SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

"A Con in Cornwall" or The IBAN Incident

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sozola
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My first completed bait. I probably could have strung them along a bit longer, but I found my character is suited better for other formats. So I ended the bait when it was no fun, any more.
Still, I'm satisfied. Got to kill a bank account and am in the process of taking a fake bank site down.

The Characters:
My character: Deborah Smith (last name changed), a Music and Dance teacher from Cornwall
Scammer: Tony Dwamenah, a crooked banker
Scammer: Ibrahim Adams or Ibrahim Adam or Adam Ibrahim, Head of Office

Notes are in bold italics.

I picked it up from the surplus letters here. Your typical crooked banker. Here goes:

-----------------------------------------
Deborah Smith 31 July 2013 20:49
To: [email protected]
Re: Fidelity Bank Ghana

Dear Mr Dwamenah,

this all sounds very tempting. Is this some kind of joke?
If you are indeed serious, please get back to me with details.

Best regards,

Deborah Smith

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 31 July 2013 21:29
To: Deborah Smith
My Response

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your quick response, I also appreciate your interest and willingness to help actualize this transaction.I wish to let you know that this is a bank-to-bank transfer, I also want you to know that the management of my bank must not know that I'm involved in this transaction.i contacted you so that we can work together with oneness and with your full co-operation the fund will be released in your name. I'm a God fearing person, also I want you to be rest assured that this transaction is 100% risk free.

To clarify you more on the source of the fund. The said fund is the Excess profit that was made for the year 2011 at the closing balance of my bank last year. I have kept this fund in an escrow coded account until this date. Since there was no any trace since the fund was deposited in my bank, i now decided to transfer the fund out of Ghana for our benefit. I wish to inform you that this transaction has been packaged in a professional way to benefit both of us. i do not have a foreign bank account where this fund can be transferred and I as a banker can not claim the fund as the owner.

For this reason i have to seek for your assistance to stand as the owner and the fund will be transferred into your provided account. All I require from you is your maximum co-operation as the fund is to be transferred telegraphically from our Head office situated at the Capital City of Accra Ghana. I only require your
1) Home And Office Address
2) Occupation
3) Full Name
4) Age
5) Country Of Origin
6) Telephone Number

All the above information of yours will be programmed in the network computer database system in my branch as a foreign investor who deposited the said fund in my branch. i will also guide you, as you will apply from our Head office where the fund will be further transferred to your designated bank account. immediately I received the above information of yours I will prepare a back dated Initial deposit slip on your name, as my head office might request for such document at the process of transferring the fund to your bank account.

After the successful transfer of the fund,I will come over to meet you in your country, or any country where you want us to meet for sharing according to already mapped out percentage. i will expect the above information as soon as possible. I will also need your telephone number to call you when it deem necessary.
With Regards,

Mr. Tony Dwamenah.

Deborah Smith 31 July 2013 23:39
To: Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]>
Re: My Response

Dear Mr Dwamenah,

thank you for your quick response. I can read between the lines of your email and I see that you are a serious and trustworthy person. You convinced me that this is not a joke.

It is a very tempting offer. 40% of 3.5 million dollars would be very welcome indeed. I own and run several private music schools here in Cornwall and have just bought new premises for one of my branches. That has been no small investment, of course, and I still must raise another estimated £ 600 000 to stock up on instruments for my pupils to practice on. You wouldn't believe how expensive musical instruments are, especially brass instruments. But maybe you play music, yourself, and know what I'm talking about.

So, I must say, I am intrigued by your offer. But I must confess that I am still a little concerned. Isn't this sort of transaction illegal?

Best regards,
Deborah Smith

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 1 August 2013 02:05

Madam,

This transaction is very legal as long as you send me the info below so that i can send you the comfirmation document to allow request for transfer from my main head office asap.
2) Occupation
3) Full Name
4) Age
5) Country Of Origin
6) Telephone Number

This is a bank to Bank wire transfer.

Tony

Ah yes, I see. As long as I play along everything is legal. Sounds logical... not.
Deborah Smith 1 August 2013 10:08

Dear Mr Dwamenah,

thank you so much for your quick reply. I'm glad this is legal, and I am very thankful you have chosen me to be part of this transaction. May I ask how you have found and selected me? Were you looking for successful businesswomen or did you maybe find me because of my reputation of photo modeling jobs I did when I was younger? I like the thought I might still have some fans, out there.

But let's get to business. Here is the information you require:

1) Office Address (new): 43 Colvreath Road, Newquay, Cornwall TR7 2PY, UK
Home Address: 35 Riverside Avenue, Newquay, Cornwall TR7 1PN, UK
2) Occupation: Music Teacher, Manager
3) Deborah Audrey Smith
4) 44
5) United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
6) N/A

As I wrote you in my last email, I have bought a new building for the main branch of my music schools and I'm currently in the process of moving my office to the new premises. The address above is already the new one. My new phone line is not up, yet. I'll let you know as soon as British Telecom has connected me. Which reminds me, I have to setup some voicemail for the old number to let my pupils and applicants know that the old number doesn't work anymore.

But back to business: I hope to hear from you soon. I'm very excited about all this. Thanks again!

Best regards,

Deborah Smith

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 1 August 2013 10:54

Dear Madam,

I am happy to tell you that everything is perfectly in order please bearing mind that this transaction has been packaged in a professional way to benefit the both of us involved. Also bear in mind that I programmed your data as a foreign investor who deposited the fund in my branch but the management will not ask you such question because all your data have been installed in our computer database system. Therefore when they go to verify, they will surely see all your information and there will not be any means of questioning. Please as soon as you confirm the deposit slip and the form do not hesitate to contact my management for the immediate transfer / release of this fund to your designated bank account.

Please for us to move ahead, I want you to fill the application form and send to the bank immediately. Send this form demanding for the immediate release / transfer of your fund to your provided bank account. As soon as this is done, it will signal the commencement of this claim.

BELOW IS THE APPLICATION FORM, KINDLY FILL THE FORM CAREFULLY TO AVOID ANY MISTAKE AND SEND IT TO MY HEAD OFFICE THROUGH EMAIL OR FAX AND ALSO CALL THEM ON PHONE THE MOMENT YOU SEND IT SO THAT THEY WILL ATTEND TO YOU FAST.
Account #: 157722910
Pin Code: 0007994
THIS IS MY HEAD OFFICE TRANSFER DEPARTMENT CONTACT
DIRECTOR: Alhaji Ibrahim Adam
EMAIL: [email protected]
TEL /: +233 267788266.

Regards,
Mr. Tony Dwamenah.
+233 244 557 209

2 attachments

Time to start stupid questions:

Deborah Smith 2 August 2013 08:54
Possible error on the deposit slip

Dear Mr Dwamenah,

when I signed the deposit slip, I noticed something that might be an error:

The date is given as 09/03/2007. Shouldn't that be something in this year?

Best Regards,

Deborah Smith

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 2 August 2013 10:57
Re: Possible error on the deposit slip

Madam,

Its not an error,the account had been back dated as your escrow call account you opened here in the year 2007 and now you wish to transfer the funds back to the uk period its no error.i explained it all in my first ans second email you remember?

Tony

Deborah Smith 4 August 2013 21:03

Dear Tony,

ah OK, thanks for clearing that up. No, actually you haven't explained that in your first and second mail. You mentioned something about 2011, but nothing about 2007.
Obviously, I haven't completely understood the proceedings, yet.

I don't want to make mistakes, so here's what I figured out. Please tell me if I'm correct:

In order to convince your bank that _I_ have deposited the money into the escrow account in 2007, I sign the deposit slip and send it to you.
In order to claim said deposit, I fill int the form and send it to your colleague?

Correct?

Best regards,
Deborah

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 5 August 2013 10:12

yes its not a mistake i purposely back dated it please fill and send to head office

Deborah Smith 5 August 2013 22:10
Release of my funds

Dear Mr Ibrahim,

please release the funds currently deposited on my escrow account #157722910 to me. See the attached application form for details.

Best regards,

Deborah Smith

Note that I have "accidentally" entered British Pounds instead of US Dollar in the form. But our professional bankers don't mind.
Deborah Smith 5 August 2013 22:25
I contacted Mr Ibrahim

Dear Tony,

thanks for the info. I have now sent the filled-in form to Mr Ibrahim.

Debby is designed for romancing the scammers. Let's get it started with Tony.

So, everything will be done, soon, if all is well on your side. I take it, we're going to meet face to face, soon. While we probably will agree on some sign or signal so that we know each other, it can't hurt to know of each other how we look. Therefore, I attached a photo of me. I hope you like it. A friend of mine took it during our last holiday trip.
Maybe you send me some photo of yourself, too? That would be nice.

Sincerely yours,
Deborah

I attach a nice innocent looking clothed picture of an adult model I use for Debby's character.

[email protected] <[email protected]> 6 August 2013 11:01
Transfer Of Funds

Hello Madam,

Your $3.5m wire transfer request will be approved upon the activation of your account Your account had been dormant now since 2007,so to activate transfer you need to send $8,750 via the account below. Accra Ghana.So just follow up and activate your account the wire transfer will be effected as soon as YOU ACTIVATE your account.As soon as this is received,your wired transfer will be within 24 working hours.Mind you since 2007 this account had been dormant,no withdrawal made,no deposit made so we thought may be you were dead,but we said we have to hold on till we heard from you.

Money Gram Or Western Union is accepted if you send directly to THE Names Am going to Provide to you.

Regards
Alhaji Ibrahim Adam.
Transfer Dept.
[email protected]
[email protected]
+233 267788266

Wow, they're quick with the fees...

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 6 August 2013 11:17
RE: I contacted Mr Ibrahim

good all you need do is follow the head office instructions carefully

What? No reaction at all to the picture? We can't have that...
Deborah Smith 6 August 2013 11:33

Dear Tony,

I will. But I must admit, I'm a little hurt, at the moment. I have reached out to you in friendship and sent you my picture, and you simply ignored it, and replied with a one-liner. All business. No hello, no goodbye. I don't know. This isn't the way I want to do business.

Regards,
Deborah

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 6 August 2013 13:17

Hello Sweet,

Please don't be hurt, i had bnot even got the time to download your pics
please don't get angry with me.
work at my branch is hectic this morning please do not be angry with me.
I just did and you look awesome

Tony

"Sweet" and "awesome". That sounds better.
Deborah Smith 6 August 2013 20:28

Hello Tony,

aren't you quite the charmer? OK, I'm willing to forgive you, But only on two conditions:
1. I want a picture of you. I want to know the face of people I'm dealing with.
2. I want you to tell me a little about yourself. How old are you? Are you married? What are your plans, once this deal is concluded?

Thanks for your compliments. I am glad you liked the picture. And because of that, I'll send you one more.

Hope to hear from you, soon.
Debby

I send a picture of the same woman. Still fully clothed, but not so innocent. A little too much cleavage.

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 6 August 2013 20:41
Have You Contacted The Head Office Yet?

Deb,

Am 45 yrs old now married with 5 lovely kids.
Have the head office contacted you yet?
Am not too photogenic so i guess you like these pics.

Please i will be in uk with you once this deal is completed.

Tony

3 attachments

Deborah Smith 7 August 2013 08:28
Re: Have You Contacted The Head Office Yet?

Hi Tony,

thanks for the pictures. Who said you weren't photogenic? You look quite the man on those photos. Your wife is a lucky woman.

I have contacted your head of office and I also received his reply. He said that because that dormant account of yours was inactive for a long time, it needs to be reactivated. The fees for that are $8,750. But surely you knew that. All in the plan, right?
Please take care of this.

Yours,
Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 7 August 2013 14:19

Deborah,

That's were you comes in. No one should know am directly involved directly,once the account is activated then the funds will be wired to you asap.
Please send the $8750 to them to get the account activated so that they can wire the $3.5m latest today if its activated today.So are you going to activate it or not?

Tony +233244557209

"That's were you comes in?" This get's Debby so mad I actually forgot the whole romancing business. Probably should have played this differently...
Deborah Smith 7 August 2013 16:00

Hold it, buddy, you're saying that _I_ am to pay 8750 dollars? You must be kidding! I mean, you planned this whole deal. If you knew this, you should have told me this before!!!

You explicitly mentioned several times that this is a "professionally packaged deal". Some kind of professional, you are. In a professionally packaged deal, I expect to be notified of all costs and risks beforehand!

Find a solution for this, immediately! I am very angry with you! What kind of way to do business is this??? This is outrageous! Like "Hey, this deal is professionally packaged, 100% risk free! Oh, did I forget to mention the tiny little affair of 8750 fucking US dollars? No matter: come on, little Debby! Pay!"

I quote your second mail to me:
"All I require from you is your maximum co-operation as the fund is to be transferred telegraphically from our Head office situated at the Capital City of Accra Ghana. I only require your
2) Occupation
3) Full Name
4) Age
5) Country Of Origin
6) Telephone Number"

You know, somewhere in the sentences beginning with "All I require" or "I only require", it would have been a good idea to write: "Oh, and you will be required to pay $8750 bucks."

I would probably still would have agreed to cooperate with you. It's not about the money. It's about trust! You betrayed mine.

Find some solution for this. You're the banker.

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 7 August 2013 16:39

Hello Deb,

It seems you do not understand the first email followed by the next well as it stands
I got only just $5000 so i beg you to just help with $2750 so that i get the account activated and the $3.5m wired so that you get back your $2750 asap.

Tony

Deborah Smith 7 August 2013 17:45

Tony,

no, I did not fucking misunderstand your first email! You didn't mention anything about this reactivation fee. Shall I quote your first mail to you?

"Mr. Tony Dwamenah.
Executive Head, Retail Banking.
Fidelity Bank Ghana.

HELLO DEAR,

My name is Tony Dwamenah , Executive Head, Retail Banking.I got your information during my search through the Internet. I am 49 years of age and married with 5 lovely kids. It may interest you to hear that I am a man of PEACE and don't want problem,but i don't know how you will feel about this because you might feel that its scam yes there are many spammers. but am telling you that this is real and you are not going to regret after doing this transaction with me. I only hope we can assist each other. But If you don't want this business offer kindly forget it as I will not contact you again.
I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit both of us,as the Executive Head, Retail Banking of the Fidelity Bank; it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office at the end of each year. On the course of the last year 2011 end of year report,I discovered that my branch in which I am the Executive Head, Retail Banking made Three million five hundred thousand dollar which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of. I have since place this fund on what we call SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without any beneficiary.
As an officer of the bank I can not be directly connected to this money,so this informed my contacting you for us to work so that you can assist receive this money into your bank account for us to SHARE. While you will have 40% of the total fund .Note there are practically no risk involved, it will be bank to bank transfer,all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of this fund who made the deposit with our branch so that my Head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account. If you accept this offer to work with me, I will appreciate it very much.As soon as I receive your response I will details you on how we can achieve it successfully.

Best Regards
Mr. Tony Dwamenah.
[email protected]"

So tell me, where in this do you mention the fees? WHERE? The contrary is true: "all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of this fund".
But now, suddenly, you need something else: $8750!!!

So don't try to blame this on me. It's your fault!

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 7 August 2013 17:50

Deborah,

Can i call you on phone?
well if you cannot continue please default.
Just write the head office that you cannot activate it so that they can recall the account asap.

Tony

Deborah Smith 7 August 2013 17:54

No, you can't call me. I'm way to angry with you for betraying the trust I put in you.
I'll think about it, OK?
Give me some time to make up my mind.

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 7 August 2013 18:30

OK

Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 10:00

Tony,

OK. After a good night's sleep, I have decided to continue this business with you. I'll even provide the whole $8750 but not for 40%. I carry the whole financial risk of this transaction, so I want 60%.

Take it or leave it.

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 10:05

Hi Deborah,

That is acceptable by me. 60% for you and 40% for me.
Please contact the head office to direct you on how to pay the activation fees of $8750 asap.

Tony +233244557209

Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 10:14

Tony,

do you realise that it's rude to tell people to do something "asap"? I'm not your servant, understood? I will contact your head of office today, at a time of my own choosing.

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 10:17

Debby,

Am not ordering you madam.
Do it at your own convenient time

Regards,

Tony

Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 10:19
RE: Transfer Of Funds

Dear Mr Ibrahim,

Please provide me with a detailed calculation of the fees that sum op to $8750. For managing an escrow account for 6 years, these fees seem a little high to me.
Furthermore please provide me with the account details so I can transfer the fees.

Best regards,

Deborah Smith
[/color]

[email protected] <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 10:43

Hello Mrs Smith,

The fee of $8750 is a fix levy for activating escrow call dormant account regardless of the year the account been dormant.

Please send the activation levy or fees of $8750 via western union or money gram to the names bellow
1. Ehimen O. Momodu
Accra- Ghana

2. George Barnor
Accra- Ghana

Slip it between these two names and text me the information via +233267788266.

NB;SMS ME NOW IF YOU RECEIVE THIS EMAIL.
TODAY WE WORK A HALF DAY.THE OFFICE CLOSES AT 2PM.
SO MAKE IT ON TIME AND SEND ME THE INFO OF WU OR MG
THROUGH +233267788266

Ibrahim Adams +233267788266

Slip the money between those two names? That won't help, I think...

[email protected] <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 10:47

Madam,

Please its important you call me when you sending the activation fees.
Once your account is activated the $3.5m will be wired to your designated account.

Please leave me your Mobile number so that once the transfer is effected you receive a text message on your phone.

Ibrahim Adams
+233267788266.

Let's try to get them to work, a little...

Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 11:03

Dear Mr Adams,

(I'm sorry for addressing you with Mr Ibrahim, before), I can not remember seeing this in your Terms of Service when I signed up for that account. Sadly, I don't have a copy anymore. I must have lost it sometime between 2007 and now.
Please send me a copy of your Terms and Services for escrow accounts where these fixed activation fee is specified. I can not remember agreeing to this.

Regards,
Deborah Smith
Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 11:05

Dear Tony,

that's better. Apology accepted.

I have contact to Mr Adams now, but I must say, something is fishy about this business. I have the feeling that Mr Adams try to make some money on the side for himself. But we'll see.

Debby

[email protected] <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 11:06

Madam,

Our policies are as it is please this is it we cannot do as you wish am very sorry,
If do you do not agree to this levy then please come down to ghana to our office here and see for yourself.

Send me a number to reach you.

Adams

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 11:09

Debby,

Please its as it is.He cannot make anything on the side remember am in another branch so please just follow the head office remittance departmental instructions please so that this transfer can be completed as soon as possible.

Tony

Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 13:11

Tony,

do you closely monitor what he's doing? I don't think so. How can you? You're in a different branch, and he's higher up in your company's hierarchy than you. So don't tell me you know for sure he's not trying to make money for himself.
I'll handle this, don't worry. If he's honest, as you say, he will be able to answer all my questions. If not, we'll kick his ass (metaphorically). We'll take him out of business. He wouldn't be the first. I am good at these things.

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 13:42

Debby,

A bank is a bank and hope you understand that these $3.5m is from deals and am trying to see it wired without any problems.please if you are going to ask them alot of questions that will draw alot of attentions please just carefully forget it.

Am a manager to another branch why will i not know the cost of activating a dormant escrow call account,please it seems you not ready to do this with me.Up till this moment you refuse sending me a number to call you to know how you sounds and you taking 60%.i dont understand you if you know you cannot afford the $8750 then please forget it.

Tony

Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 14:02

Hi Tony,

don't worry, partner. I won't attract any undue attention. I'm just asking him regular customer's questions, like for a copy of the terms and services of your bank. You can send me that, too, if you have it at hand. I just want to check his numbers, because he claims that the cost of reactivating a dormant escrow call account is a fixed amount. If so, it should say so in the "Terms and Services" - document, that every bank in every place in the world, has. But you know all that, of course.

It's not about the money. I can easily afford the $8750. I told you, I run a music school. Do you know how much a decent tuba costs? This month alone, I have invested £40.000 in new instruments.

You're angry because I demanded 60%, right? Well I mainly did that to see if I can trust you and to teach you a lesson. I now know that I can trust you, and I think you learned your lesson.

But I'm not greedy. So here goes: I offer you 50%. We're partners, equals. 50-50 is right.

What do you say?

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 14:11

Debby,

If you trust me you have to trust him.
Yes, because he's your partner.
Our banks terms and conditions are not on documents they on public banks notice board.
Likely story... please he will never send to you any copy of terms and conditions.All backs here in Ghana are some co operatives,of comprehensive or community or commercial bank all policies are been regulated the ministry of finance Ghana with collaboration with the Bank Of Ghana so if you demand those documents they will start suspecting you because they never send or customers who actually deposited the said amount will definitely know this amount so please just do the needful.

Normally 10$ of the $3.5m will be set aside for mescelleneous expenses so definately who ever finances it will get 10%.

My advice ti to send thrm the $8750 as soon as you can because only customer service can explain to you our tems and condition and the transfer departments deals with foreign transactions and security so am begging you send him the money so that the account can be activated and the funds transfered.

Tony

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 14:22

Debby,

I hope you know that the said $8750 is going back to the account once its activated the sum total to be transferred to you in the UK will be to your initial balance of $3.5m so the funds will be activating it. so you lose nothing please or else you just going to make the transfer department figure out that you were not the original depositor in 2007.so please understand my point and do the needful.

I need to talk to you or that still is not possible please its either you give me a number to reach you because its necessary we start talking on phone please

Tony

Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 14:34

Hi Tony,

ah, I see. So this isn't an actual fee to pay for the reactivation, but some proof that you are still able to conduct business? I the UK we call that a POAA "proof of active accounting". Is it something like that? That would explain the fixed amount and why no one bothers to tell the customers about it.
The amount is still pretty high. In the UK, a common POAA amount is £50 up to £200. But as they say: Different countries, different customs.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have already asked Mr Adams about the Terms and Services document. I hope he will not be too suspicious. But maybe, because of my question he will explain that it is something similar to what we have in Britain.

Yeah, my phone line is still down. British Telecom told me, that they no longer own the line, because my municipaliy has sold the licenses to Deutsche Telekom. Imagine that! The Germans of all people.
Anyway, BT now has to wait for some technician of Deutsche Telekom to hand the landline telephone cable to the BT technician. It's all utterly ridiculous. But BT wrote to me that my line will up by the end of next week. We'll see.

Yours,
Debby

I'm German, by the way Wink

[email protected] <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 15:01

Hello Mrs Smith,

The fee of $8750 is a fix levy for activating escrow call dormant account regardless of the year the account been dormant.

Please send the activation levy or fees of $8750 via western union or money gram to the names below

Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 16:50

Dear Mr Adams,

it's not "Mrs Smith", it's "Ms Smith". I'm not married. Still waiting for the right man...

To business:
While I am a little surprised that you have not even acknowledged my request for your "Terms and Services" - document, I won't be needing it any longer. I remembered some clause about a reactivation levy. It's something like the Proof of active accounting that we have in Britain, right? Just a measure to make sure that money doesn't go astray, correct?

Who are the two gentlemen you want to send me the activation POAA to?

Best regards,

Deborah Smith

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 15:00

Debby,

Its as i just told you so carry on send the $8750 to them to activate it.
Am concern because i know how hard i had worked for the $3.5m and also how i need the money into your account before my mind will be revealed.

Tony

"revealed" Oh this is a nice one!
Deborah Smith 8 August 2013 16:52

Hi Tony,

alright, I'll send them the money. I just asked Mr Adams for further information.

What do you mean by "your mind will be revealed". What part of your mind is still hidden? Please explain.

Your partner,
Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 17:04

Debby,

What i mean is that am excited just excited that you are there for me

Tony

[email protected] <[email protected]> 8 August 2013 17:20

Dear Madam,

The activation levy still goes to your account its a mandatory levy that a proof that the said account is still been managed and maintained by you.

1. Ehimen O. Momodu
Accra- Ghana

2. George Barnor
Accra- Ghana
Are both workers here in this department any problems with the names?

Use Western Union Money Transfer or Money gram.

Awaiting the information.Below;

Western Union Money Transfer

1.mtcn control #?......
2.Senders Names?.......
text question?.....
text answer?.....
Amount Sent?......
receivers names? Ehimen O Momodu
Accra Ghana
AND

1.mtcn control #?......
2.Senders Names?.......
text question?.....
text answer?.....
receivers names? George Barnor
Accra Ghana

MONEY GRAM IF YOU PREFER

1.Control #?......
2.Senders Names?.......
Amount Sent?......
receivers names? Ehimen O Momodu
Accra Ghana

1.Control #?......
2.Senders Names?.......
receivers names? George Barnor
Accra Ghana

So Madam once i receive these info your account will be activated and an activation notification sent to your mobile if included.As i told you in my previous email,we closed for today to resume tomorrow 8am. So send tomorrow morning 9am your time and email me the informations

Sincerely,
Ibrahim Adam
+233267788266.

Deborah Smith 9 August 2013 09:48

Dear Mr Adams,

oh, I do agree, don't worry. As I said, I remember now. It's like a POAA.

I still have another question:
You told me to transfer the money to accounts carrying the following names: Ehimen O. Momodu, George Barnor. That's a little unusual. I expected to receive account information of your bank. Who are these two gentlemen? Please explain.

Best regards,

Deborah Smith
Deborah Smith 9 August 2013 09:53

Hi Tony,

ah, OK. I'm excited, too.

Today is going to be a busy day. Tonight is the premiere of a ballet performance of dance students of my school. The music is played by our student orchestra. It's quite a major event for our school. But I'm quite sure the children will do fine, and the audience (mainly parents) will like it.

Do your children play instruments, too? Or are they taking dance lessons? What about you? Do you play music?

Anyway, I am moving the process forward with Mr Adams. He doesn't seem to be suspicious. Everything's fine. As soon as he sent me the correct account information, I can transfer the money.

Take care, partner.

Yours,
Debby

[email protected] <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 11:27

Ms, Smith,

The easy way to transfer this money to me in Ghana where i can easily receive the funds 10mins after you give me the information is called western union money transfer or another method called money gram,all you need are those two names please go to your bank or any western union money transfer outlet and ask.

1 Ehimen O. Momodu
Accra Ghana

2.George Barnor
Accra Ghana

Go to any bank in uk ask of western union money transfer this is the best and most secured way to transfer money to me that its instant.
Using an account will take atelast 3-5 working days to clear up.so i advice and sudgest you follow my instruction carefully.Please use western union money transfer.

Best Regards,

Ibrahim Adam

Really? Every bank in the UK uses Western Union? Well, we'll put that statement to the test, won't we?

[email protected] <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 12:16
RE: Western Union Money Transfer Or Money Gram

Hello Ms. Smith,

Go to any bank in your country and they will direct you on whats or how to use western union money transfer or money gram wire and receive instant transfer very fast if you send and send me the info then i can pick it up immediately and activate your account.

Tell your Bank that you want to send money for via money gram or western union and all you need to do so is

1. EHIMEN O. MOMODU
ACCRA GHANA

2. GEORGE BARNOR
ACCRA GHANA
These are the two names you split the $8750 to and send the informations like

1.Senders Names......
2.Amount.................
3.control #.............
text question......Favorite color
text answer...........Black

So Ms. Smith,go to western union or money gram outlet in UK and you will be told on how to send it and email me the info that will be giving to you to send to me then i can pick up the Money for your account activation.

Ibrahim Adams.

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 13:17

Hi Debby,

My Kids play football because the four of them are all boys just one lil 3yrs old girl in my tree.
I pray she love instruments in the years to come.

Deb,send it through western union money transfer that the fastest way to receive money that's sure and instant.
I came into my office late as its Friday i have to drop off my boys in school .
I pray your students make you proud tonight.please update me.

Yours Faithfully,

Tony

Deborah Smith 9 August 2013 13:22

Mr Adams (or is it Adam?, you used both),

please answer my question: Who are those two gentlemen?

Regards,
Deborah Smith
Deborah Smith 9 August 2013 13:26

Hi Tony,

just a quick mail, I'm terribly busy.
Yes yes, no problem. Mr Adams said that my bank will be able to use this Western Union program. I'll use it. But he still hasn't answered a simple question.

I'll keep you posted when this is finally going forward. I'm getting a little impatient.

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm sure they'll make me proud.

Well, back to work.

Yours,
Debby

[email protected] <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 13:38

Ms Smith,

These two men works here with me in this department

Adams

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 13:40

Debby,

I have heard you a stitch in time saves nine,stop asking questions and do the needful.

Tony

Deborah Smith 9 August 2013 13:41

Dear Mr Adams,

OK, thank you for the information. That wasn't so difficult, was it?
Very well. Everything seems to be in order.

I will send the money.

Regards,
Deborah Smith

[email protected] <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 13:45

Ms Smith,

Am waiting for the informations nfrom the western union money transfer.

Adam Ibrahim
+233267788266

Deborah Smith 9 August 2013 13:46

Tony,

you will keep a civil tongue with me, do you understand?!

This is incredible! Don't you have any manners?

And don't order me around!!! Again: I AM NOT YOUR SERVANT!!!

I expect your formal apology.

And just to inform you, Mr Adams has already answered my question. He seems to be much more rational about this than you. Everything is in order, we can proceed.

But I won't do anything before I have your sincere apology. I don't have time for shit like this. I'm running a business here.

Angrily,
Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 13:50

Debby,

Am sorry..very sorry..
Accept my apology please it wont happen again.

Tony

[email protected] <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 17:48

Dear Ms Smith,

I was thinking you were sending the activation money and sending me the info?
My department closes by 5pm.

Waiting for your response.

Best Regard,

Ibrahim Adams

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 20:08
I apologise

Hi Debby,

Is my apology accepted? Am closing for work today hope to hear from you tomorrow.

Tony

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 9 August 2013 20:56

Hi Deb,

I hope you accept my apologies as i had apologized formally.
Am just excited to see these funds wired to you and me coming over for my share and meeting with you face to face.
I will keep my tongue civil from this point on.
Am sorry accept my apologies.
Can see you been buzy all day well i nkow your girls are going to make you smile tonight as they perform well.

Yours Sincerely,

Tony

Deborah Smith 10 August 2013 09:33

Hi Tony,

yes, your apology is accepted. Yes, the children did a wonderful job, I'm very proud of them.

I share your excitement about the funds. I won't ever forgive Mr Adams for needlessly delaying the process for so long by ignoring my questions.

Anyway, my bank is closed over the weekend, I'll go there on Monday and transfer the money.

Yours,
Debby
Deborah Smith 10 August 2013 09:47

Dear Mr Adams,

I'm sorry that was a misunderstanding, I didn't say I'd send the money immediately. I have my own business to run, and I have to work with my own business hours and those of my bank.

I hope you didn't stay in late, because of me. If so, I'm sorry. But after the past performance of your bank, I didn't anticipate such a high level of service quality from you.

I wish you a pleasant weekend.

Best regards,
Deborah Smith

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 10 August 2013 13:49

Hi Debby,

Thanks for accepting my apology.
Hope to hear from you by Monday.
Have an awesome weekend.

Regards,

Tony

[email protected] <[email protected]> 10 August 2013 13:53

Dear Ms Smith,

Sequel to your email i am looking furward hearing from you by Monday.
My Honor working for you.
Have a wonderful weekend.
We work half days today.

Yours Faithfully,

Adams Ibrahim

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 10:16

Hi Debby,

How are you doing this morning?
I just arrived my office and decided dropping you a hello nite.
How was your weekend?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tony

Deborah Smith 12 August 2013 10:47

Hi Tony,

I'm fine, thank you. How are you doing?
I've been at my office since 7:30am. It's going to be a busy day, again.
My weekend was fine. My students performed the ballet on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and did a great job each time. So I have been working through the whole weekend. That's why I will be working a short week, until Wednesday and have a extended weekend, beginning on Thursday.
I'll be going on a short trip to Italy with my friend Siobhan. I'm really looking forward to it. I can really use a break. The last few weeks have been terribly busy.

Well, thanks for dropping me a line. That was nice.

Yours,
Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 10:54

Debby,

Those that means you wont be able to activate the account today?

Tony

Deborah Smith 12 August 2013 10:58

Hi Tony,

oh, don't worry. I'll be doing it in the afternoon. I have an made an appointment in the bank because I couldn't find these Western United and MoneyGram programs, Mr Adams was talking about, in the online banking application of my bank.
So, I've made an appointment with my bank, so that they can help me to make the transfer. These programs really seem to be a good idea. No need for account numbers and stuff like that, just a name. That's a very clever system.

Well, I gotta go back to work.

Yours,
Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 11:03

Deb,

Yes thr western union money transfer or money gram are not online procedure,you have to be physically presence give them just the names and location you want it sent to and in no time its done and once the informations are been given to you then you can send to the bank.

I will be on launch break at 1pm this afternoon well am here also going back to work.
Have a blissful morning.

Tony

Deborah Smith 12 August 2013 11:05

Hi Tony,

yes, I figured that out, too. That's why I made an appointment with my bank. As I said, it's a clever system.

Have a nice day.

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 11:07

Hi
Have a nice day.

Debby

[email protected] <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 14:06

Good Afternoon Ms. Smith,

I wanted to know what time should we expect the activation of account money?

Ibrahim Adams
+233267788266

Let's delay the Western Union stuff a little...

Deborah Smith 12 August 2013 17:02

Dear Mr Adams,

I have just returned from my bank. As it seems, you were wrong when you told me that every bank in Britain participates in this Western Union system. In fact, my bank manager said that most banks here do NOT have dealings with Western Union, because it is a very non-transparent system often used by criminals.

Obviously, I have not been able to transfer the money using this system. The other one, MoneyGraph, is also not supported by my bank. I asked my bank manager what he needed to transfer the money. He said that all international transfers from my bank must go to accounts identified by IBAN and SWIFT-BIC.

If you send me the required information today, I'll head to my bank first thing tomorrow and make the transfer.

Best regards,
Deborah Smith
Deborah Smith 12 August 2013 17:04
FWD: Transfer Of Funds

Dear Tony,

I have forwarded you my email to Mr Adams. It seems this Western United Transfer System is not so good, after all.

Yours,
Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 17:23
RE: FWD: Transfer Of Funds

Hi Debby,

He Mr Adams will surely send you an account.

Regards,

Tony

[email protected] <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 17:31

Hello Ms. Smith,

You are very correct but i thought most bank operates these services,well this is another account you wire it directly into it.
So if you send it tomorrow i might be able to withdraw it tomorrow too if you send it on time and send me the transfer slip,but you must state that its reason for sending is domestic so that it can be swift to clear in juswt 24hours.Because if you send it a normal transfer it will take 3-5 working days to clear.

Below is the account details.

A/C NAME; DEEBECK CO LTD.
BRANCH;HAATSO BRANCH
A/C #; 1050190032021
SWIFT; FBLIGHAC
BANK ADDRESS; FIDELITY BANK LTD.
RIDGE TOWERS,PMB 43,
CANTOMENTS,
ACCRA-GHANA

That really surprised me. I hadn't expected to get an actual account out of the scammers in one of my first baits. Let alone so easily. I checked it and reported it to Alan, immediately.

Next, I wanted to buy some time so that Alan can do his magic. I thought I might get half an afternoon by asking for an IBAN. Little did I know that with these guys, all hell broke loose with this question. Here goes:

Deborah Smith 12 August 2013 18:27

Dear Mr Adams,

that looks much better. Can you please send me the IBAN for the account, too?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Deborah Smith

[email protected] <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 18:31

Ms Smith,

Thats all you need our account here do not carry IBAN.
Only swift code account number and bank address that's all you need.
the info i gave you is all your banker need.
send the $8750 to the account info i agve you i will receive it,you do not need IBAN OK
Adam

[email protected] <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 18:32

Ms Smith,

That's all you need our account here do not carry IBAN.
Only swift code account number and bank address that's all you need.
the info i gave you is all your banker need.
send the $8750 to the account info i gave you i will receive it,you do not need IBAN OK
Adam

[email protected] <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 18:37

BRANCH;HAATSO BRANCH
A/C-IBAN #; 1050190032021...SAME AS IBAN HERE IN AFRICA WE CALL IT ACCOUNT NUMBER
SWIFT; FBLIGHAC
RIDGE TOWERS,PMB 43,
CANTOMENTS,
ACCRA-GHANA

The IBAN IS THESAME AS THE ACCOUNT NUMBER

A/C-IBAN #; 1050190032021

[email protected] <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 18:38

BRANCH;HAATSO BRANCH
A/C-IBAN #; 1050190032021...
SWIFT; FBLIGHAC
RIDGE TOWERS,PMB 43,
CANTOMENTS,
ACCRA-GHANA

Four mails in just a few minutes with essentially the same information? What's wrong guys?
Deborah Smith 12 August 2013 18:45

Dear Mr Adam,

well, you're wrong there, I'm afraid. As of the 1st of August this year, every bank in the European Union can only make international transfers using the SWIFT-BIC and IBAN. That's what my bank manager told me, today. My bank's online banking application offers a IBAN generator, but sadly Ghana is not on the list of supported countries. I tried to look your IBAN naming scheme up in Wikipedia, but sadly, Ghana is not on the list, there, too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBAN#IBAN_formats_by_country
That's why I asked you to tell me the IBAN.

Best regards,

Deborah Smith

[email protected] <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 18:48

BRANCH;HAATSO BRANCH

IBAN ; 1050190032021

SWIFT; FBLIGHAC

RIDGE TOWERS,PMB 43,
CANTOMENTS,
ACCRA-GHANA

This is utter nonsense, of course. An IBAN always starts with a two-letter country code. Some banker, our Mr Adam. But Debby (of course) knows nothing of this and tries her luck.
Deborah Smith 12 August 2013 18:52

Dear Mr Adams,

thank you. If you say so, I will try to transfer the money, tomorrow morning before I go to work.

Have a nice evening.

Regards,
Deborah Smith
Just to leave the four mails in a row not completely uncommented, I wrote this:

Deborah Smith 12 August 2013 18:54

Dear Mr Adams,

why did you send me that email, again? Is something wrong?

Best regards,
Deborah Smith

[email protected] <[email protected]> 12 August 2013 18:57

Hello Ms. Smit,

Oh no nothing is wrong,I await the transfer slip in the morning,have a good evening rest.
Am at the verge of closing for the day.

Regards

Adams Ibrahim

Well, let's show Mr Adams Ibrahim his quality as a banker.

Deborah Smith 13 August 2013 09:38
IBAN

Dear Mr Adam,

I went to my bank this morning and tried to make the transfer. Apparently, the account number you gave me is not a valid IBAN.
My bank manager showed it to me. They have some IBAN validation software or something of that sort.
So obviously, you were wrong AGAIN.

You told me:
>A/C-IBAN #; 1050190032021...SAME AS IBAN HERE IN AFRICA WE CALL IT ACCOUNT NUMBER

This is obviously wrong! My bank manager said that it's very strange that you don't know this. He said that every banker knows that every IBAN starts with a two letter country code (like GB for Britain).

Well, Mr Adam, I must say I am quite dissatisfied with your performance. You have given me wrong information TWO TIMES and I went to my bank TWO TIMES and made a fool of myself, because I trusted your information.

I run a business here, Mr Adam, I can not afford for you to waste my time!

So please, please, PLEASE:
DO YOUR JOB and send me that IBAN, so that I can finally transfer the money.

Deborah Smith
Deborah Smith 13 August 2013 09:40
FWD: IBAN

Dear Tony,

I am forwarding my last mail to Mr Adam. I am speechless, I must say...

Yours,
Debby

[email protected] <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 09:55
RE: IBAN

BRANCH;HAATSO BRANCH

IBAN ; 1050190032021

SWIFT; FBLIGHAC

RIDGE TOWERS,PMB 43,
CANTOMENTS,
ACCRA-GHANA

if you cannot wire to this account,then forget it please you not dealing with children here ok.

Last edited by sozola on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
sozola
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoa, he's actually breaking character, here. Telling a customer to forget her own money... dealing with children... And all over this little IBAN business. I was very surprised.

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 09:58
RE: FWD: IBAN

Hi,

Here in ghana we do not use IBAN. So i appreciate your sincere effort to help.

But it seems you not real. so chao

And look, Tony is breaking character, too. For some reason, being asked for an IBAN has convinced them I'm not real, while IMHO this was a very realistic part of my behaviour.
But it get's better:

[email protected] <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 10:05

Hello,

Tell your banker that he should shove that IBAN SOFTWARE in his ass ok.
Since you refuse following simple instructions please dont send email to this department again.

Adam

OHO! Profanity!

[email protected] <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 10:33
SWIFT: FBLIGHAC

BRANCH;HAATSO BRANCH
SWIFT; FBLIGHAC
RIDGE TOWERS,PMB 43,
CANTONMENTS,
ACCRA - GHANA.

we use swift code and if you truthful as you have said your banker will not be so foolish to know that banks from Africa do not need IBAN all you need is the swift code account number,account names,bank address so if you now telling me that you know it better then why worry me forget it.
Please

Now Debby, teacher that she is, teaches the bankers how to do their job.

Deborah Smith 13 August 2013 17:51

Mr Adam,

I must say I am shocked! I have been busy teaching all day. Now I return to my desk to close the day and instead of the required information, I find chaotic mails sending me the same information over and over again.
Also, I am enraged that you insulted my bank account manager! HE is doing his job. That can't be said about some other people I could name...

And just to make this clear: I DON'T REFUSE ANYTHING! I have followed your instructions to the letter. But YOU HAVE FAILED to give me correct instructions over and over again:
First you claimed that every bank in Britain is using this Western United System: WRONG.
Then you claimed that the account number you gave me is the IBAN: WRONG.
Then you claimed that you don't use IBAN in Ghana, at all. Guess what: WRONG again!

See here, I have invested 15 minutes of my precious time to search the internet for information about how the IBAN generation scheme in Ghana works and here it is:

YOUR IBAN: GH40FBLIGHAC1050190032021

And if you enter that into one of the IBAN validation tools that you so despise, it checks out valid. Try it: http://iban.com/validation/

I await your sincere apologies for your impertinent tone, for your insults towards my bank account manager and for your continued FAILURE.

Deborah Smith

It's actually a formally valid IBAN.
Deborah Smith 13 August 2013 17:54

Dear Tony,

good news. I have found the IBAN myself. A little research in the internet is all it took: GH40FBLIGHAC1050190032021

I don't understand the phrase "so chao". I open a door for him to stay in character. But from context, I guess it means "well informed". Correct? Did you want to tell me that I was not really well informed about this IBAN business?

Well, it seems I was right.

I have sent the information to Mr Adam. But he was so rude to me, I don't know if I want to work with him, anymore. Do you have a contact address of his superior? I think I want to report the man!
Or do you think that would bring unwanted attention towards our transaction?

Yours,

Debby
Mr Adam is still upset and still half out of character.

[email protected] <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 18:01
GH40FBLIGHAC1050190032021

Madam,

Please as far as am concern when you transferring funds to Ghana,you do not require GH40FBLIGHAC1050190032021 to proceed,so am not your slave to apologise,you can forget it for all i care.

No one in london require iban to transfer money to the account i gave you so your banker knows nothing so i do not care how you or any person feels am no more listening to this bullshit.

If you cannot wire to the account i sent you please default.

Adam

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 18:05

Hi,

Am totally confused now. Good!
It seems you want to let the head office investigate these funds.but i do not know what to do or say anymore?
Your IBAN Issue is irrelevant well i myself have lost faith in you.so its either you go to a pay phone to call me up on +233244557209 or forget it all am no longer interested ok.
The account is now in your names and if you know your banker dont want you to wire to the account Mr. Adams gave you then forget it.

Tony

Mr Adam seems to feel the IBAN-pain deep in his heart.

[email protected] <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 18:10

Its your corresponding bank from your UK that suppose to search my country IBAN,Ghana IBAN is for all Ghana foreign transaction not narrowed to my bank aloe and its your bank manager duty to know it not mine and

Adam

Deborah Smith 13 August 2013 18:15

Dear Tony,

OK, I understand. We don't want any more attention to this transaction. So I will swallow my pride and my anger at Mr Adam's impertinence and will not insist on an apology.
I will simply quietly transfer the money, tomorrow and hope that I won't have to deal much with him, in the aftermath.

Well, partner, keep your fingers crossed. I still think everything is going to turn out well, despite Mr Adam's crass incompetence.

Yours,
Debby
Deborah Smith 13 August 2013 18:12
RE: GH40FBLIGHAC1050190032021

Mr Adam,

of course I can wire to his account, now that I have the IBAN. And I will do so, tomorrow.

But I must say I will not accept that you call my considerable efforts to conclude this deal as "bullshit". That would be a more apt description of your job performance.

But I am not interested to prolong this any more than necessary. I will wire the money tomorrow and hope to get this towards a quick end.

Deborah Smith

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 18:17

ok

He can't let the matter go. This scammer must have been proud to know his way around banks. It seems this IBAN-business hurt is self-esteem...

[email protected] <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 18:21

Without arguing much,the info you sent me and the info i sent you is all thesame.
Swift/FBLIGHAC
A/C #/1050190032021
WHEN YOU PUT THIS TOGETHER YOU GET FBLIGHAC1050190032021 LEAVING OUT GH40 WHICH IS MY COUNTRY TRANSACTION INTERNATIONAL CODE,SO I INNITIALLY GAVE YOU THRE CORRECT THING OK.

Adam

Deborah Smith 13 August 2013 18:27

Mr Adam,

yes, I am aware of this. I had to research how an IBAN is generated in Ghana, remember?

Are you telling me you already knew this, before? Why didn't you just tell me? I am no banker? How could I know? If you had told me: "Ms Smith, you can easily generate the IBAN by adding "GH40"+Swift-Bic+Account Number", I would have been satisfied.

Instead, you told me that you don't even have IBANs in Ghana and let me do all the work. And on top of that, you call the efforts I put into this "bullshit".

Deborah Smith

[email protected] <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 18:33

Hello Ms,

So am very sorry accept my apology

Ibrahim Adam

Wow, that sounded sincere, right?
Deborah Smith 13 August 2013 19:31

Dear Mr Adam,

apology accepted.

Regards,
Deborah Smith
Now that the IBAN adventure was over, I did not try to delay very much. I hoped the account would be down, soon enough.

[email protected] <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 19:36

Ms Smith,

At what time are you going to make the transfer.
Please dont forget to forward to me the transfer slip.
Without it no proof to collect money so its very important
you tell your account manager that he must give to you a transfer slip to send to me
to be able to pick up the $8750.

So now that you got all the info hope nothing goes wrong this time.

Adams Ibrahim

Deborah Smith 13 August 2013 19:58

Dear Mr Adam,

this is unusual, but OK, I will forward you the transfer slip.

Have a nice evening. You're sure working late...

Regards,
Deborah Smith

[email protected] <[email protected]> 13 August 2013 20:12
Transfer Of Funds

OKEY

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 14 August 2013 11:47

Hi Debby,

Good morning, how are you doing today,hopefully good i suspect.
Have you made the transfer to Mr. Adams yet?
Please send me update.

Best Regards,

Tony

Deborah Smith 14 August 2013 13:30

Hi Tony,

I'm fine thank you. How are you holding up? I realise it must be very stressful for you, with Mr Adam acting up like he does. Your job is in danger, after all. But don't worry, we will soon conclude this affair and then we won't have to worry about Mr Adam again.

I will go to the bank this afternoon. I have an hour's break between to lessons, then. I'll have to hurry, though, I'm very busy finishing up everything that has to be done for a week. I'll be going to this short trip to Italy from Thursday to Sunday, remember? But I'll make my visit to the bank my top priority.

Take care, partner.

Regards,
Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 14 August 2013 13:54

just update me

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 14 August 2013 15:05

Hi Debby,

Am worried till i see you activate the account today then i will know you my real partner
How will i know you sent it.
Forward me the transfer info too for record keeping.
Its noon here already how many hours from now you talking about?

Regards,

Tony

[email protected] <[email protected]> 14 August 2013 15:05

Good Afternoon Ms Smith,

I was thinking by now you finished sending me the transfer info.
But if you will not be doing it anyway please let me close the activation window
and proceed with other official duties.

ou told me you be sending it in the morning today but its noon and break time here in ghana already no word from your end.

Yours Faithfully,

Adams Ibrahim.

Deborah Smith 14 August 2013 15:10

Dear Mr Adam,

I have wired the money, today. See the attached transfer slip.
Kindly proceed with your duties.

Regards,
Deborah Smith

I was quite proud of my fake transfer slip.
Deborah Smith 14 August 2013 15:20
Transfer successful

Hi Tony,

I went to the bank today and transferred the money. I have attached the scan of the receipt for you.

I'm glad this is over with. I despise this Mr Adam character. You can be glad he is not your superior, because you work at another branch.

Anyway, I'm happy we have finally done this. The rest is going to be easy, don't you think?

Well, Mr Adam said it's going to take a few days to process the fees and to reactivate the dormant account.
It's just as well, because I go to a short trip to Italy until Sunday.

When I'm back, maybe we can already celebrate and make plans for our meeting here in Britain.

Well, my dear Tony, we have done well, don't you think? It took considerable effort on my side to get over Mr Adam's personality quirks, but we stuck together and did it.

I'll email you on Monday, when I'm back in my school and you're back in your office.

Yours,
Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 14 August 2013 15:51
RE: Transfer successful

Debby,

I have tried looking up on google this UNITED ARTIST BANK OF CONWALL but i cant find it.please can you please send me the banks address and telephone number?

The bank receipt does not carry no telephone number nor address please clearify?

Tony

It seems they are still suspicious because of the IBAN-business. Well, this is ending, fast.
Deborah Smith 14 August 2013 17:19

Dear Tony,

On 14 August 2013 15:51, Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> wrote:
>Debby,
>
>I have tried looking up on google this UNITED ARTIST BANK OF CONWALL but i cant find it.please can you please send me the banks address and telephone number?

That's because you have misspelled it. It's CORNWALL not CONWALL. But even if you enter it correctly, it's not in the top search results, because there is this big American film company called "United Artists Pictures" and all the web pages about them and their movies clutter up the search results. No way a regional cooperative bank can compete with UA for search ranks. Click your way through it. It's somewhere in the back.

Anyway, if you want to write them, the address is:
United Artist Bank of Cornwall, PO box 9987462, Cornwall TR7 2FG, UK

That's their central box address, of course. The bank counter I go to here in Newquay is in the Whitegate Shopping Center on Henver Road, inside of the Post Office.
The address is: 7 Whitegate Shopping Complex, Henver Road, Newquay, Cornwall TR7 3BP

>The bank receipt does not carry no telephone number nor address please clearify?

No it doesn't. They never do. Isn't that usual in your country, too? I think the one you sent me doesn't have an address, either. But I can't check that, now. I have to run. I have a plane to catch.

Take care, partner. I'll email you on Monday.

Yours,
Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 14 August 2013 19:58

Hi,

Okey travel well
I expect to hear from you on updates from Mr. Adams By Monday.
Safe journey,stay blessed.

Tony

[email protected] <[email protected]> 15 August 2013 12:34

Ms Smith,

I have received the slip.
But must wait till it clears.

Adams Ibrahim

Adams Ibrahim seems satisfied with my transfer slip.

[email protected] <[email protected]> 15 August 2013 14:14

Hello Ms Smit,

Please can you please give me your IBAN to your accounts incase everything goes through,and eventually your account is activated probably by Monday or Teusday next week depends on when you activation money clears.

Adams Ibrahim

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 15 August 2013 14:44
RE: Transfer successful...You Lied...
Whitegate Post Office

Whitegate Post Office/7 Whitegate Shopping Complex Henver Road, Newquay, Cornwall TR7 3BP

01637 85101.

I just called the post office you said you made the transfer and i was told nothing like that exists.so whas your game plan?

He actually called the post office? I hadn't anticipated that. I didn't want to waste regular post people's time.

[email protected] <[email protected]> 15 August 2013 14:44

Ms Smith,

Am afraid i will be needing your swift account code and IBAN asap.

But i know that this is not a good transfer slip.ypou made this up.

Suddenly, Mr Adam is sure my transfer slip is fake. For two bankers NOT AT ALL communicating with each other, they've shown remarkable coordination. I decided to escalate and end this, quickly.
Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 10:41
RE: Transfer successful...You Lied...

Dear Tony,

I have just quickly checked my email on a internet terminal in my hotel, and now I find this.

Is this a joke? If so, it's not funny.

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 10:55

Good morning Ms,

Well am keeping my fingers cross till Monday to see if the account will be activated because i doubt this transfer reciept
well i hope its clears and everything in order.
Hope your trip is awesome and you catching fun?

Tony

Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 11:07

Tony,

I don't understand this emails you write me. First they are hostile and now they are very friendly but it still sounds you accuse me of lying.
I must say this is very irritating. Frankly, I don't know why I bother with his whole business, any more.

I will not let my holiday trip be spoiled by this madness.

Debby
[/color]

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 11:10

Hi,

To clear my doubts that's this transfer is legit
you must send me your IBAN to the account of United Artist Bank Of Cornwall
were the said receipt was made

Tony

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 11:11

ok

Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 11:13

Tony,
have you talked to Mr Adam?

Debby

Let's see how he reacts when confronted with the surprisingly well coordinated actions of his partner.

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 11:19

Hi,

No i took it to the central accounting officer i mean the reciept you gave me
so he said i can deman d your IBAN to track the funds.

Tony

Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 11:31

Are you serious?

You have told me this is all soooo very secret that I can't even ask Mr Adam about such a trivial thing like an IBAN, and now you run to your central accounting officer and wave my receipt under his nose?

You are joking, right? You're trying to play a little trick on Debby while she's on vacation?
Like I said, it's not funny.

I'm going to log off this terminal now. This is crazy.

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 11:36
YOUR IBAN

Hello,

The account manager do not know about our transactions.Its still top secret.
Am just trying to confirm the authentisity of the said United Artist Bank were our $3.5m is going to end up.

Hope you know what am talking about.
Its my duty to do my own back ground check ok

Iwith your IBAN I can track and know if this account is good,active or not
if you correct why not give me your IBAN???

Tony

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 11:55
Your IBAN

Hi,

With your IBAN i can track the $8750 from my end.
Its me who needs it not no body else.

Tony

Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 13:30
RE: Your IBAN

Tony,

this is ridiculous. Mr Adam wants it, too. How do you explain that?

Debby
Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 13:30

Mr Adam,

you must be kidding. When I wanted to know your IBAN, you were all over me, throwing profanity like "bullshit" towards me and telling me that you don't use IBAN in Ghana. And now you absolutely need my IBAN, "asap"? And you even throw accusations at me!

Do you realise how ridiculous this is?

You know what? Same rules for everybody. I had to calculate your IBAN myself, because you REFUSED to give it to me. Same rules for everybody. Calculate that stupid IBAN yourself.

Deborah Smith
Around two hours after Debby's last mail, I make a show of "discovering" that the two of them are fraudsters:

Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 15:29

Tony,

I'm going to make this short.

I don't know what you are playing here, but I this whole business is just too fishy.

It seems to be that you and Mr Adam are coordinating your actions when supposedly he is not informed about your involvement. I have given the whole matter a lot of thought. The only logical explanation for the behaviour of you and Mr Adam I can think of is that you are not honest with me.

Should I be wrong about you, I am sorry. But still, I don't want to be part of this, any more. Either you and Mr Adam are frauds, or you are madmen.

I will contact my bank and recall the money.

Goodbye,
Deborah Smith

[email protected] <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 15:35

Hello Madam,

Please am sorry of you angry but i need your IBAN to wire the $3.5m.
But the activation of your account is yet to be confirmed main while i will need your IBAN.

Adams Ibrahim

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 15:42

Please recall it am not begging you all i want you to do is please let Mr. Adam know that you are defaulting and he should suspend the account indefinately.
Thanks

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 15:40

Hi Debby,

I dont know why Adams might want it to maybe they are about activating the account and possibly needing it to validate and wire the funds to you once the account is active.

Well am still telling you not to let them know am directly involved.Well the bank i had looked for it but still cannot find it.Its all weird google dont know a hint for it its very weird

Am keeping my fingers crossed because i called the post office that you said its in the shopping mall you made the transfer but i was told no banking counter to the bank you mentioned so am still skeptical if you real or not am not insulting you but its all looking very clear that that particular bank dont exist ok.

Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 15:43

Tony,

there is no reason to keep your fingers crossed. I am just writing my email to my bank account manager.

You are a fraud. No money will come.

Debby

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 15:43

Please i know its all fraud and your united artist bank do not exist ok

Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 15:44

Let him know yourself. He's your partner after all.

I thought you were my partner, but you are full of lies.

Debby

>On 16 August 2013 15:42, Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> wrote:
>Please recall it am not begging you all i want you to do is please let Mr. Adam know that you are defaulting and he should suspend the account indefinately.
>Thanks

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 15:46

well the account is in your names well its ok i will get my lawyer take care of it ok

Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 15:49

Come on, Tony. One honest sentence! There is no account. Admit it.

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 15:57

well one simple answer
united artist bank of conwall is just a facade and you know it so stop you games ok

Dwamenah Tony <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 15:52
To: "[email protected]"
Transfer

Smith,

I know am real and know what am doing but you know you not real and you know that too,well if actually you wired $8750 which i know you never did,even if you it clears i will still wire it back straight back to you but lying is worse for a woman your age.If actually you did send which i have 100% doubt you didn't i will send itback,because once the $8750 hit the account i gave you no bank can call it back except i resent it back to you ok

I can hardly decide what to laugh at, more: The promise to wire the money back or that "lying is worse for a woman" of Debby's age. I think the latter, because he seems to actually believe that.

[email protected] <[email protected]> 16 August 2013 15:56

Madam,

You calculated the IBAN because i gave you the correct info like swift code and an existing account number and an existing bank with an existing bank accounts and swift looking at your transfer request nothing of that nature exist to look it up myself so my good friends am personally advising you to give me your correct IBAN to enter into the IBAN COLUMN because up till this very moment no bank in UK knows of the united artist bank of cornwall.

Adams Ibrahim

Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 16:01

Mr Adam, or whatever your real name is.

you are wrong ONCE MORE. But that doesn't matter. I have just received conformation by my (allegedly non-existent) bank account manager that he was able to recall the money before it was processed by the receiving bank.

So you can just forget it. Your partner will explain everything to you.

Goodbye,
I am glad I don't have to bear writing to you, anymore.

No regards,
Deborah Smith
Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 16:03

Oh yes, you are an expert on banks. I can see that, Mr "We don't use IBAN in Ghana!".

You are a very funny man when you try to bluff.

But I must give you that: I really believed you were real until you started to mess around with that IBAN business.

Well, I don't know what to wish you.

Debby
Deborah Smith 16 August 2013 16:23

Tony,

>united artist bank of conwall is just a facade and you know it so stop you games ok
Oh and just once more, for fun: It's "Cornwall" not "Conwall".

I'm really not surprised that you don't find anything with that level of incompetence.
You have not the slightest idea how cooperative regional banks run by trade unions work in the UK, right? NO IDEA.

But anyway, it's funny that you always write "Conwall". You know what a "con" is? It's short for "confidence trick". That's what you and Mr Adam tried to do to me.

So, have fun with your conwall, cause that's all you're going to get.

Debby

I know, that last mail could be considered gloating, but I tried to do it in character Wink

=============================================
THE END
=============================================

Well, I'm quite satisfied for the first completed bait. Killed a bank account and got a team of scammers really angry about an IBAN. I still try to kill their domain. Let's hope the registrar is coming out of its slumber and takes action.

"Tell your banker that he should shove that IBAN SOFTWARE in his ass ok." - Ibrahim Adams, Head of Transfer Department Office
cowfordinner
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good job. Nice straight bait + bank account clapping Well done.

EDIT: oh, and you got a nice sig line out of it, too Smile

"You have not even received the inheritance funds but you have already shown me the kind of undomesticated animal that you are"
sozola
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks!
Yes, Adams going apeshit about that IBAN validator was my favourite moment Wink

Thank you for giving feedback. Much appreciated.

"Tell your banker that he should shove that IBAN SOFTWARE in his ass ok." - Ibrahim Adams, Head of Transfer Department Office
michibait
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Absolutely fabulous job of irritating and time wasting the scammer.
I too loved the United Artist Bank and IBAN exchanges.
And congrats on the piggy, keeps Alan busy Cool

Quote:
I picked it up from the surplus letters here. Your typical crooked banker. Here goes:

It's rare to get any feedback from posting in surplus letters (I'm the poster). I get an average of 2 scams a day in my RL e-mail and generally pass them on here. Good to know they are actually being used.
sozola
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks! Yes, I thought it to be a good idea to post in the respective surplus letters thread. I'm glad you liked the bait that came out of it.

Thanks for your feedback!

woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ is this the same bank account?

Fresh email

Quote:
Delivered-To: <removed>@gmail.com
Received: by 10.114.79.234 with SMTP id m10csp389284ldx;
Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:26:52 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.68.164.228 with SMTP id yt4mr9849886pbb.141.1380320811034;
Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from outbound-ss-10.bluehost.com (outbound-ss-10.bluehost.com. [67.20.65.176])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id ds3si8077343pbb.319.1969.12.31.16.00.00;
Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:26:50 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 67.20.65.176 as permitted sender) client-ip=67.20.65.176;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 67.20.65.176 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: (qmail 30385 invoked by uid 0); 27 Sep 2013 22:26:49 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO mailchannelsproxy5.unifiedlayer.com) (10.0.90.85)
by soproxy3.bluehost.com with SMTP; 27 Sep 2013 22:26:49 -0000
X-Sender-Id: {6039:rsj14.rhostjh.com:fideliu2:fidelitybank-gh.com} {sentby:smtp auth 127.0.0.1 authed with [email protected]}
Received: from rsj14.rhostjh.com ([UNAVAILABLE]. [66.147.243.74])
by 0.0.0.0:2500 (trex/4.8.8Cool;
Fri, 27 Sep 2013 22:26:49 GMT
Received: from [127.0.0.1] (port=42049 helo=www.fidelitybank-gh.com)
by rsj14.rhostjh.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.80)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1VPgUr-00035B-63
for <removed>@gmail.com; Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:26:49 -0600
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8;
format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:26:49 -0600
To: C s <<removed>@gmail.com>
Subject: Transfer Of Funds
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-Sender: [email protected]
User-Agent: Roundcube Webmail/0.8.5
X-Identified-User: {6039:rsj14.rhostjh.com:fideliu2:fidelitybank-gh.com} {sentby:smtp auth 127.0.0.1 authed with [email protected]}

Hello ,

Your $3.5m wire transfer request will be approved upon the activation of your account Your account had been dormant now since 2007,so to activate transfer you need to send $8,750 via the account below. Accra Ghana.So just follow up and activate your account the wire transfer will be effected as soon as YOU ACTIVATE your account.As soon as this is received,your wired transfer will be within 24 working hours.Mind you since 2007 this account had been dormant,no withdrawal made,no deposit made so we thought may be you were dead,but we said we have to hold on till we heard from you.

Money Gram Or Western Union is accepted if you send directly to THE Names Am going to Provide to you.
Or use this account for transpirency.

BRANCH;HAATSO BRANCH
A/C#; 1050190032021
SWIFT; FBLIGHAC
GH40FBLIGHAC1050190032021
RIDGE TOWERS,PMB 43,
CANTOMENTS,
ACCRA-GHANA

Regards
Alhaji Ibrahim Adam.
Transfer Dept.
[email protected]
[email protected]
+233 267788266

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
sozola
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, same bank account, same email, same Mr Ibrahim Adams. But he now has taken Alhaji into his name, too. That's a title for those who have done the pilgrimage to Mecca, right?
It seems he was busy, in the meantime.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic