SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Coming back...and I'm PISSED!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello fellow baiters. It's been a loooong time since I've been in this forum, or even been baiting at all. I see some of my old friends are still around and going at it...good to know some things never change.

I took a few years off of baiting, due mostly to greater job demands, and some family issues. Although I have always held a warm spot in my heart for this place, and often wished I had the time to take up baiting again.

Well, now I'm coming back, and I'm on fire. I just learned that my mother...my own f'ing MOTHER!...was scammed out of $9,000.

It wasn't a 419 type scam...I'm pretty sure I've inoculated her against those with all of the stories I've told her about my baits, and she knows better than to respond to anything in email or on the internet. No, this was a personal scam. In brief, a guy walked up to her in the grocery store parking lot and told her there was something wrong with her car (he'd apparently squired fluid underneath it when she was in the store), and convinced her he was a mechanic and would give her a great deal on fixing it if she'd pay him cash. She's 76, uses a walker, not as sharp as she used to be, grew up in a small town so she's way too trusting of people - perfect mark. He then spent the next two days driving her around in her car, showering her with attention, and walking her into bank branches where she took out cash advances on her credit card to the tune of 9 grand, which she handed to him for supposed repairs on her car (which is only worth $15,000 so I don't know WHAT the hell she was thinking). It wasn't until a few days later, when she tried calling his cellphone and it was disconnected, that she realized she'd been had. He, of course, had disappeared with her money and it dawned on her that he never actually did any work on her car.

This is actually a relatively common scam, usually perpetrated on senior citizens, especially elderly women who are all too happy to have a nice young man take care of their cars for them.

Unfortunately this happened months ago, but she was too ashamed to tell me. Now that it's been so long, any possible leads on finding the guy are long cold and so she's out all that money, which was a significant portion of her net worth.

Moral of the story: baiters, you may think your own friends and family will never fall for a scam because of the education you've given them based on your in-depth knowledge of scams. But the truth is, anyone who is even marginally cognitively impaired or remotely gullible is still at risk. Especially, watch out for your parents! (And for the record, my mother has never shown any signs of dementia, just the general slowing-down of age and occasional mild forgetfulness...but now I realize there is probably something more going on because that was beyond stupid.)

I realize I can't do anything about the scumbag who stole her money, but I can take my retribution out on other scammers who try to steal money from vulnerable people. So...watch out, lads... is back in business! And she's got her hair brush at the ready... Twisted Evil

I've probably forgotten quite a bit about baiting, and I'm sure there are new tools and modalities that I'll need a refresher on...but I'll get a few baits going and check back in, in one of the baiting forums.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry to hear about your mother!!! But so glad you are back!!!!!!!!

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was a lurker here for a while, and finally signed up because one of my relatives was taken by a 419 scammer. I definitely sympathise. Now I take out my rage by burning through their bank accounts and fake sites.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone can be scammed under right circumstances..sorry for your Mom.

Welcome back.

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WB, I wondered where you wandered off to.

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back Cachuma, wish it were under better circumstances.

You'll notice a few newish Mods, they still have the shine on their jackboots, and the Squirrel went RED.

Have fun

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Joker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back. I wish it was under better circumstances though and I hope your mother gets through this ok. Anyone can be tricked and conned. There is always a new trick in the scammer tool set and unfortunately many of them are not as transparent as a lottery FMT.

next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Always great to see the older and experienced baiters coming back. Wish it weren't for this reason though.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back! Sorry about your mother. Such scammers are also professionals, and know how to get the trust of their victims. This could happen to younger persons too.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma! Welcome back. Doc and I were just talking about hair brushes the other day. Smile

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Long time no etc. Very Happy

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bohigal wrote:
Cachuma! Welcome back. Doc and I were just talking about hair brushes the other day. Smile

HAHAHA!!! Yes, I have fond memories of my hairbrush, which kept me company all through my adventurous jaunt across Africa, while carrying my gym bag fulla cash. Wink

Thanks for all the welcome-backs! I've already got three lads scrambling for my attention, one of whom thinks I'm quite attractive. (Those of you who remember what Hester looks like, that always cracks me up...)

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So good to see you again Cachuma, even if under bad circumstance.

Go get 'em!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to have you back on board and sorry to hear about your Mum.

It is bad enough when one of the lads scams someone across the globe, but it takes a special level of evil to see an old lady with a walker, talk to her, drive her car, and scam her out of her money. I sure hope he gets his in the end...

"you can as well fuck the hell out" Barr. Peter Ojiko
"Don;t even try to mail me again,just forget about me forever.Even GO AWAY" Abu Tafa
Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry that your mother was scammed, Cachuma.
We'll get the hot irons ready for the Small Boi tattoos for ya.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Better pissed than never! Welcome back!

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back, Cachuma!

So sorry about your mom. Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Master
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome back cachuma
give them hell

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone...and yeah, hell is being given, in spades! Twisted Evil

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back, too bad it's under such horrible conditions.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back Cachuma! I was trying to place you, the hairbrush did it. Laughing

Sorry about your mum, I hope she's handling it okay.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back, but I don't like the reason, feel the anger though Wink

With some trouble you might be able to take this legal? More people than your mother might have seen him? He might still operate in the same town and have other victims there? Might take a while but you got a live one in the same country and cops will have to follow up so close to home this time.

Talk to a mod

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cougar wrote:
Welcome back Cachuma! I was trying to place you, the hairbrush did it. Laughing

Cracks me up that my hairbrush is THE one thing everyone remembers about that safari! Never has there been a more famous hairbrush. Laughing

bill2 wrote:
Welcome back, but I don't like the reason, feel the anger though Wink

With some trouble you might be able to take this legal? More people than your mother might have seen him? He might still operate in the same town and have other victims there? Might take a while but you got a live one in the same country and cops will have to follow up so close to home this time.

Talk to a mod

We talked to the cops, several times. They weren't much help. Sad They wouldn't even take an official police report. They said it had been too long - this happened back in July, but once Mom realized she'd been had, she was too embarrassed to tell us until just recently. They did go over to her place and take information from her, and said they would "enter it into their database" (whatever that means) so in case a similar incident occurs, they'll have this one to compare it to. But Mom was so sketchy on the details, I don't know how helpful that would even be. I'm sure they were mostly just placating her. That's the challenge with so many of these scam victims - they are often elderly and their mental acuity is not always the sharpest...which is why they are such perfect targets to begin with!

So really, my only option now is to hit back on other scammers with a vengeance. Which is what I'm doing now! I've got a few basic baits going, and one promising one with an NOK lad who is "falling for" Hester (he hasn't seen her pic yet... Laughing ). He's a good candidate for a safari...are Simba Safari's still up and running?? Hester may need a vacation. And she'll be bringing her hairbrush!

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have fun getting even then, Cya around

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

its good to have you onboard.
It's too bad it should be like this though.

Now give them bastads hell!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic