SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I was just wondering...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
analplunger
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anybody here ever meet up with a scammer and f$#@ him up? I've been applying for jobs on craigslist and had two emails, from different people, with SLIGHTLY different text, although saying the exact same thing. Anyway, I read the first one, and it really got my hopes up, as I am really hurting for work right now, and I am now living in a city where I know absolutely nobody.

Anyway, after noticing the two similar emails, I instantly smelled SCAM, and copied and pasted the first paragraph of the email to Google, which led me to this site.

Anyway, I don't know. Naturally, I'm extremely pissed off because I thought I had gotten a job, a somewhat decent paying job at that, only to find out it was a $%#ing scam. So yeah, they pissed me off to the level where I'm considering going through their little game, they want me to be their "personal assistant"... I just need to make sure I can make it all the way to the "meet" without actually spending a dime or breaking any laws myself. The only law I want to break is when I break that scumbag's face. And maybe take his wallet for wasting my time and rob him instead. Bet he'd never scam anybody again after that.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome.

I'm so sorry to hear you were a target of the scam, but really glad to hear you figured it out before it went any further.

To answer your question, no, we don't ever meet up with scammers, and what you are considering wouldn't even work (nevermind that we would never recommend you even attempt it).
The scammer is far away, using fake info. He's not planning to meet up with you. The scam would happen before any planned meet, probably with him asking you to receive/process fake checks.
When scammers do meet up with victims, it's usually only for a wash-wash/black money scam, or other large financial scam in which they "seat" the victim - playing a banker. Face to face meetings aren't common and are very dangerous for victims. Some have been kidnapped and held for ransom or killed. Scammers ARE criminals, not petty thieves. If they were planning to meet face to face, they'd have their bases covered.

To get back at him, post his info here. Members can make his life miserable. Also post his info at our sister site, ScamWarners.com, so that the info shows up in searches for other people and helps prevent others from becoming victims.

Also, if you're continuing to look for work - watch out for other scam attempts. You can get free help and advice at ScamWarners for anything you're suspicious of.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
analplunger
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So here are the two emails I got. Obvious scam. I've always been pretty good at spotting them, I was always taught from a young age "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

But now that I know there are a bunch of people getting back at these douchebags I kind of want to do that too. Sounds like fun, especially if scammers end up going to prison, getting their asses kicked when meeting up and getting robbed by their intended victim, yeah. That kind of stuff sounds like fun to me. Pieces of feces like that deserve what's coming to them. In the end though, I probably wouldn't go as far as robbing them, as that would make me as bad as them, but as far as the ass kicking goes, I can't promise I wouldn't do that. I guess that depends on what he looks like when I see him, and if there are any police nearby.

Quote:
Chengliu ([email protected])
Add to contacts
3/25/13
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: Barney the Purple Dinosaur
Picture of Chengliu
Hello,
Thanks for applying for the post, I quite I appreciate it? I received and read your e-mail and it's reasonable and acceptable. So I will give this a go" I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well and good understanding person

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring. Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date
with them, Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away.

Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf. Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..

Basic wage is $400 a week .

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedulle at this point, as I am presently in Ontario Canada, I will be back in Three Weeks.

I think you're the right person for this post , Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.

If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediatelyassist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually.

Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.. I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer to we contact each other through E-mails, but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that.

I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me this week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home, I do that every month . The funds will be in form of check and it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some
list to email you once you received the funds,You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get you more information on that

INTERESTED APPLICANT:

If you are interested in starting the job, please get back to the
employment director with the following details:

Full Name:__________________________________
Street address:______________________________
City: ______________________________________
State:________________________________________
Zipcode______ Age: ________
Job Experience (If any):_ ___________________

Cheng liu

Quote:

Re: My resume‏

John green ([email protected])
Add to contacts
3/25/13
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: Fondle Me Elmo

My name is John Green, Vice President, Analytics & Commercial Food Ingredients HR at ConAgra Foods (ConAgra Foods, Inc.).
ABOUT CONAGRA FOODS:

ConAgra Foods, a publically traded company (NYSE:CAG), is one of North America’s leading food companies, with brands in 97 percent of America’s households and more than 23,000 employees around the globe. Consumers find Banquet, Chef Boyardee, Egg Beaters, Hebrew National, Hunt’s, Marie Callender’s, Orville Redenbacher’s, PAM,
Peter Pan, Reddi-wip, Slim Jim, Snack Pack and many other ConAgra Foods brands in grocery, convenience, mass merchandise and club stores. ConAgra Foods also has a strong business-to-business presence, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products as well as other vegetable, spice and grain products to a variety of well-known restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers.

I got your resume and it has been reviewed, I did appreciate it, thanks for applying for the post. I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with good understanding and working skills, and i have no doubt that you will perform as expected, Hence You are being recruited as my Personal Assistant !
** This position is home-based for now, and flexible while we relocate to our permanent office, Working with me is basically about instructions and following them.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to: directly assisting me in all personal matters; maintaining company/Personal records, basic book-keeping, data entry.

** Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring! Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.

* Basic wage is $500 Weekly. (Not Negotiable)

CONAGRA'S CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY

We deliver everyday food in extraordinary ways. Our employees bring the spirit of the ConAgra Foods promise to life every day. It’s our people, brands and ideas that keep us a step ahead of the competition. We’re creating a culture of development and inclusion where you can discover your talents, advance your skills and embrace
different viewpoints. As a Fortune 500 company with more than 23,000 employees around the globe, the opportunities are vast. Each and every one of our employees has the chance to make a big impact, every day. Imagination is key as we consistently think of new ways to do our job better no matter where we sit within ConAgra Foods.
We rely on collaboration to lead to new ways of thinking. That’s why we use industry-leading insights to help us generate best-in-class ideas, creating innovative twists for classic brands we all love. We focus on high-impact, sustainable innovation that leverages breakthrough platforms backed by strong consumer insights and shopper marketing excellence.

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point, meanwhile, the company distributed few computers to the missionary home (Foster care) in Canada. we got information that the computers all malfunctioned so i had to go there to supervise, hence, I am presently in Canada. I will be here for now till am through with them. It is my intention to task you with basic chores/duties while i am away.
Recall that this position is often not office based because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, its flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. Your Weekly wage of 500 dollars is fixed, and not negotiable. I require a convenient, one-stop service to accomplish my personal and business tasks.

I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually, as i have lots of works piled up presently and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. Permit me to use the coming days to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I have no reservation that you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship ! I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good Boss, and not a demanding one. I require total discretion, honesty, and loyalty from you. I will arrange for a personal one-on-one meeting with you on my arrival. Be prepared to meet with me.

However, in line with the monthly Humanitarian obligation of the company which is central to visiting Canada, the company is donating gifts and several other items to the kids at the Foster home, while i am away, you will be handling this responsibility/duty on my behalf, and in my absence ! This is going to be your first assignment, Let me put you to test!

As for the gifts, and items to be bought for the kids, i will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds, rather, the accountant will issue you a 'Certified Company Check to execute the task with, and complete the assignment.

DO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POSITION BY PROVIDING BELOW DETAILS. DECLINE THE OFFER BY NOT REPLYING, OR SAYING NO.
PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

Full Name (As it will be written on the payment)
Full Address (No P O BOX Address)
Apt #
City, State And Zip Code
Cell #
How many times do you check your email daily ?
The employee,acknowledged the Detailed Job Description and signed

Upon receipt of the above details, you may become considered for the Position, as this will enable me outline further task and duties as well as obligations for coming days. Your Appointment takes effect from the first day you receive assignment funding via Certified Check.
Thank you once again for gracing this application, and for having a valuable resume
[/quote]
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Obvious scam. I've always been pretty good at spotting them, I was always taught from a young age "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

Excellent!

Baiting is a great hobby and we'd glad to have you stick around and learn how to bait, but I really need you to understand two things: It's not safe to try to meet up with scammers (and it's not baiting either. Laughing) and there would never be any meeting with the scammer who targeted you.
He is lying about who he is, the job, etc. It's all a story he made up so he can scam you. And, from what you posted, he intended to use you as a mule:

Quote:
I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me this week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home, I do that every month . The funds will be in form of check and it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some
list to email you once you received the funds,You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get you more information on that

He planned to send you fraudulent checks. (He plays all of the roles, including the supposed "clients") You would receive the fraudulent checks, process them through your bank, and either wire money onward via WU, or purchase and send goods.
YOU would be financially and legally responsible for the checks, and in deep doo-doo.
There would never be any meeting and he already alludes to this by mentioning his busy travel schedule.
Here is info on ScamWarners about Check Scams: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3237

I urge you to stick around, do some reading both here and ScamWarners, learn more about how the scams work - and learn to bait safely.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
analplunger
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I'm well aware of what he was trying to do. That's why it pisses me off so much, even though I didn't fall for it. I don't know, I'm not as pissed now, I've got an actual job interview in a couple hours, hopefully that works out. Then I have a job and two targets.
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you didn't get scammed. This hobby isn't for Everyone. No harm in going on with your RL. Feel free to stop by and get some good laughs.

You just never know.......
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic