SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Interesting article in NY Times

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know if you need to be a subscriber to access this, but it offers interesting insight into Nigerian culture:

In Nigeria, You’re Either Somebody or Nobody.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good read, thank you. No pay wall for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting. I will cut and paste "Do you know who I am?" to at least one lad today.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting.It may explain the attitude that some lads get when you do not show the proper respect to the character they are playing.I've had more than one do the equivalent of shouting "do you know who I am ?"

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The next barrister or PA I meet is surely going to get called the "mere househelp" at some point. Thumbs up

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good stuff! Thumbs up

By the way, if you come across a NYT article, and you've already used your free 10 articles in that month, simply take your cursor to the address bar and click right after the ".html". Delete everything after that, then hit enter. Presto! You can also google/bing/AskJeeves the title and then go from there as a referral and no paywall issue.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Thanks for that, JM. It doesn't take long for me to hit the 10 article limit. Thumbs up

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
“Three people died,” the 11-year-old said, “but one of them was a poor man.”

I've noticed "poor man" frequently used as an insult, and "Do you want to remain poor all your life?" used to try to bully me into paying.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

An interesting article. It tells you as much about the author as it does about Nigerian society and culture. Seems pretty dismissive of the working-class in general.

Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani is an occasional contributor to the Guardian newspaper here in the UK. She wrote on this theme last year. You can read it: Here

I expect it has as much to do with the tribal nature of naija society as it has to do with acquired wealth or status. If you really want to insult a lad then all you have to do is accuse him of being from another tribal group. Igbo hate Yoruba. Yoruba hate Igbo. And everybody hates Hausa, who in turn hate Igbo and Yoruba.

We know they are all as bad as each other. They on the other hand, think it's not them, it's the other lot: From the horse's mouth Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheFae wrote:
^^Thanks for that, JM. It doesn't take long for me to hit the 10 article limit. Thumbs up

And now that loophole is closed. Wow. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/02/new-york-times-closes-url-paywall-loophole.html

But you can still sign using Chrome's "incognito" mode or perhaps Firefox's private browsing.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Gah! I went and burned all of my 10 free looks this morning! Mad
Silly New York Times. Mad

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can confirm that "incognito" works on chromium based browers (I'm using Iron), and "private" browsing works on Opera.

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic