SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How can a scammer track you?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
thrasher4
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How can a scammer track a scam baiter if he uses a yahoo email address? Are there any other ways they can find a baiter? Is gmail and crawle 100% safe to use? Also,who pays the people who sends out the fraudulent checks and money orders! Are there ways to track and find a scamemer? How do they get caught? I am thinking about getting a PO Box at my local post office but you must use your real name (mail comming in must have your real name on it.) Is that safe? I am sort of new to this. Please give some insight!
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater.... Laughing

Quote:
How can a scammer track a scam baiter if he uses a yahoo email address

I don't think that you have to worry about that, a scammer is focused on getting your money ! not all scammers are computer savvy, those that are would never think to try to track the emails that they send out.
We tend to use nothing associated with Real Life cos we are paranoid..... Laughing

Quote:
I am thinking about getting a PO Box at my local post office

Probably not a good idea. your baiting activities shoud never tie into your Real Life in anyway.

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, nothing is 100% safe, but what can they do, too far out most of the time.

Chatting, they can see your IP# and find a possible location, if you live in a big town, who cares.
Email with IP# same thing

Giving them personal info is a big nono, mailing address same thing, get a safe one as a orange member here.

They have been known to wait to see who picks up the mail.
Safari to your town, nono as they work in groups and you might not spot them all.

They know they are criminals and are willing to protect that, so stay away, keep a safe email and bug them that way.
Have fun, bait SAFE

#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just realized I hadn't checked my IP since I've stepping into my new life as someone with an Internet connection.

It looks like I'm safe as it shows that I'm around an hour and a half drive away. When I was using 3G it showed similar but the location varied quite a bit.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
thrasher4
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can a scammer come to this forum to track me? Why do some scammers watch victims getting their mail? Won't that expose them? How do they get caught? Should I get a p.o. box at my local post office or is that not safe?
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

some parts of this forum can be googled, so anybody can read what you write. Careful!
Yes a scammer might become a member here, but not for long, the staff here is good so not better Smile
I still don't type about my quest here just to be sure.
go to the forum and don't log in, that all is on google, remember that.

Edit:
Don't use your eater name as a baiter name and no links will be made

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
get a safe one as a orange member here.

(I don't do bling, I just do lads)

Wink
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a dropbox available to premium members. If, however, you live near the dropbox, I would advise you not to do it. If you live far from the dropbox, you may want to set up a dropbox, so that there isn't just one; ask the baiter who runs it for advice.

Besides not using your eater name as a baiter name, I suggest that when you publish a bait, you change a letter in your baiter name to an identical-looking one in a different alphabet (e.g. "p" to "р"). That should be enough to foil the suspicious lad who googles your baiter name. Or you could pick a name that's likely to generate hits unrelated to your bait, such as "Philip Havisham".

What's "crawle"? I googled it but the hits seem irrelevant.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some members support the site - others simply use the resources we provide. Such is life

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Something tells me the OP is even more confused now. The OP asked a few simple questions, questions we've all heard before. Please feel free to give straight forward answers without all the vague cloak and dagger references.

thrasher4 wrote:
Why do some scammers watch victims getting their mail?

They don't. There is no record of this ever occurring. The only reason I can see for it being mentioned is either an exaggeration of a baiter urban legend or an expansion of a post where a member asked a "what if" question. It has never happened though. Lad's scam, that's how they get money. They can't scam if they are hanging out waiting to see who picks up the mail.

thrasher4 wrote:
Can a scammer come to this forum to track me?

Your question is open to some interpretation and is why you are getting vague references about google and IP addresses. I believe your question is can a scammer track you because you are a member here and the answer to that is NO. You are a member here and so am I. Can you track me because of this?

People tell you not to give lads personal information or not to post personal information and you are probably thinking "well yeah, no duh". The logic behind this advice is sound and is well meant. Basically, don't post information that can be tracked directly back to you. By this I mean do not post an Email addy that a quick google search will lead to your real facebook account. That is just common sense and if you use it you will be fine.

As far as getting a PO box. I'd just wait a while before thinking about that. You need some time to figure out how baiting works. There's always time for a PO box later. Honestly speaking, you should learn about why a lad can or cannot track you because you use yahoo mail long before you should be considering a PO box.

vonpaso xlura wrote:
What's "crawle"?

I am pretty sure the OP is referring to the Email provider named crawler. Check out crawler.com. Being a man who can see the future, I will just answer the question now and state that crawler does not remove your IP address from the headers.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
thrasher4
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This forum says that crawler.com is safe! How is that if Crawler.com doesn't remove your IP address?
tazmanian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think ghost has given some very sound advice there.

"If this is a game you are pulling with us please stop we are not such people you have to be playing games with." - Mr. Charn Sophonpanich
thrasher4
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How is crawler safe if they don't remove your ISP?
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know anything about crawler. I do know that going to the IP tracker or a few different blogs will show you what they can see of your location. There are links to the tracker at the top and bottom of the pages here.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just set up a Crawler account and tested it. The header of the outgoing message does contain the sending IP address but as long as you are using a dynamic IP instead of a static one like many workplaces it is not an issue.

My baiter characters all have White Page listings with fictitious addresses and I have never been questioned by a lad about my K7 (Seattle, WA) phone number not correlating with my Beverly Hills, CA Zip Code.

If you are worried about IP addresses and do not want to be a Gmail Joker there is Hotmail.

On 7 March 2013 Julius at Microsoft wrote:

Hi Everyone,

In the pursuit of protecting the privacy of our users, Microsoft has opted to mask the X-Originating IP address. This is a planned change on the part of Microsoft in order to secure the well-being and safety of our customers.

Microsoft is in the path of continuously improving the online safety and security of its users. Any feedback regarding this concern would be treated with utmost attention.

I have locked this thread now. If you are encountering a different issue, please create another thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Thank you.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thrasher4 wrote:
Also,who pays the people who sends out the fraudulent checks and money orders!

The people who do this are known as "money mules". They are also victims of the scammer. They are recruited under the pretense of being offered "part time work from home". Typically they are paid on a percentage of the money they process. In reality they are simply helping the scammer launder money, and face significant criminal charges when they are caught. While the scammer hides behind a wall of fake information, the mule is exposed, and when law enforcement gets involved, the paper trail leads straight to the mule, not the scammer.

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
thrasher4
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My IP says the town I like in,not my address and I don't use my real name.
I use AT&T. Is that a static IP?
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you are getting to hung up on the IP issue, my IP puts me in the town I am, but nowhere near where I actually am (it's a big town)

As I mentioned before scammers do not have the time or the inclination to track us. they are focussed on one thing only taking your money from you.

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AT&T is your service provider and for residential customers a dynamic IP. My work IP is static and if I use a mapping program there are about a half million people between the arrow and my workplace. The strange thing is that it points to my dentist's office so twice a year for about an hour the IP shows where I am.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your IP address is just a number. To get any useful information from it would require accessing the records of your service provider. No service provider in the US is going to release that information without a court order, something your lad isn't going to get. The only other alternative for the lad would be to try and hack into the service provider's database, which would be a huge waste of time and resources given the lad's goal is to take your money.

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
tazmanian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If being traced is a real concern for you, simply go to https://mail.opera.com and sign up. It masks your ip so your location cannot be traced. Other than that, simply don't give out real information. Job done.

"If this is a game you are pulling with us please stop we are not such people you have to be playing games with." - Mr. Charn Sophonpanich
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic