SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First Attempt: Malaysian scam from dating app

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
murass
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is the background. I actually was looking for a date on a mobile app called Blendr. Since I’m over 50 I’m pretty suspicious anyway when a very cute, much younger woman is interested in me. The email here is where we started after chatting on the app. I’ve added commentary though out the email exchange. This was fun.

Any suggestions for the next time are welcome.

On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:32 PM, Dave <[email protected]> wrote:

It was nice chatting with you and would like to continue. Smile

Dave

To: Dave <[email protected]>;
Subject: Re: Dave from blendr
Sent: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 2:23:41 PM

thanksr the compliments

On Friday, 25 July 2014 1:04 AM, Dave <[email protected]> wrote:

You are welcome. You have a beautiful smile and lovely brown eyes. I'm doing well today. You working today? What kind of shop do you have?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

[b]<<Here is where I first notice the lack of English fluency. My first red flag goes up. Plus, a shop in Manhattan (i.e. meatpacking). That is pricy real estate for someone using a down market mobile dating app. The meatpacking thing is weird too. That isn’t an English autocorrect. >>

Sent: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 5:09:16 PM

yea, just came back from lunch. i have boutique in meatpacking. i am into gold jewelries and women stuffs. I buy in big quantities and supply to other shops here.

On Friday, 25 July 2014 1:54 AM, Dave <[email protected]> wrote:

So not only are you really cute you're also smart and ambitious. And with a keen eye for fashion. I guess I'll need to go update my wardrobe before I take you out for a drink. Smile

Sent: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 5:58:58 PM

you are really sweet Dave. you dont need to update your wardrope. i am comfortable with what i have, and i am not too materialistic. Even though, i sell and have most things.
cheers

On Friday, 25 July 2014 4:38 AM, Dave <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok, good. I tend to pack the usual techno geek uniform when I come up here for work. Not exactly high fashion.

Where about in Manhattan is your shop and when do you close up? Maybe I could meet you close by for a drink sometime after you are done for the day.

<<OK, she gives me an address. I google it and no shop is there. Now I know something is up. Wait for it….>>

On Friday, 25 July 2014 9:59 AM, Rachel john <[email protected]> wrote:

my shop is at 665 Madison Avenue, meatpacking. NY i close up around 7 pm. after the inventries and all that.
we can fix that.
that will be lovely and so kind of you dear.
cheers

<<Later that evening. OK, here we go>>

Subject: i arrived safely
Sent: Sat, Jul 26, 2014 2:59:53 PM

Hello, my dear Dave. i waited for you this evening to pass the information to you. And i tried the number you gave me, the network was busy. something came up in the afternoon. I got an offer to come to Asia where we buy gold jewelries. the are doing sales right now. it is starting on saturday. i want to use the opportunity and buy goods for my shop and make orders for other people i supply.
immediately i got the information, i called my traveling agent, he has fixed flight for me from New York (JFK) to kuala lumpur on friday morning. and i have also made arrangements with my bank.
is paining me the travel is coming as we are getting to know ourselves better.
but is just a journey of 10 days, and am back to the state and for you.
i have your contacts, i will be letting you know how is going and i will call you as soon as i get there.
remember, what i cant in this relationship is love and commitment.
how i wish you will love and care for me, and be always there for me.
i will miss you so much.
do take care of your self for me till i call you.
with love from
Rachel

<<OK< time to play along>>

On Sunday, 27 July 2014 1:28 AM, Dave <[email protected]> wrote:

Be careful and come back safe and sound!

Rachel john
To Me
Jul 26
Good morning dear,
I want to let you know that i arrived safely to Malaysia. we arrived in the afternoon here. The have 12 or 11 hours difference with us in the US. right now is 10:34pm.
I tried calling your number but am having some issue with the roaming. i will fix it up by monday or tuesday. meanwhile i will text you so thta you can get my number.
I couldnt do anything today because i was too tired when we got here. when i got to my hotel, i slept off. just waking up now, and i remembered you. i said i should let you know how i am doing.
Babe, i will miss you during this few days, but i promise you, i will soon come back to you. And we plan ahead of our future.
Thanks for your prayers and i pray you always be there for me. Dont chase other women please. i can be jealous.
do take good care of yourself for me.
i will be letting you know how i am doing.
Miss you my babe and my King,
cheers
Rachel

Rachel john
To Me
Jul 28
My dear Dave,
you are really a darly. thank you so much for your concern and caring all this while. i am very fine here. i have started buying my goods. A lot of my customers traveled, because muslims are celebrating their Salah. i have only bought from the christians around. tomorow is still holidays and a lot of markets and where we buy are closed. I am expecting to buy a full container load of goods with gold jewelries and ladies stuffs.
How are you doing my love?
i hope you are fine.
Please be strong for me and wait till i come back.
I cant wait to be in your arms.
pray for me, because is not very easy.
dont look on other women.
Love you my babe.
Rachel

<<I never gave “her” a phone number. They seem to have forgotten that>>

achel john
To Me
Aug 1
Hello dear, how are you doing today. I am so sorry that my communication is very little since i get here. and i dont know the problem with the network service provide , because i can not really use my phone to call out. or even receive messages. just having problem with roaming. Thank God for the internet.
Babe, some times i am so tired to send you emails. But in the early morning here, that is our evening in the state, i can be free to chat with you. I will appreciate so much if you add me in your yahoo messenger today to enable us to be communicating more intimately and frequently. If you care so much as i do. do it today for me babe. I want our communication to be alive. I think i prefer chatting with you then sending you emails once in 2 days.
I want to keep close to you, dont want anything to happen to you Babe.
Babe dont let the love we are building up fall because of this few days i traveled out for business. i love you
you have a yahoo account already. Add me to your messenger, so that we can be chatting frequently. with that i can even reply your chat any where i am.
My yahoo id is [email protected]
add me at [email protected]
I appreciate your understanding, your love, your patient with me all this while, and i will do any thing possible to make sure that our coming together come true.
waiting or you babe.
Rachel

<<And here it is. For only $10K I can have the love of my life. Now the fun starts>>

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 5
Good morning my love,
how are you doing this evening. It has not being easy for me here. I am at the office where the packing my goods for shipment. They have just given me the bill for the shipment.
I bought goods of over 1000000 us dolars. The price of the shipment increased drastically, and a lot of charges were added, amounting the total money to 13,159 dolars.
And right now, am having only 5000 dolars remaining with me.
I have tried reaching my bank this morning, i was told that my personal account officer took a break of 2 weeks to Canada.
I dont know what to do right now. Sweetheart am sick and tired right now. Dont have any other person to go to right now.
I have already invested alot and even bought alot of items i will supply out to other outlets as soon as i arrived.
Sweetheart, i have already fix my return flight on monday. Babe am down and sick now.
Babe, can you run around, see where you can borrow for me 10,000 dolars.
as soon as i arrived back, 3 or 4 days i return it to you.
I am a dependent woman, dont know why this is happen to me now. just because i saw a lot of nice stuffs, and i cant remove my eyes till i buy them. Anyway, the are still my money, and we are gonna make extra gain from them when we sell them.
Please honey, am just back to my hotel, crying . see what to do for me please.
I love you so much.
Rachel

Me
To Rachel john
Aug 5
Oh no, that is horrible. It is late night here but I promise I will go to the back first thing in the morning. Where should I wire the money to?

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 5
babe, i can give you the account number of my shipping agent here. You are really a darly. You will not regret knowing me. and i promise to pay you the money back a week when i come back.
love you babe

Me
To Rachel john
Aug 5
Send it right away and I'll work on pulling together some funds tomorrow and we can see each other next week finally.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 5
thanks babe, i will send it to you, let me call and get it

<<First account>>

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 6
Name. xxxxxxxx
Bank name: Ambank.
Account no.xxxxxxxx
Swift code: Arbkmykl.
Address. No. 47 /49, jalan utas / 15B, 40000
Shah alam, Selangor, Malaysia

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 6
Baby, i just send you the account information.
just try for me, as early as possible tomorow morning so that i will be able to sort this out and come back on monday as i have planed.
God bless you.

Me
To Rachel john
Aug 6
I will go to the bank as soon as it opens this morning. I had to cancel some meetings but I'll go to the bank first thing darling.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 6
okay, darly,
you are indeed a hero and a true man. i have not relax since morning here when i got to the shipping office and got the bill.
thanks a lot for helping me out from this .
love you so much

<<Told them it was on the OFAC watch list. My goal is to freak them out and have them close the account>>

Me
To [email protected]
Aug 6
Darling, bad news. My bank, HSBC, will not transfer money to that account. They said it was on an OFAC list and they were not allowed. I argued with them and said it was an emergency but they wouldn't listen. They did say that if opened an account at one of their location in Malaysia the transfer would be easy. Darling, open an account with your remaining money and send me the number. If you do it quickly I can get you the money before the banks close here. I'm sorry darling. I tried.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 6
are you in the bank now. can you ask them if the can transfer to other banks here if not that one.

<<Second account>>

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 6
Babe, he gave me another account with another bank. i cant open account here now. try and pay to this one.

xxxxxxxxxx
Maybank.
Account no. xxxxxxxx
Swiftcode. Mbbemykl.
Address. Selangor malaysia

<<Trying to get them to open another account. No dice though>>

Me
To [email protected]
Aug 6
I'm sorry babe, I'm no longer at the bank. If you just open the HSBC account it will be easy. I have a sensitive job and can't afford to be seen sending money to accounts on a government watch list. I'm sure it is all a mistake. The government adds lots of innocent people to these things but I can't be associated with them. And please be careful with my money when I send it. It's money I'm saving for a better apartment in the city. When you get back I'll show you where I'm looking in Manhattan. It will be a nice place we can spend time in together.

<<Third account>>

achel john
To Me
Aug 6
Babe, i have asked, the said is impossible for me to open account here. that what is obtainable in the states is different from them in the Asia. the advised me to find other means of transfering my fund for business.
I have asked for another person that work in the shipping company, and he has given me his own account , since that first one is not a good account. Dont know why.
Please, try pay in to this account.

xxxxxxxxxxx
acc no xxxxxxxxx
public bank
swift code. pbbemykl .
address 23 bungs raya kampung melayu 86000 kluang johor. Malaysia

<<Trying to freak them out a little more>>

Me
To [email protected]
Aug 6
I am heading to the bank now to try again. Be careful with the person who holds the other account. The watch list he is on is the office of foreign asset control. I did some research and they look for terrorist finances. If you do business with that person the NSA will probably be monitoring your communication. Please be careful.

<<Delay, delay, delay>>

Me
To [email protected]
Aug 6
I'm sorry babe. The bank was closed when I got there. You know how the traffic in the city is. I'll get you the money first thing tomorrow.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 6
baby, did you pay in the money?

Me
To Rachel john
Aug 6
Sweetheart, the bank was closed by the time I got across town. I will go to the bank again first thing in the morning.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 6
okay my sweetheart. you are such a darly. thats so much for being there for me.
I dont know why the account number of the guy was put on watch list. but all i know any money i transfer to him, i get back. I will be careful babe. and i cant wait to be with you.
try and make it this morning so that i cant miss my flight.
i love you babe

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 7
Babe, how are you this morning?
have you gone to the bank?

Me
To [email protected]
Aug 7
In the bank now waiting for someone to see me.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 7
okay babe

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 7
babe, have you done it? am worried. tell them to do it immediately.

<<Time to get them all excited>>
Me
To [email protected]
Aug 7
It was just sent. It was a very big hassle

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 7
thank you so much sweetheart, why did the delay so much in helping you?

achel john
To Me
Aug 7
if the gave you a comfirmation letter, pls scan it and send to me, so that i will give it to the man to quicken him to withdraw it for me.

<<Rachel isn’t the only one who gets called out of town unexpectedly>>

Me
To [email protected]
Aug 7
I'm at the airport now. I was called away suddenly by a death in the family. I'll be back next week but am glad I could help you. I can't wait to be in your arms babe.

<<Such concern from my true love>>

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 7
Babe who died in your family? is it a close relation? am so sorry to hear that. just take it easy.
I am so glad for the help you rendered me. i dont know how to thank you for that.
I promise to pay you back with all my love forever.
Yopu are indeed a hero.
Babe , can you drop your mobile phone for me here, so that i can reach you when i come back.
I love you sweetheart

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 7
sweetheart, can you please send me the payment slip for the transfer.
is very important to use it and pick the money here. am already waiting for this. pls try and send it immediately

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 8
sweetheart, we can not pick the money without the payment slip. we are in the bank since. the ask us to provide the payment slip you used to make the transfer.
please can you scan or snap it and send to me.
am so sorry for the inconvinience i am puting you true please.

<<More bullshit>>
To [email protected]
Aug 8
Oh babe I'm so sad. This was my uncle who raised me after my parents died. They were in a car crash when I was 12 and he and my aunt took care of me. He was like my father. You would have liked him. He was a kind and gentle man.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 8
am so sorry to hear this baby. sorry for the lost. was he sick. which city is he staying.
babe, how i wish i am around you right now to console you. just take heart.
can you please send me your phone number again.
also, pls send me the receipt of the payment you made. i coulldnt get the money in the bank today. the are demanding for the payment slip of the depositor. scan it or snap it and send to me. if you receive it in your email, forward it to me now

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 8
sweetheart, can you send me that payment slip. and give me your phone number again please.

Me
To [email protected]
Aug 8
Sorry babe. I must have left it in my apartment. I left in such a hurry. You should be able to get the money without it. I already checked and it has been debited from my account. Please be careful with it. It's a lot of money. Hurry home babe.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 8
Babe, when are you going to be back? give me cell number again. yesterday, i coundnt get the money without the payment slip. it is the payment slip that the owner of the account will use and go to the bank to withdraw, beacause is alot of money. check if the send you a comfirmation in your email. send it to me, or i must wait till you go back and send it to be before i withdraw. the way the do things here is different from the way we do in the state. please sweetheart, check well.

<<Trying to make them more greedy. I’m inheriting a lot of money!!>>

Me
To [email protected]
Aug 11 at 2:25 PM
Sorry darling I haven't been in touch. The funeral was today and I'm now managing my uncles estate. He didn't have any other children so it all goes to me. He had quite a bit and many complicated investments and several pieces of property. It is taking quite a bit of time to organize it all. If you give me your phone number again I'll give you a call soon. I promise.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 11 at 2:34 PM
babe, am still in malaysia, i have not sort the shipment. i have not gotten the money you sent. the are demanding for payment slip. the said it is the way the operate here. i missed place your number, i would have called since. my cell number is not going unless i get sim here and call you.
babe, how am i going to get the payment slip. the said, the should have send you one in your email as well. can you check and send it to me, so that i can sort this out. i am tired here baby.
please do something and help me here pls babe.

Rachel john
To Me
Aug 11 at 2:44 PM
can u give me your number pls

<<They seem to have given up at this point. I was going to give them a phone number from Burner but was too busy with an actual woman that week. >>

Edited to remove names and account numbers-Capone
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As soon as you figure out it's a scam, stop talking with your RL address, and post the original message in Surplus and Scamwarners. If you want to bait, start over from a baiting address that cannot be traced to your RL identity.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
murass
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vonpaso xlura wrote:
As soon as you figure out it's a scam, stop talking with your RL address, and post the original message in Surplus and Scamwarners. If you want to bait, start over from a baiting address that cannot be traced to your RL identity.

This was already a throwaway yahoo account. I never use my real email for these sites. And as a bonus, I was in a hotel so the IP address dead ends there.
Some Buddy At Home
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry you were (almost) scammed, but I am very glad you picked up on the red-flags.

Welcome to Eater, I hope you have been reading threads around here, signed up for a mentor. You are a natural and can do some serious damage. Razz

Rosy scams cancer victim, Derrick-NV classic!
US Safari 8 Safaris & 21K miles!- Pain inflicted by Juan Freizwidatt & Capone
The One, The Only PIG$ -What can't GTmama do to the pig?
New Users FAQ Goat Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic