SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Would YOU trust a baiter?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Phil Yerboots
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think baiters have a heightened sense of fairness, decency and morals (Well most of us Very Happy ) and an utter hatred of thievery, deceit and greed which encourages us to try and restore a more harmonious balance to this screwed up world.

Knowing that baiters are made of 'The Right Stuff'. Would you implicitly trust a baiter despite them being a complete stranger? Or are we as corruptible as everyone else?

"You are sick and need medical attention. I just realised." Pee
CryHavoc
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Phil Yerboots wrote:
Would you implicitly trust a baiter despite them being a complete stranger?

When our hobby is lying to complete strangers? Laughing

GhanaIvory CoastUnited KingdomUnited StatesBeninBelizeChinaCambodia FlagMaltaKenyaNigeriaNew ZealandVenezuelaSwedenTogoKorean FlagSouth AfricaCanadaMalaysiaBelgiumUnited NationsTurkeyFranceIraq FlagTurkeyUnited Arab Emirates
Safari Rushforth the lame (with Dharma, Dr Mike and TheDane) "I am a stranger in this land and you know what animals are doing to humans in that zone"
Safari London - Berwick
"You are mentally ill, You would need some physician." Dr Bar. Destiny Moon Principal Partner. (Esq.) Moon Chambers & Assoc.
"God be with you for playing around my brain" Tina Jasmine
"God purnish u ad ur juju man una go die 4 motor accident" Mr Well Paulson
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've trusted three Baiters enough to meet them in person. I don't think that means all Baiters are 100% honest people. Like any other pool of humanity, there will be those (Hopefully Small Few) that may use Baiting for their own gain. Baiters that condone Cash Baiting for instance. Are they trust-able in Real Life? Maybe, Maybe not.

(That'll be two more cents Please.)
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As said above, mixed group all is possible.
My $0.02
Anonymous membership of a anonymous website doesn't grantee anything, I'm afraid.
Con-men mingle with their victims to appear trust worthy and that is where the money is.
People can be trained to say(type) the right thing and keep other things hidden, nothing is easier online.

There's no police on the internet, so basically consider it all fake until proven otherwise. (why is there no police there?)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"We value virtue but do not discuss it. The honest bookkeeper, the faithful wife, the earnest scholar get little of our attention compared to the embezzler, the tramp, the cheat." -John Steinbeck

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess the question is "to do what." I think we come in all shapes, sizes and ethics. I've trusted a couple to meet or with my RL infor or to meet. I Skype with my mentor. But to post RL details under log-in.? I don't think so.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Capone wrote:
we come in all shapes, sizes

Yup. SOOI tips the scales at over 650 pounds. I have no idea what that is in Metric or Stones, I just call him fat. I still accept him for who he is, our man-love is strong.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also trust Capones mentor. I trusted him enough to meet him and even though my train was hopelessly late he showed up at the station to greet me well after midnight. So I assume he trust me too.

Regarding SOOI, I trust him as far as I can throw him. Which obviously isn't very far with a weight of 394 kilos.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Phil Yerboots
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Pastor Frank - nice quote.

Capone said
Quote:
I guess the question is "to do what."

Hypothetically speaking, if I was stredded in a foriegn land and was given the choice of contacting a nearby baiter or a distant member of my family (neither of whom I knew) for help - I think I would plump for the baiter.

Whether they'd let me in the door however is another matter. But I have a sense that baiter's are people who like to help.

Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ If you're ever stuck in the West side of the Mitten state. Let me know. I'll at least point you to a local bridge to sleep under. LOL.

Last edited by Big Al on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm on the paranoid side but have developed a good level of trust with some baiters over the years. I wouldn't trust someone just because they are a baiter, after all there are different motivations for doing so, not always in line with my own. however if I develop a rapport with someone, through PMs for example, then trust can develop from our shared involvement in a baiting community.

I was meant to meet a baiter recently but somehow there was a minor miscommunication and I found myself waiting in a field in the rain for ten hours, missed my ferry back to the mainland and had to sleep under a cow until morning.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Which reminds me. It's been a long while since the last beer and vindaloo. RL been hectic for the last year but should calm down sometime over the coming months.

I've met a good few baiters over the years.

Don't ask me how, but you can always spot them in a crowed pub, (it's usually a pub Wink ) even if you've never met them before, you sense it's they whom you are supposed to be meeting. Baiters, somehow tend to stick out, which is strange considering they like to keep low profile in the virtual world. Confused Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't trust me even if I wasn't a baiter...

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Now you tell me.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For the lads:
Of course you can trust a baiter, we can supply any form, id or certificate you might desire, pictures of all things that happened and some of things that didn't.

We buy anything like flux-capacitors to Tiberium and pay good prices.
We will love you till the end just as much as in the beginning, we always answer your emails (after a while sometimes, but we answer) and we are only thinking of your well-being, no matter the costs.

We might ask some effort of you to leave the computer and make a nice (short) trip with all services included and we are very friendly.

The occasional slap is always well deserved and just meant to keep your attention. Wink

The only trouble we have is the actual payments never comes through, but we always have another solution we can try then Twisted Evil

A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A handful of baiters on this forum know my real name and location. So far it has worked out. None have called or written to ask for money.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've met seven baiters over the years. And the surprising thing you find out is that there are no surprises. They are the same crazy people you talk to and work with here on these pages. They even force you give them safari hats for making you do the traveling. And they want their compensation payments in food and beer, too. Razz

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of the most and least trustworthy people I've met are baiters. Or was it bankers? I always get those two mixed up.

Phil Yerboots
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup. I realised where I went wrong now. A person new to Eater called Plumsy posted in General Chat
Quote:
You all sure are a friendly bunch!

Thanks for every reply, links to pages and for making me feel welcome.

and I went all misty-eyed. It won't happen again.

GeorgeBush
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very interesting question! IMO baiters should be trusted far more than your average bear.

If I really needed some money, I wouldn't even consider asking this group! If someone here asked for something... hmm, it would have to be a person with a great deal of patience that had built up a large amount of credibilty. Seems unlikely that a scammer would successfully infiltrate, but good to be alert to the possibility...

Easter Egg 2013
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like with everyone else I deal with in RL, it depends on the individual person as to whether or not I would trust them. I can count on two fingers the number of people who I would absolutely trust with my life. The rest of the people whom I trust I'd only go so far as 90% be they a baiter or RL life person I know.

I've met several baiters over the past few years. Most have been exactly as I imagined them to be when I met them.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm cautious by nature, though if someone has a shared mutual interest & cause it does help with my willingness to cautiously begin to trust them. For example, I would not answer an email from a random person I had never spoken to before and agree to meet them in person - however, someone that I have "known" via screennames and conversed with here on Eater, I would be willing to do so.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd love to meet a fellow baiter. I nearly met thelovelyjill as we're in the same city but she couldn't make it. Something about toenails. I believe her. She's a baiter.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic