop him. If you were bound and determined to have a go at him do so using a fake name/address and act like that character received the letter. . Odds are that he can't keep track of all the people he sent letters to. I would drop him if it was me though.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
the_doctor
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not an expert on this matters, but I believe that you could possibly bait him safely from a PO box, now, are you willing to pay the fee for the PO box and for each letter? if you are, then you could look into this possibility with your local postal office. if not, then it's not worth it

"Attention: FIRSTNAME LASTNAME"
"YOU PEOPLE MUST BE JOKING BYEEEEEEEEE" Reverend Doctor Kwame Teteh (the banker)
"Like playing with someone special in bitch!" Stephen
"you don't puss to the wall who the hell are you" Anna Fall

United Kingdom United States
Closed lad accounts Closed lad accountsClosed lad accountsClosed lad accountsClosed lad accounts
laughingcow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I am not dedicated enough to setup a PO Box. etc. Not sure if giving out his details for others to bait is an option either since I guess there is a slim possibility he might blame me and go for me though like you say I am sure he has sent plenty of these letters. Seems like a fairly expensive proposition though to send out letters international like this. I guess dot matrix printed letters from strangers are more convincing than junk email though...
the_doctor
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hahaha no problem, and By the way, welcome to baiter! feel free to bait them via internet... it is free!

"Attention: FIRSTNAME LASTNAME"
"YOU PEOPLE MUST BE JOKING BYEEEEEEEEE" Reverend Doctor Kwame Teteh (the banker)
"Like playing with someone special in bitch!" Stephen
"you don't puss to the wall who the hell are you" Anna Fall

United Kingdom United States
Closed lad accounts Closed lad accountsClosed lad accountsClosed lad accountsClosed lad accounts
laughingcow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really I was feeling lonely and felt like a chat and someone to practise spanish with.. could also take advantage of google hangouts feature of 1 minute of international calls for free. That said their rates to Europe are so cheap about 1-2cents/minute it's almost worth it either way.
Do people ever actually speak to lads on the phone taking advantage of things like google voice etc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic