SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need help with a scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lancomegirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been baiting this scam artist in madrid for about three weeks, but he is starting to get really mad, ill paste the last message I received, im wondering how to keep it going a little longer as im having so much fun. I'm totally new to this.

To whom it may concern,
How do I send the money, Aberg is getting really mad and I fear he might ask someone else to take the money from the deposit box so please, HOW DO I WESTERN UNION THE MONEY TO YOU.
JOHN

John,
I think we are not children. We have no time to play around with you. Please stop all further email if you can not follow instrctuions carefully.
We sent you banking wire info since you said you can do that. Take good care and bye.

Info Desk.
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks like he twigged and is lost for you, to be honest. But it's recommended that you always stick to your story - no matter if the lad twigs or not. That way, he can never be sure what really happened, and whether you were in fact a victim or a mere joker.

In this particular case, allthough I'm not aware of the nature of the scam, I'd suggest to ask him what in the world the meaning of this is, why he is talking about playing, etc. Maybe slap him for being unprofessional, demand the contact information to his superior, stuff like that. Think of how you yourself would react, if someone you were having a business dialogue with suddenly sent you a message like that. Wink

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater. Sounds like you're making him miserable as he was expecting an easy pay day. Nice work!

I would continue to keep calm and play normal. Tell him to resend the payment information then "pay him". When he asks for the numbers, just make up a random set. If he asks for a copy of the receipt, just send him a blank file renamed "receipt.jpg". Granted he probably won't last too long at this point, but there are plenty of lads in the sea. Not to mention you could make a new email acct and start his misery over once again Smile

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are many possible routes when you are at this point. You can continue denial, stay in character, or show your "true colors." Your character can go completely off the rails and just turn out to be a nut, or fly off at him for insulting you.

Or, you can always go in a completely new direction. If he's likely lost anyway, you can chop him or pull the "I mailed it" card.It may not save the bait, but it might get you some signature line material.

You can do something like this:

Quote:
Thank you so much for asking your secretary to help me with this. Mr (insert name here) was so very helpful, and explained everything so clearly. I went straight to the bank and wired the money to the new account with no problems, just like he said!

Or, if he has given you a fake mailing address or something that could lead you to a mailing address:

Quote:
"I was so worried about that electronic transfer thing that I went to the bank and got a (money order/travelers check/prepaid card...). I put it inside a (card, bible...) and mailed it to (your address, the bank's address, attorney's office...)

This can be especially fun if he is piggybacking off someone legitimate and he thinks you sent it to the legitimate person, company, etc.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new at all this...kinda...but I've had a nearly identical message sent to me and it was by no means the end. So long as you operate within the imaginary story, you can get anyway with almost anything - because they still think you might pay up.

So when I got that message, I responded back irate, IRATE, I tell you, that he would be so bold as to refer to me, an 82 year old war vet as a child. I called him son, they love that, and trashed him but I kept it in story. I told him I was going to report him to his boss, Mr. John Kerry. Got a page long apology and then of course, instructions for payment (again).

I haven't even attempted to "make a payment" yet. I still don't even know what the heck a Western Onion or Money Gum is...

Have fun
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can I just ask the obvious?

You are not baiting from you real email account are you?

Like others said, don't give in to the lad. Everything is his fault.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
lancomegirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not my real Email, When I say im new to this, I have been emailing these creeps back for years, but i didn't know what I was doing had a name(scambaiting) I only found out recently when I started running out of ideas to keep the guy holding on, I googled "how to scam the scammer" and 419 popped up, Ive been reading and learning since. I think in this instince I have lost this one as contact has stopped. Ill let him stew a little while, then ill play the I was talking to your partner card and see how that goes. Thanks a million for the advice. I have learned loads in only a few days. You guys are amazing at this. My fave so far are the harry potter scambaiting and the artist one, I nearly peed myself Smile
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This bait is not lost by a long shot. I've reached this stage several times and still squeezed accounts and weeks of emails from the lads in question afterward.

You can screw with him some more, for example, give him a 9 digit MTCN and then not understand what the problem is when he tells you it's not valid.

You can say that Western Union told you the receiving station rejected the transfer due to a technical error.

You can say the clerk at the WU office told you that you were being scammed, and you got into a fight with him and now you've been banned from sending by WU ever again, can the lad accept Money Gram instead?

Lather, rinse, and repeat with MG, and then innocuously ask if you can send it by a bank transfer instead.

Once he sends you a bank account, then you can keep that going too. Tell him that you're not sure what it means but the account is "red flagged" for "money laundry". Or maybe the receiving account can't handle transfers that large. Could he please send you another one that works? Etc etc.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A tactic I often use at this stage is to Email back saying sorry our business partnership didn't work out and all the best for the future, hope you get the money (etc).

Usually a month or so later they come back. A Spanish lad I did this to has returned this week after a lengthy absence brandishing a brand spanking new bank account Very Happy

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ all true. They often challenge people they think are jokers. Just keep lying, lying and lying.

Nothing to stop you changing your story later if it suits you or you think it is something they want to believe.

Equally, nothing to stop you going back at the same lad from a different address even if he outs you as a baiter Wink so if you want him, he is yours.

Mr. Kruse
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome!

Lot's of good advice given.

If you haven't read it already, there's a ton of ideas on this thread, too. Not to mention eater university.

"STUPID MOFO...U NO GET MONEY BUY CC....FUCKIN BROKE N#%%&" - Lee Gatsby, CC Mogul

Closed lad accounts X 297
Spain x3 United Kingdom x51 Cambodia Flag x2 France x5 United States x17 South Africa x5 Ghana x18 x17 China x2 Malaysia x2 Ivory Coast x3 Germany x3 Benin x3 Switzerland Netherlands Canada Flag Pakistan Filipino flag Belgium Burkina Faso Denmark Australia Indonesia Turkey Thailand
Easter Egg 2013
Sand Timer Anita and Tex
$7,715 so far of bad checks captured.

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic