SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should the British govenment pay scam baiters?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some time ago I reported an attempted scam to the police. They were not intersted in taking it up, as the amount was too small, and their chances of getting the criminal too low. But chatting to the policeman, it is clear that scammers are a big problem here in the UK.

It got me thinking. Would it be sensible for the British govenment to set up a department which scam baits, so wasting the time of scammers? If the scammers wasted enough time, they might give up. Knowing there is a funded group of scam baiters might make them pick on other countries, and leave us alone more. If that happened, other countries might do likewise.

wasname.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230851
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, please Cool
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this a job Application???

ETA: Sign me up...

Last edited by Big Al on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you doing drugs?

Well, then give me some!

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll have a side of faery dust, please. Very Happy

A noble thought, wasname. But it just doesn't work that way. Mad Scammers will not stop. They are relentless. I would gladly sign up for such an endeavor...I've had more success talking to a llama and scooping sand with tweezers.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There was something like it in the states "NEXT" or so but it has disappeared, hard to defend spending money on something you can't measure or even tell you're affective.

WU makes good money with it, nobody but the victim looses money, they just think stupid people until they go for one themselves.

It was estimated some years ago $200 million a year from the states alone, but as most money comes back in exchange for luxury goods and cars it's even good for the economy.

But if... I'm in, 14 hrs a day for minimum wages, no problem Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the British Government has enough problems of their own, even if the scammer problems were to hit the radar... they would still do nothing

If governments were to take it seriously something could be done, as it stands it is wishful thinking.

All we can do is to try to hamper the scammers efforts which we do very well Exclamation

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
There was something like it in the states "NEXT" or so but it has disappeared, hard to defend spending money on something you can't measure or even tell you're affective.

WU makes good money with it, nobody but the victim looses money, they just think stupid people until they go for one themselves.

I disagree nobody but the victim loses money. Everyone does, as the public pay for the police, and the police spend time on the crimes. I recall the policeman telling me he was working on a case where a restaurent owner had lost £28,000 falling for a scam. The police were spending time on it.

When people wire money, they will probably be contacting the bank about the loss. The bank staff will spend time on - probably not a lot to be honest, but their time has to be paid for.

So whilst the big losers are the victims, everyone loses to some extent.

wasname.

View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dunno about scambaiting, but there an agency that deals directly with fraud and internet crime. It's called "National Fraud Authority"
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/national-fraud-authority

They have also a sister site (Action Fraud) to report such crimes (it's run by a private company). This is their site:
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/home

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
CryHavoc
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looking at this years report on the National Fraud Authority's site makes for some interesting and shocking reading, even on on a quick flick through. Especially as it's been the subject of some questions elsewhere on the forum, as to how many replies formats can get.

Quote:
It is estimated that £3.5 billion is lost per year to mass-marketing fraud in the UK. This figure derived from research conducted in 2006 by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) of 11,200 people (including detailed follow-up interviews with 1,900 people about their experiences of mass-marketing fraud).

This is still considered the most robust figure available for mass-marketing fraud.

To supplement the above, the NFA conducted a survey in 2012 with a nationally representative sample of 4,000 UK adults to understand better how mass-marketing fraud is currently being committed.
The survey found the following.

1 million (2%) UK adults sent money in reply to unsolicited communications in the last 12 months – and just under one-half (almost 500,000 people) are believed to have been defrauded as a result;
Three-quarters of UK adults, around 37 million people, received unsolicited communication in the last 12 months. The majority were sent emails (85%). However, letters (40%), phone calls (44%) and text messages (27%) were received by significant minorities; 18 to 34 year-olds were more likely to receive texts than letters or phone calls, whilst the opposite was true for those aged 35 and over.
The research indicates that although the vast majority of people ignore unsolicited communications, the fraudsters’ return on investment is enough to make it worth their while continuing to target the public using mass-marketing communication techniques.

Not to mention:
Cheque fraud - £35M (forged, counterfeit or altered)
Plastic Card Fraud - £388M total, £245.8M of which is ‘cardholder not present fraud’ (the theft of genuine card details that are then used to make a purchase over the internet, by phone, or by mail order)

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind being paid for baiting. Very Happy

GhanaIvory CoastUnited KingdomUnited StatesBeninBelizeChinaCambodia FlagMaltaKenyaNigeriaNew ZealandVenezuelaSwedenTogoKorean FlagSouth AfricaCanadaMalaysiaBelgiumUnited NationsTurkeyFranceIraq FlagTurkeyUnited Arab Emirates
Safari Rushforth the lame (with Dharma, Dr Mike and TheDane) "I am a stranger in this land and you know what animals are doing to humans in that zone"
Safari London - Berwick
"You are mentally ill, You would need some physician." Dr Bar. Destiny Moon Principal Partner. (Esq.) Moon Chambers & Assoc.
"God be with you for playing around my brain" Tina Jasmine
"God purnish u ad ur juju man una go die 4 motor accident" Mr Well Paulson
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm interested but I won't work for anything less than 'Eater are currently paying...

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^
....not to mention meeting all those lovely ladies from Russia and Asia.

The Mods Room must be one non-stop Bunga Bunga party Smile

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing to stop you telling lads you are getting paid for replying to their emails. Add some fake guerilla marketing nonsense to your emails, and mail your lad ten or more times a day.

If they question it, say you are getting paid ten Dollars, Pounds, Euros by yahoo, gmail etc, every time they open your mail. Very Happy

Don't forget to give them subject titles like Important! or Read now! for extra effect.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The British government pays for me to scam-bait, they just don't know it as it was accidentally left out of my job description.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
491paddlesnap
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why would they pay anybody when there are hundreds if not thousands of people on the internet doing it for free?

Nonetheless, if they decide to do it, sign me up! Very Happy

Bibian Nelson: "If i had to undergo all this Shit the man in your goverment is telling me to do that means i will be Hospitalized."

Lee Gatsby, CC Lad - "STUPID MOFO...U NO GET MONEY BUY CC....FUCKIN BROKE N***A"

Agent Donald Parker: "Fuck you Rex. You told me that you sent money gram and you gave me 10 digit number."

Safari Bibian Nelson/Yusuf Adams: Lagos - Accra
Safari Morel Ducrou: Lome - Cotonou
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jackbirdy412 wrote:
Why would they pay anybody when there are hundreds if not thousands of people on the internet doing it for free?

Nonetheless, if they decide to do it, sign me up! Very Happy

The same can be said about a lot of jobs.

* Why pay the army, when the Teretorial Army does it for free http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Reserve_%28United_Kingdom%29

* Why pay the police, when pleny of police do it for free. http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/specials/

* Why pay footballers, when plenty of people play footbal as a hobby and enjoy it.

At the moment, the number of scam baits is not sufficient to make scamming uneconomic. If the number could be increased to such a point that the returns did not justify the effort, the problem would almost go away. It may be economically viable to actually increase the number of hours baiters spend on scammers. I must admit, it is difficult to know how to measure success on this one, but I guess the same is true of a lot of anti-terrorist work.

wasname

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic