SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419 scam tragedy

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TerranceBoyce
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/local/inquest-tragedy-of-wife-tricked-by-lotto-prize-scammers-1-5861964

6February 2014

Quote:
Inquest: Tragedy of wife tricked by lotto prize scammers

....... badly decomposed body was found in a field on land off Northfield Road, Market Deeping on September 24.

The inquest heard that police investigations revealed ....... had spent thousands of pounds on lottery cash prize scams.

.......his wife had gone missing before after she was victim of a fraud scam in 2009. This resulted in financial difficulties for the couple and they had to leave their home in the Wirral and move to Market Deeping.

A police report showed that over a four-year period ....... had spent more than £41,000 on lottery scams. Data on her phone records revealed she had replied to messages sent from countries in sub-Saharan Africa, eastern Europe, Barcelona, Manchester and London.

......... had told her husband while he was working away from home that she had £4,000 in cash saved for winter. When he returned in August last year the money could not be found, and after an argument on August 16 she left the caravan.

A phone which was found by her police on her body contained a memo message which she had written at 10.26pm on August 16, just over an hour after she left her husband. It read, “David I’m sorry they’ve got me again”. The message was never sent to [her husband].

"I have not hard form you, the so called G0MER is a thief" Loan Lad who appeared to be expecting more than just money
"I go faint if una nor help me" Loan Lad
"We bring to your humble knowledge that you should mind your ill mannered language you use to the public" Lotto Lad
"I am not interested in fraudulent matters you are trying to engage me in stealing" 419 scammer
"Your nurse is trying to do something evil i must warn you"
Deadflag1
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jesus Christ. This is why we do what we do.

"Please sir stop deceiving your self i can finally notice that you are never a serious type, but in all things we give thanks to God almighty, but its a pity you said you are a Father but i never see the spirit of sincerity in you, just use your tongue and count on your teeth... you are a noisy man... look man you are never sincere, right from the time... God bless you after putting me in debt and also in problem, "
- Mr. Abdullah
Closed lad accounts x2

Shnagel
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Difficult to understand how people get caught sometimes, but sadly they do, and this is a tragic example.

** WARNED **

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A tragic story, but even more tragic is nearly every regular member here have heard very similar stories to this before.
And a lot of ignorant people who read then comment on these stories don't understand that this isn't her fault, it's not about her greed. It's about desperation.
She was scammed before, these things happen. But in her case, she became manipulated again. As she loses more, she feels more guilty about it and desperately tries to recoup her losses, making her even easier to manipulate. The tragedy was instead of getting help, she truly believed she would get a payoff if she kept pursuing the scammers.

Then the night of realization that she just keeps falling for the lies becomes too much. She runs away from home and dies alone in a field. Yeah the coroner now can only give an open verdict, but if the body was badly decomposed or eaten by wildlife enough at this point, cuts to the wrist wouldn't be evident anymore. That theory is quite obvious, backed up by the unsent apology on her phone...

Scambaiting all looks like fun and games on the surface, especially when you read some of the comedy gold on Eater, but this is the serious reason why we do this. Every minute of a lad's time we waste, is a minute he isn't scamming a victim. Every lad we drive insane, or angry enough to simply give up scamming, every lad we can de-educate enough to make even less believable. Every lad we can make willing to drop actual victims at the first signs of questionings...
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Previous victims are especially vulnerable to recovery scams. They've lost hundreds, thousands, or even millions of dollars and often have alienated friends and family. An email comes along from someone claiming to be with an agency that can recover what they lost... and the hook is in again. Sadly it isn't uncommon at all.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite simply, some people are trusting to an extent many people find incomprehensible. It's only when they come in to contact with criminals that it's a problem, but criminals are a hazard to all honest people.

Criminals aren't excused because the people they target are trusting, weak, poor, or have some disability that makes them more vulnerable to their crimes.

"I have not hard form you, the so called G0MER is a thief" Loan Lad who appeared to be expecting more than just money
"I go faint if una nor help me" Loan Lad
"We bring to your humble knowledge that you should mind your ill mannered language you use to the public" Lotto Lad
"I am not interested in fraudulent matters you are trying to engage me in stealing" 419 scammer
"Your nurse is trying to do something evil i must warn you"
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Exactly. In fact I find it MORE reprehensible when these scumbags target the sick, weak, poor, disabled, etc. Evil or Very Mad

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Basinga wrote:
Scambaiting all looks like fun and games on the surface, especially when you read some of the comedy gold on Eater, but this is the serious reason why we do this. Every minute of a lad's time we waste, is a minute he isn't scamming a victim. Every lad we drive insane, or angry enough to simply give up scamming, every lad we can de-educate enough to make even less believable. Every lad we can make willing to drop actual victims at the first signs of questionings...

clapping Well said!

Every time I read one of these articles, my heart breaks into a million pieces, then it gives me the strength and determination to carry on with baiting.

While most of the baits published here on Eater are hilarious, there are hundreds of baits going on that are just pure wasting of a lads time. I don't try for the laugh, I try for the time, money and resources wasted. I leave the crazy for those who are gifted in pulling it off. I am not one of them, but bless them who are! Razz

Rosy scams cancer victim, Derrick-NV classic!
US Safari 8 Safaris & 21K miles!- Pain inflicted by Juan Freizwidatt & Capone
The One, The Only PIG$ -What can't GTmama do to the pig?
New Users FAQ Goat Flying Monkey
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SomeBuddy that's why I don't post much from my baits. They are boring. I've found I can waste their time far more effectively (with the limited time I have to dedicate to the hobby) by just straight baiting. String 'em along. have a few problems. Maybe get an account or two off of 'em. Then vanish. Make 'em paranoid that any vic who asks questions early in the game is actually a "gmail joker" and hopefully they'll drop a lot of real vics. *sigh*

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^bearkat419 I play them the same way, just straight baiting, managed one for 9 months that way.

Also found a article about lottery winners splitting up, in the newspapers, downloaded it. into word and adjusted it slightly, then sent it to the scammer who was using the lottery winners information in a scam and complained that they are no longer, giving out money as he was claiming. Haven't noticied this scam being posted in surplus.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Some Buddy At Home
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bearkat419 wrote:
String 'em along. have a few problems. Maybe get an account or two off of 'em. Then vanish. Make 'em paranoid that any vic who asks questions early in the game is actually a "gmail joker" and hopefully they'll drop a lot of real vics.

ooooooooo I like that! Mind if I recycle? They normally drop me and a couple have come back to see what is up, but just vanishing ...

If enough of us do that, perhaps they would drop more victims. Do you do the vanishing victim under a new account to the same lad? Could be reinforcement.

Just had a thought. It would be fun to have a mass bait of 20 or 30 baiters where everyone disappeared at the same time. Evil Lol Can you imagine? Evil Lol

Rosy scams cancer victim, Derrick-NV classic!
US Safari 8 Safaris & 21K miles!- Pain inflicted by Juan Freizwidatt & Capone
The One, The Only PIG$ -What can't GTmama do to the pig?
New Users FAQ Goat Flying Monkey
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Feel free to use anything I post that you like Laughing

I tend to recycle the lad, with a different character, until they start getting paranoid. Each time they get to the point where the lad is expecting a payment to arrive, and all delaying modalities of straight baiting have been exhausted, I vanish. Eventually, I try to bait them again and they accuse me of being a joker or not for real and drop me the first time I ask an innocent question that any real victim might have. At that point, I know I succeeded and move on to the next Laughing

As far as a mass-vanishing bait, I don't know how successful it would be but it sure would be painful for the lad. Problem is, mass baits usually require so much work to set up the back story ... it isn't really straight baiting & baiters aren't keen to just drop their guy. Now, if we had ten or so baiters repeatedly mass-bait and disappear one lad for a while, it would probably really drive him insane...

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Victims get addicted to the fairy tale notion that all will be well in the end. Certainly this time the money will come through. Certainly the guy will show up as promised. So sad to see but it's also why I bait. All the time I spend is worth it if it avoids even one person getting scammed.

"All your genaration are f***ing bitches and we are gonna kill everyone in your f***ing family...f***ing imposter" Johnny
"I am totally down with your pretense and ways you fooled me all along." CPG
GoatSand Timer Teddy Sand Timer Cole Sand Timer James Sand Timer Sgt S Rice Sand Timer Johnny
Safari Mr Bello: Lagos - Cotonou - Allada - Toffo 'I will find you and all your whole team,you all will run mad that I can say...fucking retard bastard asshole'
Closed lad accounts x 65 x 6
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic