SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Steam trains

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23109971

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never have figured out what it is that makes a steam locomotive so interesting to people. I'm spending a day longer at my first hotel just in order to see one go past. Then we'll chase it up the line a couple of more times, hoping to photograph it here for all of a minute

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When a steam loco is in steam then and moving along the tracks then it is alive, that is where the romance of railways comes from, in a museum, stationary and not moving and is dead, then its lost its appeal.

Closed lad accounts x40

you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm off to see all 6 surviving A4 streamliners gathered around the turntable at York railway museum next week. As the article says, one has been brought back from Canada and one from the USA for the event. I will try and report back with photos.

I declare an interest here, as I have been known to get up at 5am to go and help light a steam loco on a local preserved railway, then spend a long day as part of the loco crew. To be on the footplate when the driver is giving it full bananas is quite something.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm positively drooling at the thought of steam trains. Used to belong to the local historical railway society for many years. Only left when it started to get too political and to much back stabbing amongst various cliques.

They have one of my favourite engines - a 60 class (aka a Beyer Garratt). When I was a member it was a static display but for the past couple of years it has slowly been worked on to bring it back into operational condition. Might take a few more years as all the money needed for repairs are from donations.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper you are not the only one going to York next week, manage to get the wife to come, meeting my former work mates as well.
One of my mates use to be a fireman on the East Coast mail line.

Wife is getting her own back next month, I'm being dragged to see a concert by her favourite group, "Status Quo", think I will leave my hearing aids at home. Wink Laughing

Closed lad accounts x40

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\ I saw Quo on their 'farewell' tour at Blackpool.

In 1978. Confused

Someone at the front was rocking with his head in the bass bin. I bet he wonders why he's deaf now. My wife has been dragged round York railway museum, she usually leaves me there, and comes and drags me out of the Warehouse at closing time.

@ dbest3, all clubs and societies get political and cliquey, railway societies are no exception. Beyer Garratts were built in Gorton Manchester. There's one in the museum here, but I've never seen one in steam, most are a funny gauge for overseas.

I'm going in to do some steam loco cleaning on Saturday. My wife can't understand how I come home stinking of diesel, but the only way to get them clean underneath is to stand under them in an inspection pit and brush them with diesel, usually stolen from a nearby shunter. I often get a go at firing them, chucking a shovel full of coal to the front of a long firebox is harder than it looks, and if you let the water level drop too far it turns into a bomb. No pressure then (it stops if you have no pressure, the brakes come on first).

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A 4 minute vid for your reminiscence/enjoyment http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23137106

Speaking of concerts I'm going to see The Who at Wembley Arena on Monday.

Closed lad accounts x21 from 1st bait and counting Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Sand Timer Apr 2012 - present 4 years months (includes 3 month hiatus due to boredom) "circling in one circle over one year now something must be going wrong”
x5 Easter Egg 2013
Mortar x1
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Pity no moment shown.

Some years ago a friend and I were speaking to a depot foreman, when he worked as a locomotive fireman, him and his mate were given the job of bringing Mallard from Peterborough to Doncaster at a reduced speed after it's record run on the 3rd of July 1938.

Closed lad accounts x40

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mallard had to be taken off the train at Peterborough, as the high speed had melted the inside big end bearing.

The special train turned up at Kings Cross to be greeted with puzzlement by the press, as it was being pulled by a small Ivatt Atlantic, that happened to be spare at Peterborough.

The wedge-shaped streamlining on the A4 was inspired by a Bugatti rail-car which Gresley (the designer) had observed in France.

I've traveled from York to Scarborough behind Mallard, and sat in the very comfy driver's leather lined bucket seat.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That is so beautiful; I can't believe they made trains like that in 1938. Why can't we have nice things now?

It does remind me of this though:

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn.That is a purely magnificent beast.We have our share on this side of the Atlantic,but that is a hard act to follow.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
chickenlegs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a kid we used to go on holiday every year in a cottage right next to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. It happened that the guy next door was a driver for one of the locomotives. Upon finding out that my Dad was a steam fan, he offered him a ride on the footplate, all the way from Grosmont to Pickering (virtually the whole length of the line).

My Dad was giddy as a child all day...unforgettable.

"Seriously did not plan to stay overnight.. I left my car parked in a wrong place in Benin and hope it doesnt get stolen before I get back..."

Closed lad accounts x 4
Pith Helmet Benin - Lagos 230km (WIMP)
Pith Helmet Johannesburg - Durban 1200km (WIMP)
Pith Helmet Cotonou - Lagos 240km (WIMP)
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There was another one of the class that held another record until 8/8/1989 when "Flying Scotsman" beat it in Australia.

That was A4 4902 "Seagull" which held the longest non-stop run by a steam locomotive in the world, still a British record.

As they use to run between London and Edinburgh non-stop picking up water on the way, from troughs set between the running rails.

One day they had a land slip between Edinburgh and Berwick on Tweed and their route was diverted, as this meant a longer distance arrangements were made for extra water stops.

But they had not taken the pride of the train crews into account.
There were two crews on each non-stop express a Scottish and an English one, they got together and worked it out they could do the run non-stop.
The crews on "Seagull being the first to try, other crews also managed to do the trip non-stop.

Closed lad accounts x40

IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Speaking of concerts I'm going to see The Who at Wembley Arena on Monday.

Who?

(Don't blame me....it had to be said.....)

"you can as well fuck the hell out" Barr. Peter Ojiko
"Don;t even try to mail me again,just forget about me forever.Even GO AWAY" Abu Tafa
Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic