SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Talking to the scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
NotReallyKarlDavies
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know it goes against every rule of scambaiting, but I really want to get inside the head of a scammer and find out more about what he does.

I want to tell him I'm aware that he is trying to scam me, but I have no intent of reporting him to any authority.

I would like to ask him some questions, anonymously, about scamming.

Is this particularly stupid for any reason? Are there any precautions I should take? What is the best way to approach it?

Thanks for your help.
Big X
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most lads would drop you as soon as you tell them you know they're a scammer. I don't think there is anything to be gained by doing that. Lads lie all the time, I don't think you'll get an accurate description of anything he does, or even the real reasons why he scams. All it does is burn the lad, and that's not a positive thing.

Flag PakistanUnited Arab EmiratesTurkeyChinaKorean FlagJapanThailandVietnam FlagCambodia FlagFilipino flagMalaysiaIndonesiaAustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaKenyaNigeriaGhanacameroonBeninTogoIvory Coast x15,508
Safari Rev Ozzy: Warri-Lome-Cotonou
Safari Woody: Accra-Singapore
Safari Archie x2: Lagos-Natitingou, Abuja-Niamey
Sand Timer John W, Rev Ozzy, Lil Richard, Zenith, Ever Bank, Robert M, Archie x2
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I know it goes against every rule of scambaiting, but I really want to get inside the head of a scammer and find out more about what he does.

Not at all. It's at the heart of what we do. Know your enemy, and all that Wink

Some of our members have interviewed scammers. Usual safe baiting precautions apply I guess, they should work. But never forget who you are dealing with, don't let them get in your head. I'd be interested to see what you can dig up.

oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Getting inside the head of a scammer is what I/we do.

Hang around here, read the stickies, try EaterU, sign up for a Mentor, Bait safe and I think you will have no problem achieving what you are looking for.

PS - Welcome to Eater

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
NotReallyKarlDavies
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just on a side note, I've been having problems signing up for a mentor.
EDIT: Seems to be working fine, now.
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need to have at least one post to sign up, which you have now.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
NotReallyKarlDavies
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have three scambaits on the go at the minute, and in one of them I have just asked the question.
Here is how I posed it:

Quote:
Hi there,

I am aware that this is a complete scam.

I know that your aim here is to try and get money out of me.

I have no intention of reporting you to the authorities, or trying to get you to stop, I am actually interested in how you execute and perform you scams - and when people fall for them.

I will keep your identity completely anonymous, and delete all your messages once I have read them, as I have said, I am legitimately interested and hope to receive your hospitality.

Is this the only scam you are running?

We'll see how he responds.

I imagine he'll be reluctant to tell me it is a scam at first. Hopefully I'll get some info out of him but only time can really tell.
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Hopefully I'll get some info out of him but only time can really tell.

Welcome to Eater.... Laughing

Good luck with that I have the feeling you will not even get a reply, regarding a Mentor I have sent you a PM.... Wink

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the forum! It seems you are about to be under the tutelage of VM. I do recall seeing something like this a year or so back. Try some searches and you may find the script that was used then.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He'll most likely deny it's a scam at all. And if you keep calling him out he will deny again.

I think sometimes scammers believe their lame stories themselves somehow. At least every dirty internet cafe scamming idiot would like to be president of a bank or whatever, so they really get sucked into their scam stories and won't believe you when you tell them they're not true.

the test question here is still who is the bastard b@la h@ssan, so were did you change the test question, and there is no change in this slip, this is the first slip you sent to me, you are wasting my time and dont call me a bastard in your next mail. (Hitman B@la H@ssan)

Closed lad accounts 5x
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes they'll answer and admit they're scamming, but only to set you up for another scam. "I'm so poor..have no food...need help...I promise if you send me___$ I won't do it anymore".

If you keep in mind that most of them no longer know what the truth is, that lying is an automatic response and take what they say with a grain of salt there's no harm in asking them.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
JacobDaniel
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My suggestion would be to run an interview/bait at the same time. Tell him, perhaps, that you work for a news organization or that you are a freelance journalist, and offer/promise him money for his 'confidential' interview and hint that if your 'expose' gets picked up by one of the networks, there might be plenty of filthy lucre in it for him, ESPECIALLY if he were to 'drop a dime' on some fellow scammers.

The baiter and law-enforcement communities could then possibly use what you get (assuming it isn't a pack of utter lies, which is absolutely possible, even likely) to make life even harder for these lads. Of course, he wouldn't receive the 'reward' until and unless his information were verified and substantiated....you could keep this one busy for awhile, I should think.

Good luck!

EDIT: If you DO try a combination interview/bait, it should go without saying, but PLEASE PLEASE make sure you're doing it from behind a smokescreen. Don't EVER reveal real, verifiable info to one of these guys.

FURTHER EDIT: This could also be a great attempt and opportunity to 'educate' the lads; asking leading questions like 'And how do you get around the U.S.'s new anti-terrorist legislation dealing with wire-transfers' or 'How much does it cut into your profits to have to deal out the legally required WU/MG forms' can give those modalities a suggestion of even greater legitimacy, thus paving the way for future baiters.

Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never, ever tell them that I know that they're a scammer. This only makes them question how you realised the scam. Therefore, he will learn from his mistake.

A simple "straight bait" will tell you all you need to know.
If you ever feel uncomfortable, just drop him.

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You'll quickly learn that these scammers have no morals or scruples whatsoever. There is no excuse, no circumstance, no obstacle that the lad will accept for a victim not to be able to send the money. For instance, try telling one of your lads that the only way to get the money is to prostitute your 10 year old daughter, and see how much sympathy you get.

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
TerranceBoyce
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are many ways in to a scammer's brain - other than with an axe Twisted Evil - which is always the preferred option.

One method is to pretend to be a scammer yourself, which has been done and, isn't that difficult. When you start out you can over complicate and try to be too detailed in what you do. It doesn't necessarily mean you have to be fluent in Ladspeak and even an expert probably wouldn't be faultless. In fact if you have good English as a scammer it would impress another scammer.

Once you have a scammer working with you (in a fake situation) you can't get any closer.

You don't aways have to be pretending to be their ally either. Perhaps you can set yourself up as a competitor and adversary.

Baiting IS mind games, so if you are a good baiter, you're good at mind games.
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Monsignor has tortured a lad for a few months to point where the idiot offered to work for him. It's such a great call and one of a few calls where you exactly will have a glimpse of how a scammer's mind functions.

https://soundcloud.com/mbayowambayo/dr-perry-patrick-to-pricky-29/s-Ai4Uz

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
TerranceBoyce
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When he says that he's suspicious that he thinks he's African - what a plonker ? Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic