SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How to spot a scamming "ring" or sydicate?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Imprive
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I've noticed some mention of scamming rings, or whatever you call them, and I was wondering how common it was to get a syndicate or ring. Are they predominate in the world of scammers, or are independent scammers most common?

I have a lad that I've been playing with for all of today, and out of everything I've sent him (corrupted documents, desktop files turned into images, and one copy of Mclovin's photo ID. I didn't see the sticky until after, sorry about that.) He hasn't called me on anything. With this guy, I could probably send him an image of *DELETED* and he would thank me for my photo and compliment my haircut.

So I was wondering, perhaps this guy is just the lackey, and once he thinks I believe him he will transfer me to someone else.

How would I go about spotting these syndicates or rings as opposed to a lone or inexperienced scammers? Is there any way?
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can help find scammer rings by reporting their bank accounts. If you get two bank accounts from one lad, they belong to the same ring. If another lad gives someone one of those accounts and a third, the two lads and the three bank accounts all belong to the ring. When Alan has enough reported bank accounts, he can connect the dots and draw the ring. You probably won't find out what ring the lad belongs to, though.

The other way to find them is to kill their domains. Two big gangs, with lots of sites, are the Grafton-Riggs gang and the Bimbom-Bump gang. I and Toomuchtime know both of them at sight. There are also the Design gang, or whatever we call them, and the fairly new (to us at least) Vourna gang.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What vonpaso xlura is explaining is that after a while of doing this, you start to see patterns with fake sites, repeated bank account info, and other details/aspects of the scams and scammers. This is especially true when you re-bait the same lads.

You can also often tell when you get passed to another lad rather than the same lad playing the banker because the language use changes quite a bit. You can check IPs, too, and see that while the widow who spoke poor English had an IP that traced to Nigeria, the banker with better English traces to the UK.

There are a whole lot of pieces that start to fit together. Of course, you won't know the details of how they connect, but you'll know you've got lads working together, and often where they are by IP traces.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Imprive
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your replys! they have been helpful. Actually, I think I just got a real bank account already that I should report.

I guess I should take all this info about the scammers (their IP addresses, etc) and put it into maltego. I may be able to find something I would have otherwise missed.
Karl_Ranseier
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reporting a bank account is something that really hurts a lad.
Do it and earn your first Closed lad accounts

Welcome to Eater Cool

rowIand 0bimdike: YOU MUST BE CRAZY AND MAD. GO TO HELL SON OF A BITCH LIKE YOU. DON'T EVER WRITE ME AGAIN. YOU THINK YOU CAN JOKE WITH ME. EVEN I DID NOT GO TO THE HOTEL. I JUST WROTE TO YOU THAT I WENT BUT I DIDN'T. I AM ON MY HOME. SO GO AND PICH UP YOUR ROUTHLESS MOTHER AT THE AIRPORT.
So you where not really at the hotel? Easter Egg 2013
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Been spending a lot of time baiting the Dakar Darlings. Recently I received two different bank account numbers under the name N. Smart Joshua from something like 5 different lads. I figured I was baiting half the cafe. LOL. Rolling Eyes
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That is a pretty good sign and I have seen that with Vlads too on the translators. I can sometimes see changes in the language and even get a few that mail me fast and furiously. One from a computer, the other from a phone. They both type differently.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Imprive wrote:

I've noticed some mention of scamming rings, or whatever you call them, and I was wondering how common it was to get a syndicate or ring. Are they predominate in the world of scammers, or are independent scammers most common?

From the literature I have read I am inclined to believe it is the norm for scammers to work as part of a cell. They also seem to network and make links with other scam groups whenever they need access to a particular service i.e. a 419 cell in Nigeria might need a contact in London to pick up a payment from a difficult victim and if they don't have one they will ask around for help from another group for a percentage of the pay off (etc).

However, I think there seems to have been an increase in 'wannabe scammers' in recent years working independently. It is more common these days to see more of the 'small time' scams in which a very small payment is asked for in the initial mail. When I first started baiting you very rarely saw such scripts but now they seem a lot more commonplace. It is probably the case that these types of scam that usually ask for between $25-100 right away are probably run by individuals who may use scamming as a way to supplement their income.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's true. I just had a vlad refuse to give me a price for translation and did not object to a$100 Westy payment. Seemed like a lot of work for a small amount even multiplied by victims.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think a small first payment is a good indicator of anything. The big payoff for many lads (regardless of whether or not they are operating independently) comes from getting their victim to make a lot of small payments, not a few large ones. It is a lot easier to convince somebody to spend $100 than $1,000. Once the victim has made that initial small "investment" it is much easier to convince them to make another small "investment" - always with the promise that this is the "last" fee before the vic gets their big payday. Of course, the fees never end until the vic runs out of money or gives up.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic