SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Psychology of a scammer.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ordinaryday
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Guys,

I am quite interested in the psychology behind a scammer. I am aware that each scammer is an individual person, but on the whole, what do you think THEY THINK about what they are doing??

do they recognise that they are lowlife conmen who are committing a criminal offense and could be sent to jail for it? do they feel ANY guilt at all when they con some poor person out of their life savings and send them to the poverty line? do they feel ANY GUILT when they trick some lonely man into thinking he has found a nice girl who wants him, when they only want his money?

or have they been brainwashed from their early days into believing that all western people are capitalist pigs and they are 'standing up for the little guy' by tricking them out of money? or do they just see what they are doing as 'a job', kind of like how you and I see our LEGAL jobs, just as a way to pay the bills?

Anyone have any insight into the psychology behind a scammer? anyone get a scammer to reveal any truthful insights into why they do it? I am curious!
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I real a few things, and the LA times had a story called I believe “I will eat you money”. They interview a former scammer. In a nutshell the story said most scammers are more advanced than people think, and they could careless what happens to the victim (compassion is for suckers).

For the most part scammers, justify things in their OWN mind. But these justifications aren’t based in reality though

Many scammers would really call themselves, good “Christians” and very patriotic, they love their home country. But their logic is patch work of their own construction, t also defies logic.

Major tents of Christianity (and most other religions) is honesty and compassion. Far as being proud of their country, they in fact defile their country. But they ignore this due to greed.

All scams seem to work on emotions, not a lack of intelligence. A few victims are repeat victims they are because of their emotional make up

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite simply they are all criminally insane Smile

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the vast majority of cases I've come across, they normally try to justify it by claiming that everyone else is corrupt (black and white) so why shouldn't they have a little taste as well.
That speaks volumes. It means that they recognise corruption and realise that it is morally reprehensible. They know the difference between right and wrong yet they still choose to go down the wrong path.

The conclusion garnered from that is that they're immoral, greedy people. Nothing more.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Cowboyhenk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I doubt many persons, whether scamming scum or normal citizen is able to see himself and his actions as genuinly evil. My guess they live in peace with themselves through a combination of a wrong sense of entitlement (like a chav claiming societies duty to provide him with beneftis and luxuries just because he exists).

Also, the 'gaming' nature of their 'job'. In every of their conversations, someone will win: either he will get you to do something for him (send him stuff and/or money), or he does something for you / get's nothing.
My guess it's easy to lose the moral aspects of it while 'gaming'. I've seen moral borders being approached and sometimes crossed in legitimate business as well when people are playing to win.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cowboyhenk wrote:
I've seen moral borders being approached and sometimes crossed in legitimate business as well when people are playing to win.

Where are you headed with this line of questioning? Moral relativism, I can have that conversation. I feel an ethics thread coming on. Someone better lock this before it gets ugly.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammers justify to themselves what they do.

Often, they think the victim is being greedy and dishonest and therefore deserves to lose money.

Sometimes they think everyone in the industrialized world is rich and therefore can spare losing money to a person in a formerly colonized country.

Sometimes the scammer thinks his own poverty justifies his actions.

And many times, the scammer simply has a criminal mindset - perhaps not that different than the thieves and criminals in our own localities.

Closed lad accounts x 44 United Arab Emirates x2 Burkina Faso x5 Togo x69 United Kingdom x562 Benin x49 United States x113 Senegal x31 United Nations x8 South Africa x10 Ivory Coast x2 Malaysia x94 Canada x6 x2 Ghana x129 cameroon x2 Cambodia Flag x4 Spain x10 x71 Switzerland x15 Nigeria x68 Thailand x3 Italy x4 Netherlands x8 Russia x3 China x4 Malta x 3 Filipino flag x3 Panama Germany x4 Taiwan Iraq Flag Ireland x6 Hong Kong x2 Cayman Islands x4 Isle Of Man x2 Japan Belgium Comorian islands Guinea Bissau Ukraine Indonesia x2 Luxembourg x2 Saudi Arabia Mugu Reseller x2 Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not a breed or sub-species they're people, like politicians, police officers and used car sales men, they all do something wrong one day to get that extra benefit (and not especially these professions), but they don't do it for a living. Lawyers and car salesmen discussable Smile
Now if it becomes your main source of income only means you're good at it or you don't know any better. If your culture approves of it then what are you doing wrong?
The mindset is not different than ours and you can get away with it, it's a long tradition in your village and basically most women (I know, I know, not you of course) act in the same pattern to secure their living for them and their kids.
Extreme case; your gold-digger, but it all depends on how black and white you wanna see this.
We just deal with the results and try to "help" them to get a higher income and have fun doing it.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My take on it is that in business, people do stuff to push others, and to a certain extent, to manipulate them. It comes from all sides and the success of a businessman as such - as distinct from the success of an engineer or scientist - is significantly down to his people skills. It's all fair because everybody knows what is going on. Scamming is not bilateral like this, it is unilateral with only the scammer knowing the truth of the matter and the victim being absolutely deceived to their own disadvantage. It's a world of difference.

tazmanian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the now-defunct scambaiters radio show, the few scammers who admitted to Dan (the presenter) they were scammers would often try to justify it by claiming their (West-African) country had been mistreated by the west so they had to scam to make a living.

It almost goes without saying that you could drive a fleet of tanks through the holes in such an argument.

"If this is a game you are pulling with us please stop we are not such people you have to be playing games with." - Mr. Charn Sophonpanich
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Because of a Lad's accidentally cc'ing me on an email, I learned that they were targetting a man from Mali with the same scam that they'd used on me. I was able to warn the victim.

There is no way they could justify that as paying back colonialism. The truth is that they'll steal from anyone.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The human brain has an amazing ability to compartmentalize emotions. Behaviors we see as reprehensible in others are easily justifiable when we find ourselves doing the same thing.

The thing that never ceases to amuse me is how quickly my baiting characters are reprimanded by the lads for being dishonest when they fail to send payment on time. Human psychology is a fascinating thing.

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
Tururut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads, as 99% of thieves and criminals are lazy and greedy: working hard is for idiots. Why work when you can make in a month what your fellow countryman makes in a year? Some may try to rationalize it as "I'm paying back for what westerners stole from my grandparents" or so but the underlying reasons are nearly always greed and laziness.

Parti Boi. Sand Timer x2 Safari x3 Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos-Natitingou, Lagos-Parakou-Kandi, Benin City- S4fari Hotel Kano A 419 picked me up, took my bag and ran away - have did a lot for Gomer but nothing good come out, every time different trip and they always mess up at last, why? Benin Republic mess up, Kano state in Nigeria mess up, Safari Camp also mess up - am really ashamed of my self in street
Sand Timer My wife divorce our marraige because I failed to provide proper maintenance of the family.
Nigel Tuffnel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also think Lads don't have any sympathy for their victims because they believe the victims are fools. There is a reason they use the term maga so much.

Lads probably presume the fool and his money will soon be parted anyway, so the money might as well go to the Lad.

Closed lad accounts x 44 United Arab Emirates x2 Burkina Faso x5 Togo x69 United Kingdom x562 Benin x49 United States x113 Senegal x31 United Nations x8 South Africa x10 Ivory Coast x2 Malaysia x94 Canada x6 x2 Ghana x129 cameroon x2 Cambodia Flag x4 Spain x10 x71 Switzerland x15 Nigeria x68 Thailand x3 Italy x4 Netherlands x8 Russia x3 China x4 Malta x 3 Filipino flag x3 Panama Germany x4 Taiwan Iraq Flag Ireland x6 Hong Kong x2 Cayman Islands x4 Isle Of Man x2 Japan Belgium Comorian islands Guinea Bissau Ukraine Indonesia x2 Luxembourg x2 Saudi Arabia Mugu Reseller x2 Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic