SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Transposing two digits in an IBAN will frustrate scammer.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got these bank details from a scammer, trying to rip off a radio ham.

Acct number.........2100 2779 71 0100228474
Acct Name.........Andy Martin
Iban......... ES02 2100 2779 71 0100228474
Swift code....CAIXESBBXXX,
Address.....Valencia Spain.

I told him the secretary was advised not to pay into the account as it was "status orange", meaning it was under investigation. He replies the account was being "upgraded", so that was why. At this point he tells me to use his wife's account. So he sends me details of another account

ACCT NUMBER....... 20386591643000213207
ACCT NAME............Benita juan
IBAN NUMBER.........ES58
SWIFT CODE............ CAHMESMMXXX
Bank Name........Bankia

Note the IBAN is only 4 characters. So I tell him the poor secretary, who has only one leg following a moutaineering accident in Holland, had a second wasted journey.

He then applogises and sends the full IBAN -

IBAN NUMBER......ES5820386591643000213207
ACCT NUMBER.......20386591643000213207
SWIFT CODE............ CAHMESMMXXX
BANK NAME.....Bankia

I then deceide to ask him to confirm that the IBAN of ES5820386591463000213207 is indeed correct. Note I'd transposed the "64" to "46". He confirms my corrupted IBAN is correct, and sends the secretary directly the wrong IBAN.

Obviously at some point she wll visit the bank again, only to find she can't transfer the money as the ES5820386591463000213207 IBAN is invalid. Here is a place to check an IBAN

http://www.ibancalculator.com/iban_validieren.html

I need to delay payment again of course, so I think the battery might run out in her mobility scooter the day he thinks the money will be transfered.

Or perhaps she might go into hospital to have the other leg amputated, which was also injured when she fell off a mountain in a country where the highest point is just a hill a bit over 300 m high.

Obviously I need to find ways of delaying payment. I think at some point a detective might want to see a copy of the marriage certificate, since the surnames of him and his wife are not the same.

wasname.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230851

Last edited by wasname on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
dambuster8178
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like your thinking on this one by moving a digit or changing one loads of wasted time lol

Click here to donate to 419Eater.com

Thats your problem with your co-stupid jackass bullhead Davy.to hell with both of you "Angelina Wilson"
Go to hell with your money you cant hark me"Jack Snipper"
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do that quite a bit (i.e., transposing numbers). Drives the lads crazy and you can waste a lot of time that way. Smile

I also transpose receiver and sender information when doing fake MG and WU receipts. Laughing

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic