SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ongoing craigslist bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
agentfrog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had an ad for computer services on craigslist and got this reply. Typical overpayment scam so I decided to play along. I provided a fake name, PO Box and a voip number.

SURPRISE: He OVERNIGHTED a check. I don't have the package yet from the PO Box but I do have a photo. I will post better photos once I have it in hand along with the check and whatever else is in there.

Questions: Should I send an anonymous letter to the sender? Do you think they are a paid mule? Sending fake checks is a felony. Could it be a fake address? Someone in CA is definitely sending it.

I have had other replies and I send them the same info but no other checks. Could be the same guy. Was hoping I'd get more packages. Also, I got the pissed off reply which is odd because he hasn't emailed or phoned. Maybe the instructions are in the package. I replied with "Sorry, a thief stole it Sad" LOL hoping he will resend. Those fedexes are expensive!

taylor david [email protected]
taylor david [email protected]
kelvin edward [email protected]

(ongoing second bait with room for rent Cassidy Jimmy [email protected])

I love getting these overnight fedexes.

Quote:
Hello,
i noticed your post on Craigslist about your ability to repair and service laptops and computers. And i have been contracted to fix up some HP Laptop Compaq Presario cq62-209 ( 5 units ), and in view of this I'm looking to offer you this job and i want you to handle the fixing of the laptops on agreed terms. All of the licensed software and drivers needed for the service installations will be provided.

These procedures are needed to be done on the Units:
Remove all possible viruses on the system, Change or upgrade the Operating Software by using Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, Microsoft office 2007 must be installed alongside with Microsoft Project 2007, Installation of Microsoft security essentials anti-virus spyware, Adobe Reader, Corel draw 12 etc. A good and sound job are the expectations from you as more job awaits.

I am willing to offer you $50 per units or get back to me with your total cost for the services of 5 units and i will be paying you via check. I am anxiously waiting for a reply from you so that i can make moving arrangements and payment as soon as possible.
With Regards

Quote:
HI ,
INFACT THIS IS A MESSAGE OF WHICH AM USING TO EXPRESS MY NEGATIVE
FEELING TOWARD YOU HAVE COMPLETELY MAKE THINGS BAD NOW MY SHIPPER
ALSO HAVE SOME OTHER item TO PICK UP FOR ME IN YOUR AREA AND THIS
SHIPPING COMPANY HAS ALREADY MAKE ARRANGEMENT WITH THE OTHER SELLER OF
THE ITEMS THAT THEY ARE COMING TOMORROW FOR THE PICK UP AND THIS MY
SHIPPER IS GOING TO USE THE EXTRA MONEY WITH YOU FOR THE SHIPPING
FUNDS, NOW TELL ME HOW THE SHIPPING COMPANY CAN NOW COME FOR THE PICK
WHEN THE MONEY TO USE FOR THE SHIPPING IS STILL WITH YOU? GENTLEMAN I
NOW GIVE YOU THE CHANCE OF TODAY FOR YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU DEDUCT YOUR
MONEY FOR THE ITEM AND ALSO $100 FOR YOUR RUNING AROUND AND HAVE THE
BALANCE SENT TO MY SHIPPER TODAY BY WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER IN
CASH,.BUT IF BY THE END OF TODAY I DO NOT READ FROM YOU THAT YOU HAVE
SENT THE EXTRA MONEY TO MY SHIPPER THEN I BELIEVE YOU WANTED TO CHEAT
ME , AND EXPECT MY LAWYER /THE FBI POLICE IN YOUR HOUSE,. BUT YOU
STILL HAVE THE CHANCE OF TODAY FOR YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE MONEY
TO MY SHIPPER ,. GET BACK TO ME WITH THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER
INFORMATIONS WHEN YOU SEND THE MONEY TO MY SHIPPER. ANXIOUSLY, WAITING
TO RECEIVE THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER INFORMATIONS TODAY.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oh, he isn't happy .. I really hope he does not have any RL infors on you - Including real life contact info on the craigslist post that you may have used elsewhere ... PM a moderator and let them have the cheque/mule info, they can handle it appropriately.

Also - Welcome to Eater Very Happy Do play safe with these guys!

agentfrog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I stay pretty anonymous on the internet so I should be safe. I'm worried about/for the mule. I will contact the moderator once I get the package in hand. I'm waiting for more if they come first. Thanks. This is my first post.
agentfrog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PS when I was younger I got scammed twice.

One used car over payment for $3,500 and one fake laptop that never showed up for $1,400. I was dumb but I learned a great lesson and can now spot them instantly. I hope their heart stops and they drop dead.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is hard to make out the address but am fairly sure it does not exist. The street has 6 million dollar houses on it that are way overpriced since Ronald and Nancy moved away. I would not pay a dollar over 4 million for one.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
agentfrog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm so do you think they are in the usa? and using a fake address?
I'll get a clear address soon.
woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ The person sending the fake check is probably in the US and may also be using a fake addres.

Welcome to eater Smile

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
agentfrog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Smile
It's not american english though.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably it was written by the lad in Africa, who has someone printing fake checks in California for him. Also PM the mod the tracking number. Most likely the shipping was paid with a stolen credit card, and the mod can pass the number to FedEx so that they can get the card canceled. I once did that when some fake job lad I baited to get a domain shut down sent my character a package at her nonexistent address.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
agentfrog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please link me to pm a mod? Not sure which one is best.

PM'd Connie L. Gus right now.
agentfrog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pics!
http://imgur.com/a/neg3N
These checks look more dangerous. They used to use completely fake international money orders. These look like they used stolen account numbers.

What should I do with these? Anyone want them?

Might be real mules:

<Mod edit to snip names of possible victims/mules> - JF

Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the first things to do is to contact the college listed on the check. They need to be aware. Get someone in finance to verify the check is fraudulent. Give them the routing number and account numbers to see if the school is using them. It might not be the school account on the check. Next contact the bank that issued the check if the college claims the check a forgery. Ask them if they want the check and all material sent to them for their fraud department to investigate.

It might be a good idea to blank out the account numbers on your photos of the checks. If it really does belong to the school/business, showing the world the account number is not a great idea.

Since it was sent by USPS, that is an additional crime if it is fake.. Report it.
http://about.usps.com/publications/pub300a/pub300a_tech_024.htm

One way to upset the lads is to hold on to the money and simply tell them you will pay the shipper when they arrive to pick up the completed jobs. As new clients to you, you require this on all new accounts to prevent scams, no exceptions.. Any balance not used by the job or shipping will be returned to the sender of the check by check.

Tell them you won't cash the checks until after the job arrives.. This kills the possibility of sending part of it back before the computers arrive. If he complains, offer to send the checks back postage COD.

Watch the hate mail arrive... 3. 2. 1.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002

Last edited by Agent1002 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
agentfrog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the school is the best one to target and who will care.
agentfrog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://imgur.com/a/wgtzh

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic