SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fantasy 419

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On a role-playing game forum, a poster was asking for advice on how his character, the governor of a small town, could raise revenue without increased taxes.

Soon ideas were flowing in, and one answer was:

Quote:
Maybe you need to start a cult. For every 3 people someone recruits, they move up a level. So the level structure looks somewhat like a pyramid.

Soon after:

Quote:
I started thinking about how to get gold for your town.... go to the other towns and start a PONZI scheme.

I couldn't resist:

Quote:
Or send messages to other towns pleading for help to repatriate funds that belong to an imprisoned Prince, promising them 30% of the money if they'll settle ransom money or other expenses...

Below that I pasted an edited extract from the Wikipedia page on the Spanish Prisoner scam.

Quote:
The con-man claims to represent a wealthy person of high estate who has been imprisoned under a false identity. The prisoner cannot reveal his identity without serious repercussions, and is relying on a friend (the confidence trickster) to raise money to secure his release. The confidence trickster offers to let the mark put up some of the funds, with a promise that he will be financially rewarded when the prisoner returns, and perhaps also by gaining the hand of a beautiful woman represented to be the prisoner's daughter. After the mark has turned over the funds, he is informed that further difficulties have arisen and more money is needed. With such explanations, the trickster continues to press for more money until the victim is cleaned out or declines to put up more funds... Key features of the trick are the emphasis on secrecy and the trust the confidence trickster apparently places in the mark not to reveal the prisoner's identity or situation. The confidence trickster will typically claim to have chosen the mark carefully, based on his reputation for honesty and straight dealing, and may appear to structure the deal so that the confidence trickster's ultimate share of the reward will be distributed voluntarily by the mark.

Within minutes came this gem:

Quote:
Dear Sir,
I am a Sembian banker writing to you because I believe I can trust you.
A level 20 archmage recently died, and his entire Wealth-By-Level is stored in my vaults. It includes a package of highly optimised PC equipment, several hundred thousand gold pieces worth of small, portable, gemstones contained in a portable hole, and the title deed to a remote tower used for high-risk magical experiments. I am writing to you because I believe you may be able to claim you are his clone, and therefore entitled to his stuff. I propose that we divide the wealth 70% to you, 30% to me. This will obviously make you extremely wealthy.
To proceed, all I need from you is a letter certifying you are his clone, and 300 gold pieces to cover administration and transfer expenses. Please mail the money to me via Western Union horse couriers. Once I receive the money, I can the start to process his possessions for your benefit.
Yours sincerely,
Mr. Morden Quainen
Chief Banker
National Royal Chief High bank of Sembia.

clapping

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you going to fantasy bait them???

(I think it's imperative)
CryHavoc
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing

Next it’ll be

Quote:
Dear,
Have you been scammed by a so-called level 20 Sembian arch mage? Well, for only 1,000 gold I will personally quest for this scammer and drag him back to you for personal vengeance..

GhanaIvory CoastUnited KingdomUnited StatesBeninBelizeChinaCambodia FlagMaltaKenyaNigeriaNew ZealandVenezuelaSwedenTogoKorean FlagSouth AfricaCanadaMalaysiaBelgiumUnited NationsTurkeyFranceIraq FlagTurkeyUnited Arab Emirates
Safari Rushforth the lame (with Dharma, Dr Mike and TheDane) "I am a stranger in this land and you know what animals are doing to humans in that zone"
Safari London - Berwick
"You are mentally ill, You would need some physician." Dr Bar. Destiny Moon Principal Partner. (Esq.) Moon Chambers & Assoc.
"God be with you for playing around my brain" Tina Jasmine
"God purnish u ad ur juju man una go die 4 motor accident" Mr Well Paulson
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

or
Quote:
Hello my dear Paladin!!!
I am very pleased, that you have written to me! YES I very much want to adventure with you!!!I think that you my destiny! My name - Sheena Blackbow the Huntress to me 25 years, both I live, and I adventure in the city of Morkoth...I work as a Ranger...My parents are dead, killed by an Orc raiding party.I have digs at the green dragon Inn. I have sisters not brothers I in family one.I very much search devoted, love, the gentle knight with whom it will be good to me If not it in our country is very difficult to live. Here it - is a lot of Orcs and dragons .I do not want to live among it.I never visited other dungeons.
Yours Sheena

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just so you know - that was from another poster who was either a baiter or someone who knew all the tropes. I might ask him if he knows about Eater...

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
CryHavoc
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or

Quote:
Dear,
I am a knight currently engaged in the Perpetual War against the Orcs. While on a routine patrol my warband found 2 trunkboxes full of gold, but now we are due to redeploy elsewhere. We need to stash this gold in a dragon free friendly vault and for this you will be paid handsomely. All we need is for you to pay the courier to deliver the trunks to your vault to avoid suspicion.

GhanaIvory CoastUnited KingdomUnited StatesBeninBelizeChinaCambodia FlagMaltaKenyaNigeriaNew ZealandVenezuelaSwedenTogoKorean FlagSouth AfricaCanadaMalaysiaBelgiumUnited NationsTurkeyFranceIraq FlagTurkeyUnited Arab Emirates
Safari Rushforth the lame (with Dharma, Dr Mike and TheDane) "I am a stranger in this land and you know what animals are doing to humans in that zone"
Safari London - Berwick
"You are mentally ill, You would need some physician." Dr Bar. Destiny Moon Principal Partner. (Esq.) Moon Chambers & Assoc.
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This one would be a good person to have on our side. Great sense of Humour:

Quote:
Please mail the money to me via Western Union horse couriers.

Saddle Up!

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

My Dear

My name is Alamazar The White, dragoness, the only daughter of Kairos The Magnificent, an ancient gold dragon and cocoa magnet. My father of blessed memory was slain by rebels close to Tiamat and his hoard of gold and jewels is in a safe deposit box. I cannot get the hoard because I am in a refugee camp in Ankh Morpork and I cannot get anything here, not even crunchy chocolate covered paladins to eat. Can you stand as my foreign mage to help me get my fund and continue my education in your country. I know how to do a prismatic spray spell and everything!

I love you and miss you and want to hug and cuddle you (even though I've no idea who you are)

<attach random picture of sexy lady dragon stolen from Facebook here>

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
JadeFalcon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I totally came into this thread expecting some kind of fantasy football idea but with lads or baiters (or both!)

But this is pretty cool too Wink

"fo rizzle my j-fizzle" - BluthBanana

"I am tired of all this questions you do ask me all the time.You ask question like a small kid." - Michael Jonathan, avatarlad

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Come on...You know you want an ORANGE name!</a>
RIP Steward. Never forget.
CryHavoc
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One more.

Quote:
My Dear,
I hope this parchment finds you and your family in good health. I know this is a surprise to you but I have heard tales of your honesty and integrity through the talk in various inns. I am the former Queen Mrs Amidala Bloodaxe the widow of the late hero and King Baldur Bloodaxe. The reason I contacted you I is I am suffering from a long term spider bite that has defiled all medical and mystical attempts to cure me. I need someone to inherit our wealth as we had no children. Our hoard is currently is guarded by a company of mercenaries demanding payment for storage and due to my mystical condition I am unable to travel to settle this affairs. On receipt of your raven I will contact the mercenaries who will send you their demands.

Safari London - Berwick
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your Sembian banker has a cracking sense of humour, Yastreb. If he/she isn't here already, then you must invite them. Laughing Laughing

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ With a Sword or a Golden Carpet. LOL.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic