SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Any Commodore 64 fans here? Info please.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do we have any geeky members here who are still into the old 8 bit C64 scene? There used to be an online store based in Germany that used to make replacement C64 case badges (not just cheaply printed tat) but they seem to have gone under.

I'm looking for a person/company than can produce a couple of high quality badges for me to help with a special project I'm working on.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe this Google search will help ya out.

http://tinyurl.com/kyse7z8

Good luck.

ETA: This one looks like it might be promising;
http://www.namethatcomputer.com/case-badges-and-nameplates-c-55.html?gclid=CPL3776RyLcCFbFAMgod3nsACQ
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The worm has turned, and the President of the CBN has baited Shiver into making him a wooden computer.....

Hi Shiv! Smile

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers for the links. I'll check them out shortly.

@Roycropper: How dare you! It's not wood... Smile

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like Big Al hit the nail on the head.

Hi Shiv. Very Happy

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not into the re-enactment thing, but I'd like to state that I was and am a true C64 fan in so many ways. That machine clearly defined a great portion of my childhood, and I still like to read the old computer magazines with all them programming tricks and program listings.

the test question here is still who is the bastard b@la h@ssan, so were did you change the test question, and there is no change in this slip, this is the first slip you sent to me, you are wasting my time and dont call me a bastard in your next mail. (Hitman B@la H@ssan)

Closed lad accounts 5x
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're still interested in the '64, Wurzngubbel, check out my Commodore 64 tribute video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=verzp18Vhm4

Obviously go for the download version for best HD quality. Smile

I'm working on a new "hardware" project, hence the need for some perfect quality logo badges.

@TheFae: Howdy. Smile

Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whow, that is one amazing video! Must have taken you forever to make it!

I particularly like the 3D of the C64 itself, it is absolutely accurate and flawless, as is the rest of the video!

Brings back lots of memories! Great job, Shiver!

the test question here is still who is the bastard b@la h@ssan, so were did you change the test question, and there is no change in this slip, this is the first slip you sent to me, you are wasting my time and dont call me a bastard in your next mail. (Hitman B@la H@ssan)

Closed lad accounts 5x
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers! It took about 8 months from start to finish, although that was working on it on and off with unimportant R/L things like work getting in the way. Smile

Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, what a nostalgic trip this is. Some of my first gaming experiences came with the C64. I remember our neighbors having tape where you had to fast forward to a certain number on the tape and each game was at a certain number which was written down. I still have no idea how this worked, but the games must have been tiny to fit on a tape. Come to think of it, that was probably the 80's equivalent of todays piracy.
Some games were good enough and some rather boring. But still, we had great fun with it.

Great video Shiver and good to see you here.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
mimicat
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Yup, What they said. Super Video.

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent video, Shiv! Wow, a blast from the past, in the days where everything looked like animated Legos AND MTV actually played music vids! Woot!

Brings back memories. All three of 'em. Wink beers!

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dr Mike wrote:
I remember our neighbors having tape where you had to fast forward to a certain number on the tape and each game was at a certain number which was written down. I still have no idea how this worked, but the games must have been tiny to fit on a tape.

This absolutely worked! With Turbo Tape you could get hundreds of games on just one C90 tape. This was before any poor student could afford a 1541 floppy disc drive (the data tape player was only a few quid, and you could just use your outdated audio mixtapes to store the data).

Of course, after playing a game and resetting, you had to rewind to re-load Turbo Tape and then fast forward to the next game you wanted to play. You couldn't even have an extra "Turbo Tape" tape for that purpose as this would have messed up the counter setting.

Great times! Laughing

Closed lad accounts 5x
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

EE lad, I thought thee were still usin' em up there? Laughing
weird but interesting,I never had one.

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Loved the video.

I did a job for a guy a couple of months ago and he had three C64's. Two of them working.

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did a search of my local Craigslist and found this:

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/vgm/3806490758.html

My first computer was a Tandy 1000 TL2. MS-DOS for an operating system. I had taken a couple years of Electronics and knew more about how it worked inside than through the interface. Took me a while to figure out how to open files on the floppy drives. Lord what you can learn in 25 years.
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still use the C-64 emulator to play the old school games. Anyone in here ever heard of the game called MULE? Or what about the old C-64 Gold Box D&D Games? I just reloaded those a few weeks ago and started running through them again. Good Times!!

dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My cousin had one of those. He wouldn't let me touch it..... I bet he still has it!

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jumpin' Jack Flash wrote:
I still use the C-64 emulator to play the old school games. Anyone in here ever heard of the game called MULE?

MULE was a great game. My personal favourite all time game on the C64 was Elite. Nothing else even came close in terms of the amount of time I spend on that. Smile

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Loved the video was almost hypnotised, but wasn't that like 100 yeras ago?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shiver Metimbers wrote:
Jumpin' Jack Flash wrote:
I still use the C-64 emulator to play the old school games. Anyone in here ever heard of the game called MULE?

MULE was a great game. My personal favourite all time game on the C64 was Elite. Nothing else even came close in terms of the amount of time I spend on that. Smile

Never heard of Elite, but will definitely have to look it up now, and see if it's available for the emulator. I still play MULE today, and just a few months ago finally realized the planet IRATA is ATARI spelled backwards. Surprised

Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, I'm curious if you got the badges from the website I found.

(Inquiring minds want to know)
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Big Al wrote:
Also, I'm curious if you got the badges from the website I found.

No. Before I was able to send the site an enquiry, I got a PM from someone who was able to supply me with some mint condition real C64 badges for a knock-down price.

I have that site bookmarked for future reference though. Smile

Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Awesome!!!
Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Elite was an awesome game! I spent hours and hours with it (partly because boarding space stations was a real time consumer if you couldn't quickjump close to it because of some other irrelevant vessels in the vicinity), and they played the "Beautiful Blue Danube" whenever you switched on the docking autopilot.

I loved Elite very much, same with MULE. I loved Pirates, too, and once I even found the kidnapped sister on some island! Great fun!

I really don't get most of today's video games though. Most are too complex for me, especially in terms of controlling whatever you need to control. The Competition Pro joystick (the one with microswitches) was really all I ever needed.

Closed lad accounts 5x
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic