SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craigslist: Nigerian Scam Alert

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rzrsk8er
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, I am new here. I was recently ALMOST scammed via Craigslist for 1100 bucks for some camera equipment. Im sure this has been posted here before, but thought i would try again to let others know how they go about this business.

first, i was selling CAMERA EQUIPMENT (Nikon DSLR to be exact) was contacted same day about somebody very interested. said they were unable to meet up becuase they were in MICHIGAN taking care of their SICK DAUGHTER. fine whatever, they offered me an extra 90 dollars over what I was asking for (which was already overpriced) for me to ship it to them. sure, its just Michigan, no big deal. Next, he said he can only make payment from A BANK ACCOUNT OR PAYPAL, another huge red flag for me. I gave him paypal knowing it would be harder to hack. sent him an invoice. minutes later he had generated a FAKE EMAIL with PayPal logos, reference numbers, the whole deal. looked very legit, almost had me fooled. but it didnt come from [email protected], came from [email protected] and [email protected]. Any "Contact Us" link in the email led me to accountant.com, which after a google search came up as a scamming website. for other's sake The person's name was Alphonso Chui and the phone number used to contact me was 218-461-0547. I have read other's being scammed from the same email so please people take the time to google phone numbers when making deals on craigslist ESPECIALLY if they are out of your area code.

things I have seen others post about this on other websites:
-That phone number is some sort of a google account, not a real phone, so if you try and call it you will never get to the real person **redflag**
-The person didnt tell me the shipping address UNTIL THE FAKE PAYPAL EMAIL WHEN HE SAID IT WOULD BE SHIPPING TO NIGERIA, After speaking with PayPal on the phone, THEY DONOT SUPPORT NIGERIA. So if its going there, its likely to be fake.
-this person was VERY fast and easy to deal with. they knew they wanted it, they wanted to end the sale fast, and they wanted my information fast. Im lucky I caught on when I did and i hope this post helps others stop these bastards from stealing from us.

Here's another link where I found some info after a quick search of the phone number..
http://clscammers.blogspot.com/2012/11/these-bastards-even-have-phone-numbers.html
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55235

BEWARE: accountant.com email addresses, nigerian mailing addresses through craigslist deals, [email protected] paypal account.

thanks all - Rzr
aznlife
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Holy crap dude. I almost got scammed from this pos too. Just now. Same story to the T just different out of state reason. I was suspicious so Google his name. Then came across this post. Thanks!
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

accountant.com is a domain of mail.com, and they give you free e-mail address like : [email protected]

it is not a scammer site. It is legit.

mail.com is advertiser supported and does offer you to sign up for various e-mails for things. You don't have to sign up for this to get the free account.

GOOD NEWS: They HATE 419 e-mails. Report them at [email protected] and they'll shut down their accountant.com account.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic