SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Windows 8 Update, Start button is back

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Microsoft seem to be having problems or is it for more publicity. Rolling Eyes

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence

Last edited by Fo'andles on Fri May 31, 2013 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
In the first six months since its release, 100 million licences to use Windows 8 were issued - on the face of it, this isn't a disastrous performance, although licences issued doesn't necessarily translate directly into copies of Windows 8 sold

Always believe any story that uses '100 million' as an amount.......

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had direct experience dealing with Win8 through Senior Net here. It is the Edsel of all Programmes, the clunker of OS, a total mish mash of different ideas that separately work well, but not together. It makes Millenium look almost user friendly

I miss win 98 already

Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Can I just keep XP????
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe it will go the way of the Bison er I mean Vista! I hung onto a 98 machine (at work) for years and finally settled into XP but then things went very wrong.

Oh well....

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it as bad as Windows ME? Is that possible?

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For serious high end CAD work 7pro is the weapon of choice now. 8 is not even considered to any extent.

Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate to be that guy, but when will you people learn?

click

Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In a year or two will come Windows 9 and then in another year or two after will Windows 10 come out et cetera.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm also hanging on to xp, and fear the day that my system crashes. Is Linux faster then windows?

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I still have a couple of 95s. I think one even has the old 3.0 or something to that effect. I have all 95, 98, xp, me discs. I have the Vista for this machine. I don't think I even have the proper formatting discs for the older ones now. My floppies all kind of went kaput.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the vampire wrote:
Is Linux faster then windows?

The answer is, it depends.

Linux is great on older machines. If one were to try a new version of Windows on a machine built when XP came out, I would say Linux has a huge advantage. Linux has many different distributions, from processor/graphics heavy to very light ones. You can pick one that matches your needs and/or machine.

Take for example Puppy Linux. The entire operating system is ~100 MB, compare that to Windows 7, tipping the scales at around 2.3 GB. Puppy will run entirely in RAM, making it damn fast.

Here is a pretty comprehensive list of the more popular distros out there. http://distrowatch.com/ The fact that there are so many 'flavors' of Linux out there can make it daunting but just think of it as Windows, with a ton of custom versions.

The fun is that you can try any of these out for the cost of a CD or DVD. You burn the .iso on your media of choice (even a usb stick) and boot the OS without touching whatever you have installed and give it a test drive.

I run Linux Mint on a ~6 year old machine and it runs fantastic.

Did I mention that you normally need no anti-virus or other anti-nasty protection. To get a virus/nasty on a Linux box you really have to try hard. There some out there, but they are few and far between. I have never had a problem, and I've visited some dangerous sites.

Edit: spelling

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vector is nice too. It's Slackware based so pretty minimal but very quick. Ubuntu is easy to live with and very capable. There are many choices in between but I'd say try Ubuntu as a first choice. It will guide you through all the steps quite nicely plus its Debian based, so lots of neat software to play with.

irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I knew Microsoft read Eater Very Happy

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10882258

" Part of the problem is that Windows 8 tries to be all things to all people. It's designed to respond to touch-screen controls, but it also works with traditional mouse and keyboard commands. It offers a new layout that resembles tablet computers, but it also has a desktop mode that looks like previous versions of Windows. What results is confusion.

In addition, many of the controls to launch programs and change settings have been tucked away. That gives Windows 8 a cleaner look, but it also requires people to do more work finding all the controls.

Microsoft isn't saying much about what the new Windows 8 will have. Nor will it say whether it will charge for the upgrade."

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Inspector Gadget

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wifey had a new laptop with Windows 8, took me 5 minutes to find out how to turn the damn thing off.
Mouse over right hand corner, click on settings, then power then shut down.
£5 says we get the start button back in the upgrade.

grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have Win 8. When I got it, I spent the first 4 days banging my head into the wall, but then I figured out how to work around all the 8-ish stuff, and now, it's just plain old Windows with an inconvenient start button. It's actually faster than Win7, and he startup is the smoothest I've ever had.

And no matter what you do, do not download Skype's version Win8, get the desktop version instead for GODS sake. Those damn new "apps" will drive a good man bad in no time.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dual boot Win 7 and Win 8 (for when I fancy a change) on the Win 8 I have installed a Win 7 Start Menu which makes it easier to navigate.

Hey and for the record I thought ME was not too bad an O/S... Laughing

Also tried Linux but I am kind of set in my ways and I like Win 7

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Windows tried to make their OS an Android platform...that's the impression I get.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had Win 8 for quite a while (have a friend who works for MS so always get exposed to the latest toy). It is uncomfortable for about a week and then it is actually quite intuitive. I think it's best for tablets and consumer use. As mentioned, you can use the desktop mode if you want to just concentrate on running a business machine. The Apps are hit or miss and there simply aren't enough.

That said, the Win 8 Mobile is a pure delight (again, with the caveat that the app selection needs to catch up). The live tiles are awesome and the whole layout is just very pleasing. I don't miss my Android at all.

But I can see why enterprises would be loathe to switch from Win 7. Remember, most businesses stick with their heritage OS for several years. Even if Win 8 was the bees knees, does it justify the expense and time spent training to upgrade your entire office?

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Where I'm currently working (major UK bank) we're only just starting to make the transition to Windows 7

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
auto-5
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sunshine wrote:
^^^ Where I'm currently working (major UK bank) we're only just starting to make the transition to Windows 7

Barrister at Barclays?
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Start button is back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22714048

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
boofles
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In terms of linux flavors, I personally like Debian, or, believe it or not, an hd install of knoppix(just never ever try to update it lol reinstall a new version instead or it can be a real headache).
Linux, although a great OS, just doesn't have enough corporate supoprt. Great community, yes, no question. But not nearly enough of the apps and drivers I need, and the high learning curve is also very off putting.
As for windows, I'm a fan, always have been. I certainly agree they have stumbled here and there, but as a whole I think they're the best game in town and have been for quite a while. Easy to use but with lots of power under the hood should you care to open it up and have a peak. I do think legacy support has held them back a little, but it's better than the alternative of just saying screw legacy devices(cough....Apple...cough). But I think I digress....Windows 8 is not great, but not nearly as bad as a lot of people seem to think. It took me about 1-2 hours of reading and playing with settings to get where I never needed their special apps or metro interface again. The version I tried did, however, still lack some support for things I needed to work, so I will stick with win7ult for a while yet until that gets ironed out.
Let's give Microsoft some credit though...the upgrade will be free unlike some other OS(cough...Apple...cough...how many times do I have to pay for OSX? -_-) and in addition to that, they have, at least, listened to their customers and are trying to give us something closer to what we want with the new update too(or say they say...guess we'll see).
Anyhoo, I think I got off on a few tangents, but that's my 3 cents lol
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I hope I didn't give the impression that I was disrespecting Windows. Great OS for those that it works for. I was just trying to point out an alternative. Let's all be friends and hate OSX together!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Then there is Office 365, one year licence for up to 5 machines, but is only going to work for the 1 year.
But it is a lot cheaper than 1 x Office 2013 licence, however, reading the small print, you have to have Windows 8 to make it work. (can use Windows 7)
My PC is still Vista, and it appears that more than half the bloatware I have on it, won't make the transition to Windows 8. (which is £99 to buy)

We only bought Office365 as there is a memory issue when trying to process a lot of iterations in one go.
Office 365 cures that.

Does it? bo**ocks it does.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic