SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first baiting

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MagicMan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First time baiter here.

Hey all.

So I put up an online advertisement to rent out a room in my house. One of the first emails I got was from a scammer.

"She" claims that she's currently working on a boat and therefore can't contact me by phone and her internet time is limited. And I'm supposed to believe that she's willing to move into the spare room without ever having seen the house or met me.

She asked for my home address so that she can arrange to move her stuff. I've been corresponding with somebody who knows more about this type of stuff than I do, and he tells me that if I give out my address, I'll recieve a fake cheque with the rent and bond money, also some extra money to forward to a revivalist. After I've forwarded the money, my bank will realize the cheque is fake, and I'd be in trouble.

I plan to mess around with these people for as long as I can. I'm looking forward to wasting their time and money.

Question though: is it ever actually possible to profit from the scammers? I mean, has anyone ever tricked them into sending actual, legal money?
redo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi MagicMan, welcome to Eater!

Firstly (and sadly...sorry), you should drop this lad. He has your real contact information, which isn't safe. You can probably keep him on the hook by telling him yours is rented but a friend is also renting, and then contact him as the fake second renter through a fake email account.

Secondly, what you're referring to is cash baiting. It's illegal and we don't do it or even discuss it, as outlined in the stickies.

All that aside, fell free to mess with the lad as long as you can and have fun! The stickies in each forum, the Eater University (at the bottom), and the mentoring program can all help you bait safe and have a blast.

Ghana

Safari Mr. Cheater, Lagos to SH Accra

"to help us fish this people out any where they are this massage should not be forwarded to them or any body, Be very carefully what ever you are doing with these crocks" - Mark Smith
"Please proceed immediately and stop playing on yourself. Am i understood!!!??" - Barr. David
"Now i know you need to visit Rehab. Simple English you can't understand and you keep playing games, I regret having you here, please stop sending me emails." - Barr. David again
"I am sorry to say you lack gurts" - Bernard Hill

***Pimp Your Ride***
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Question though: is it ever actually possible to profit from the scammers? I mean, has anyone ever tricked them into sending actual, legal money?

That's called cash-baiting. We don't even discuss doing that here as there are legal issues. Stealing is stealing whether from a real person or one of these scumbags.

Has it been done? Yes. However,....(See above)
MagicMan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome.

Sorry, I didn't realize that the discussion of cash baiting was against the rules! I won't be doing that, was just curious. I won't discuss this point any further.

Redo, I've already set up a fake account and emailed the scammer. I told "her" that my regular email was just used for the purpose of advertising the room, and since we will be living together soon, I may as well give her my "real" email, which in reality is a fake one.

Do you think it would be okay to bait the lad for a bit? She has my phone number, but she did say that she won't be calling it due to being on a boat.
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater..... Laughing

Quote:
Do you think it would be okay to bait the lad for a bit?

Probably not a good idea, we recommend that you do not bait someone who has any of your real life connected details

Have a read of this

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237673

Also sign up for a Mentor here

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

Have fun..... Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MagicMan wrote:

Redo, I've already set up a fake account and emailed the scammer. I told "her" that my regular email was just used for the purpose of advertising the room, and since we will be living together soon, I may as well give her my "real" email, which in reality is a fake one.

Do you think it would be okay to bait the lad for a bit? She has my phone number, but she did say that she won't be calling it due to being on a boat.

Welcome to eater MagicMan.

You can find a handy introduction to baiting here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237673 and when you are ready can sign up for the Mentor Program http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php.

One of the things we promote is baiting safely and that includes not using email addresses that have any connection to your RL details. So you would be better off dropping your current renter and only baiting those that have no idea who you are.

ETA: Ninja'd by fangs. Very Happy

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Surfowl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi!

As a relatively newbie I can tell you the things that I have learned that are helpful. You should never (although some of these are hard to resist when you first begin baiting):

- Give any indication to the lads that you were baiting them. After a long, hilarious engagement you'll be tempted to say "haha, gotcha" but the reality of it is that you continue to stay in character and never reveal your true intentions. They eventually just go away. We don't want them to start to learn the techniques we all use.

- Trick them into sending you money. Easy, but a no no.

- Reveal any information about yourself. When I first started I would excitedly answer emails and made the mistake of signing my real name instead of my characters name. I also replied from a work email instead of my baiting email. I quickly dropped those lads but be very careful to not reveal anything about your "real" self. Think and review before you hit send

- Reply too quickly. They get very aggressive and want to call and email every second until they get their money. As hard as it is sometimes let them simmer

The above "tips" have helped me.

Cheers!

"Thanks moher fucker for wastin my tim... and mind u dis is what I do for leavng" Marvin Muela

"I CAN SEE YOU ARE NEVER A SERIOUS FOLLOWS. BUT ALL THE SAME THANK YOU FOR WASTING MY PRECIOUS TIME. YOU ARE JUST A PIES OF SHEET" Mr Netto

"I fear you play with my brain all this time and i may resort to sin and kill your skull" Quadri Mohammed
Nigeria
Netherlands
United Kingdom X 2
Closed lad accounts X159
X181
Sand Timer Edwin Mensah 3 years 2 months but finally a consistently engaged year!
Safari Maurice Yeo from Sierra Leone to Mali
Leka
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Like he says: Never burn the lad. There is no reason to let them know that someone is after them. They will presume that this is the case but don't give them anything solid. They don't need to know why their account goes belly up or their web site is terminated in the same day as they opened it. They already know that this happens eventualy so no need to give them any knowledge how to avoid it.

And maybe the most important reason: They keep coming back! Last month i had a 2-3 lads from november coming back and one that had been hanging about since october.

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts (Romo -bait)
Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts (This is Abdul he is a hitpiggy(the other one is Abdul's brother i call it "Stupid")(3rd. is a "Moron"))
This is the start of my multiethnic pigsty.
Sand Timer Subject "AM".
"Note that I will not stand to be accepting embarrassment words from you"
"PLEASE YOU HAVE TO GO FOR CHECK UP WITH YOUR DOCTOR OKAY.
HOLY JESUS
DR KENITH L00KMAN"
"Please do not email me again, you are a good layer"
Shnagel
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to reinforce what others have said, drop this scammer, tell him (her) that you are sorry but the room has already been let.

Have no further involvement with him and don't enter into any further correspondence.

It is highly unlikely that anyone from (probably) Nigeria would come over here to chase you, but it's a possibility and therefore cannot be risked.

If you want to engage in this surprisingly popular passtime, set up a completely fake email address and read, read, read! Lots of info around here, plus a mentor scheme to help you through your first baiting experiences.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the forum Magicman.

Thanks for the history,are you have now....what new version are we entry.perhaps the birth of Prince George junior and how Willie Kate Middleton made love and gave birth...o'h...o'h the queen is fight war in Afganistan...Lest i forget you made love to your ground mom last nite...Uncle tell me a knew story...are you happy now........Mr H0rn J3rry or was that Mr J3rry H0rn,I never really knew Smile
-------------------------------------------------
Look Mr Man,you must be a joker to think you can't' play smart with me I was just following you to see where you land.Stop contacting me you are just a fucking shucking dick........J@me5.

Closed lad accounts x 187 x 60

100 in 1 = 101
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the board MagicMan! As others have told you above read until your eyes hurt and then read some more and sign up for a mentor. They will show you the way and answer any questions you might have.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
tartan-paint
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the ones I read in the letters archive the guy was sent $200, but yeah, I don't think a good idea to do this for profit, just for amusement and to waste their time Wink

If for more money you risk getting in trouble, and you would then need hassle of a post office box or something. Screw ever giving anyone real details, as the warnings suggest, all it takes is one of these people knowing a local family member living near, and you don't want 3 Nigerian men standing on your doorstep when you open the door on a Tuesday evening.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic