SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New here but have encountered email & Telephone scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
comebackkid65
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not sure where to post this or if this is the proper forum but I did receive a call from someone calling themselves a rep of Microsoft who told me Microsoft was receiving error messages from my computer and he would help me fix them.

I am tech savy and I had great time over the course of a few days with these guys calling me back to "fix my computer". I wasted about 3 of their hours and whatever telephone cost and I really don't think in the end that they suspected they were being played they just wanted out of trying to deal with this "old stupid grandma" who couldn't figure out how to give them remote control of my computer. In the end I finally put it to rest by figuring out that I had a dial-up connection and only one telephne line in the house and I was talking to them on it.

Their objective of course is to have you give them remote control of your computer "to fix it" and they will try and have you pay them to do but the end game is access to your information. If you are comfortable with tech and playing dumb you can and will frustrate these guys if you do it well you can keep them coming back a few times.

Hope this is the correct place to post if not let me know
Karl_Ranseier
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a 419/Advance Fee Fraud, but a very nasty scam.
Be careful when playing with them as they have your phone number (= RL information). If you want them to stop bothering you, you can tell them, that your PC hardware is damaged beyond repair (blue smoke, sparks ... than silence).
You have no money to buy a new one and will live without a PC from now on.

The 'No Money' part is important to tell them you will never pay.

rowIand 0bimdike: YOU MUST BE CRAZY AND MAD. GO TO HELL SON OF A BITCH LIKE YOU. DON'T EVER WRITE ME AGAIN. YOU THINK YOU CAN JOKE WITH ME. EVEN I DID NOT GO TO THE HOTEL. I JUST WROTE TO YOU THAT I WENT BUT I DIDN'T. I AM ON MY HOME. SO GO AND PICH UP YOUR ROUTHLESS MOTHER AT THE AIRPORT.
So you where not really at the hotel? Easter Egg 2013
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another way to frustrate them is to have a Linux or BSD box, with full KDE or Gnome GUI, but not tell them. Their instructions won't match what you see on screen (there's a button you hit to get a menu, but it's a K-gear or foot button, not a Start button), but it's close enough that you can keep them tied up for a while.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Hello Kitty
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to get those phone calls alot. I would pretend to be a little old lady telling them that her windows are fine but they need a clean. Will the man on the phone clean them. This would go on for ages back and forth.

However the new scam here is to phone your number and hang up. The number looks legit but when you ring it back it connects you to a sex line in a far distant country. The trick here is they have added a extra 0 to the number yet it is very close to a mobile number here. So instead off the number being 099 xxxxxxxx its 0099 xxxxxxxx.

And then you are billed for it.

THE FBI WILL VISIT YOU FOR INTERROGATIONS,BE WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME.

told the diplomat that are husband have give up the ghost
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic